2023 NFL Thread | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

I think people are missing the point with Dak.

You are correct. The defense was hideous and the reason they lost.

But this is the difference between Dak and a great QB. The score was 20-0. (7 of those points thanks to a Dak INT) Your defense was awful, your offense was awful. You are driving with a chance to score before half and get the ball back before half. Pick 6. You just gut punched the whole team with that.

Brady was famously down 28-3 vs ATL. If NE loses that game surely no one blames him, but we know what happened.

Two other games I can think of where the teams lost was Hurts vs KC last year and Allen vs KC in the famous 13 second game. Those QBs KEPT their teams in that game. Dak didn't.
I won’t dispute that, but it’s interesting to me that Dak had the same playoff resume Peyton Manning had his first 8 years as a starter which included multiple blowouts as well. The only difference is media and fans made excuses for Manning.

This is why using a timeout on 3rd and 11 inside your own territory in the third quarter is stupid.

Take a delay! Timeout almost always means more.
I know they've had kicker issues but I'd rather them just run the ball on 3rd and 4 from the 34 or a quick throw just to gain some more positive yardage if they don't pick up the first. Have your kicker try a 48-51 yd FG to take the lead. That dropback leading to the holding call was a disaster. Also since they only had 1 TO when they were 3rd and 14 from the 44 they needed to call a play to get some of that yardage back then either go for it on 4th down or try the long FG. I knew once they punted they weren't getting the ball back.

This exactly. Bills were terrible when I was a kid. They games were rarely on tv. The 4 teams you mentioned were on weekly. Early 80s brought the Niners as well.
I was old enough to start paying attention in mid 80's and went with the Raiders. I only knew one Bills fan before 1988.

The missed Roughing was a tough one given some of the ticky tac RTP calls we see. I didn't think the Puka PI miss was that bad; looks bad in slow mo from reverse angle. The bogus false start likely cost the Lions pts end of half.
You know if Mahomes had that exact same hit it'd be a flag.

I won’t dispute that, but it’s interesting to me that Dak had the same playoff resume Peyton Manning had his first 8 years as a starter which included multiple blowouts as well. The only difference is media and fans made excuses for Manning.
Manning went to AFC championship in 2003.

And I would argue he got killed pretty good there for awhile. I remember he did the whole monkey off his back routine after they finally beat NE in 2006

Ehh that's a major reach. The hot take culture wasn't as intense then but he got killed by the Jim Rome's of the world, rightfully so some of the time. Time tends to fade a lot of those memories. He'll probably always be an outlier that way for how dominant he was in the Reg. season.

Ehh that's a major reach. The hot take culture wasn't as intense then but he got killed by the Jim Rome's of the world, rightfully so some of the time. Time tends to fade a lot of those memories. He'll probably always be an outlier that way for how dominant he was in the Reg. season.
I hated Manning so it was never enough for me.

This is true. We have a Steelers bar in Syracuse. There’s no bar for any other teams.

I always kind of considered Change of Pace a Cowboys bar, even if it isn't officially one. I believe Bridge Street Tavern is a Browns bar (or at least that's where Browns fans usually congregate).

The picks weren’t great, but the Cowboys weren’t winning that game with prime Tom Brady at QB yesterday. Dan Quinn as a head coaching candidate is laughable. The defense got smoked. Rex was all over it this morning.
Imagine trying to sell his hire to your fan base after that game. Dudes wide ass open in the secondary all game. I recall comparisons to the 85 Bears D and parsons to LT earlier in the year.

Just to clarify, Manning 3 wins in 8 seasons, Dak 2

Wow. Elam is an absolute liability out there.
jim carrey harry GIF

Diggs is such a drama queen. That may be the least hard hit I've seen in the NFL this year. lol

Huh, and now the Steelers with the weirdest timeout in NFL playoff history.

I always kind of considered Change of Pace a Cowboys bar, even if it isn't officially one. I believe Bridge Street Tavern is a Browns bar (or at least that's where Browns fans usually congregate).
Bridge Street Tavern 100% Browns bar. The owner still wears a "I still hate Elway" tshirt. My brother goes there as a Bronco fan and he went to school with her son.

That drop by Knox may be a complete paradigm shifter

Haven’t gotten any announcements for about 45 minutes due to a tornado warning down here in Port St. Lucie. What happened with that Bill?

Allen is such a Mahomes. He fake slides and fakes going out of bounds enough in the games I watch where I feel like they shouldn't get those calls.

Especially cuz they sooooo spaz out when they get touched.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom