2023 NFL Thread | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Feel like I’m taking crazy pills with every team wanting to interview Brian Johnson for their HC vacancy lol
Brian-Johnson-hitting-the-one-tonne-Hells-Bell.jpg

The craziest line was TB team total of 20 at + 105. Both AZ and the NYG ran roughshod on the Philly defense in the previous two weeks. Not exactly two prolific offenses. TB doesn't have a great offense either but anybody in the NFL could put up 20+ on the Birds. That was easy money.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this but I played an alternate line of TB -13 at +550. I figured if they're gonna get blown out - which I thought was a distinct possibility - then I want to make some money on it.
I got that Bucs team total over 20.5 at -108

Have been a season ticket holder since the LINC opened 20 years ago.
So my in-laws (to be at the time) had Giants season tix when I graduated and moved down to NYC area in late 80s.

I went to boatloads of games from then until kids. Then went to fewer and fewer, especially when my kids aged into sports.

They gave the tix up when the new stadium was built.

I always assumed that I would buy back in once kids were gone but that has now happened and I find that I have no interest in doing so:

PSLs are ridiculous
Tix prices are insane; parking is insane; concessions are insane
Leave at 10 AM for a 1 PM game and get home at 8 PM
Flexing so you don't know when games are
Better view from my couch

Many others must feel the same way as there was actually a TV commercial advertising season tix during one of the playoff games. Back when I first started going there was a 20+ year waiting list.

Does Linc have same issues?

So my in-laws (to be at the time) had Giants season tix when I graduated and moved down to NYC area in late 80s.

I went to boatloads of games from then until kids. Then went to fewer and fewer, especially when my kids aged into sports.

They gave the tix up when the new stadium was built.

I always assumed that I would buy back in once kids were gone but that has now happened and I find that I have no interest in doing so:

PSLs are ridiculous
Tix prices are insane; parking is insane; concessions are insane
Leave at 10 AM for a 1 PM game and get home at 8 PM
Flexing so you don't know when games are
Better view from my couch

Many others must feel the same way as there was actually a TV commercial advertising season tix during one of the playoff games. Back when I first started going there was a 20+ year waiting list.

Does Linc have same issues?
For me, I'd rather watch from home than making the trip to the stadium.

Used to have a 16-game package to the Phillies, and a 3-game package to the Iggles.

Hey, when you get older, the novelty of being out in a big crowd is--no longer novel.

Dan Quinn will remain Cowboys' D coordinator is he doesn't land HC job. From Ed Werder of ESPN:

"The #Cowboys expect Dan Quinn to return as Mike McCarthy’s defensive coordinator should he not be hired as a head coach elsewhere. Quinn has completed two of his five scheduled interviews for head-coaching vacancies."

Jerrah has painted himself into a corner. He really wants that Super Bowl and suspects he doesn't have enough time left to rebuild. Running it back with this cast of under-achievers probably strikes him as his least-bad option.

Dan Quinn will remain Cowboys' D coordinator is he doesn't land HC job. From Ed Werder of ESPN:

"The #Cowboys expect Dan Quinn to return as Mike McCarthy’s defensive coordinator should he not be hired as a head coach elsewhere. Quinn has completed two of his five scheduled interviews for head-coaching vacancies."

Jerrah has painted himself into a corner. He really wants that Super Bowl and suspects he doesn't have enough time left to rebuild. Running it back with this cast of under-achievers probably strikes him as his least-bad option.
Their defense was overrated from a personnel standpoint. They have good defensive ends and corners. Their linebackers, safeties, middle of their line stinks.

Their defense was overrated from a personnel standpoint. They have good defensive ends and corners. Their linebackers, safeties, middle of their line stinks.
Gotta wonder how/why they effectively game-planned Parsons out of his role as Pass-Rushing Demon.

The Iggles did the same thing with Hassan Reddick. You can bet THEIR defensive coordinator won't be back...

The efficacy of the Dallas defense relies on Micah Parsons. But consider Dallas beat what, 3 playoff teams? Two? So Parsons apparently savaged teams with weak O-lines. When he came up dry (Detroit schemed him - and their whole pass rush - into irrelevance) it exposed the rest of the D as something less than they were reputed to be.

Accordingly, Buffalo and Detroit ran the ball right down their throats and they couldn't stop it. So Dallas' 5 DB defense (to jump passes from harried QB's) proved only you can't stop the run with just two LB's. While this may render me MOTO, the fact that Quinn didn't seem to get that should be troubling to the Cowboys, but apparently it's not. Recall, however, Dallas kept their Wally Cleaver look-alike head coach Jason Garrett around for 10 freaking unrequited years. Don't even get me started on Tony Romo. But I digress ...

And yet they beat us by a combined score of 89-17 across the two games. Ouch.

Feels like this is the year Buffalo has to get it done. No Burrow, the Chiefs are down, and Stroud is still young plus Houston doesn’t have a great deal of talent around him. The AFC is only going to be tougher next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom