2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread

We can’t even kick basic short field goals!

This is a Greg Robinson SU performance.

Other than the Judge QB sneak on 3rd down, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more embarrassing performance by the Giants.

Dallas defense is very good, but the talent differential between these two teams can’t possibly be THIS big.

Giants moved downfield rather smoothly on the first drive. Sorta went away from that and stuff

We can’t even kick basic short field goals!

Other than the Judge QB sneak on 3rd down, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more embarrassing performance by the Giants.

Dallas defense is very good, but the talent differential between these two teams can’t possibly be THIS big.

This is brutal.

It’s only one game, but it’s a division game and it’s the cowboys.

Between them and the eagles, we’re going to be uphill battle from the jump.

Cards next week. We lose that, time to start looking at the top of the draft.

LOL… I was going to post same. This game reminds me of 2005-2008.
A few just as bad in Ray Handley era (the game where Dallas was up 35-0 at half and Cowboys fans were chanting, “Ray must stay.”)

This is brutal.

It’s only one game, but it’s a division game and it’s the cowboys.

Between them and the eagles, we’re going to be uphill battle from the jump.

Cards next week. We lose that, time to start looking at the top of the draft.
Yeah. With Philly/Dallas, we’re already probably 0-4. At SF…lol.

So sick of not being able to block anybody. Only been about 13 straight years of bullshit offensive lines.

LOL… I was going to post same. This game reminds me of 2005-2008.

A few just as bad in Ray Handley era (the game where Dallas was up 35-0 at half and Cowboys fans were chanting, “Ray must stay.”)
Yeah, but that one ended up 34-28!

If we come back like that in this one, I’ll eat my hat.

Alright, we were 0-2 in 2007 with our defense getting lit up. Right?

Yeah, but that one ended up 34-28!

If we come back like that in this one, I’ll eat my hat.
Game one of a long season but if our oline can’t block anyone going to be a long season and Devito will be starting by game 8 because Jones and Taylor will b done for season.

Game one of a long season but if our oline can’t block anyone going to be a long season and Devito will be starting by game 8 because Jones and Taylor will b done for season.
The only thing worst than seeing how poor the Giants have played is having to listen to Collingsworth talk about how great the Cowboys are.

Daboll should give back his COY award if he can't get the team competitive in the 2nd half of this game. What's the most embarrassing is that they have had seven months to prep for this game.

Last edited:
I realize you “cant” do this in game 1 after giving guy a “franchise QB contract”, but this screams put in Tyrod and hope he can spark something, IMO.

We finally make a good play and fumble.

I’ve never seen anything like this at this level.

This is GRob.

I already lived through GRob. Once was enough. Why is this happening?

I had money on the giants . So I was pulling for you guys . We’ll always have 3rd and 2 in the red zone. They can’t take that from us

Well…Wasn’t expecting this. I mean, nobody could have. At this level rare to see complete blow outs too.

NFL is weird.

Well…Wasn’t expecting this. I mean, nobody could have. At this level rare to see complete blow outs too.

NFL is weird.
Why was jones in there on that last drive ? To create some illusion of momentum heading into week 2 at the risk of him dying? Seems a poor job of risk assessment

Why was jones in there on that last drive ? To create some illusion of momentum heading into week 2 at the risk of him dying? Seems a poor job of risk assessment
Should’ve taken him out at halftime.

He didn’t play good enough to stay in there.

The Athletic (@theathletichq) on Threads

No team has ever

◽️ Lost 40-0 or worse
◽️ Lost the sack battle 7-0 or worse
◽️ Lost the turnover battle 3-0 (or worse)
◽️ Had a blocked FG returned for a TD
◽️ Threw a pick-6

in the same season.

The Giants did it all in one game.

H/T OptaStats | X

The Athletic (@theathletichq) on Threads

No team has ever

◽️ Lost 40-0 or worse
◽️ Lost the sack battle 7-0 or worse
◽️ Lost the turnover battle 3-0 (or worse)
◽️ Had a blocked FG returned for a TD
◽️ Threw a pick-6

in the same season.

The Giants did it all in one game.

H/T OptaStats | X
The thing with the NFL is that half the teams that won in week one are going to lose in week two or week three at the latest.

The Giants play two big games on the road in the next ten days. Let's hope they have all stopped reading their off-season press clippings (Daboll included) and all get down and dirty. Being 0-1 can mean absolutely nothing. Unless it becomes 0-2 and then 0-3.

The thing with the NFL is that half the teams that won in week one are going to lose in week two or week three at the latest.

The Giants play two big games on the road in the next ten days. Let's hope they have all stopped reading their off-season press clippings (Daboll included) and all get down and dirty. Being 0-1 can mean absolutely nothing. Unless it becomes 0-2 and then 0-3.

On the one hand, it’s simply one loss.

On the other - I really don’t recall seeing a more one sided game than that in the NFL. We couldn’t even kick a FG!!!

On the one hand, it’s simply one loss.

On the other - I really don’t recall seeing a more one sided game than that in the NFL. We couldn’t even kick a FG!!!
The Post-Fran to Pre-Phil mid 70s Giants put up 1 game like that.

Yep…Just 1x….to John Madden’s Raiders.

Nobody is confusing the ‘23 pokes to the ‘73 Raiders.

Got some work to do….

Wish we could just give this crappy ass stadium to the Jets and get a better one somewhere else. Other than 2011, we’ve absolutely sucked in this sucky soulless stadium.

Would love a do over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom