2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread

Take away the 3rd and 4th quarters against the Cardinals and they've scored 15 points in 14 quarters.

They've scored the fewest points in the NFL this season.

Pugh is coming off a torn ACL last October. They are desperate.

Jones is not going to last at this rate.

If they bring up DeVito, he may say "Thanks but no thanks. Been there and done that with SU in 2019 & 2020" I'll stay on the practice squad (and in one piece)..
Been outscored 64-3 at home. Ridiculous.

Take away the 3rd and 4th quarters against the Cardinals and they've scored 15 points in 14 quarters.

They've scored the fewest points in the NFL this season.

Pugh is coming off a torn ACL last October. They are desperate.

Jones is not going to last at this rate.

If they bring up DeVito, he may say "Thanks but no thanks. Been there and done that with SU in 2019 & 2020" I'll stay on the practice squad (and in one piece)..
Pugh plays well when he's not hurt. Probably aren't a lot of better options out there.
Giants choices for OL have not been inspired to say the least. Flowers, the guy from the Pats, the two Georgia draft picks (although I guess there's still hope on the latter if they can get/stay healthy).

This team absolutely sucks in every facet.
If the floor falls out from under this team and they're in the running for a top 5 pick in a very good 2024 QB draft what are the cap implications of cutting Daniel Jones if the Giants can land a Williams, Maye, Penix Jr., Ward, Nix type of QB?

If the floor falls out from under this team and they're in the running for a top 5 pick in a very good 2024 QB draft what are the cap implications of cutting Daniel Jones if the Giants can land a Williams, Maye, Penix Jr., Ward, Nix type of QB?

Think after 2024 they take a 19 mil cap hit (I could be wrong but those are the #s I seem to remember). Honestly it's worth it for Williams or Maye. This isn't going to work out.

Amazing a guy with a chalkboard and polyester shorts was allowed to work for the Giants in the 2010s...

Think after 2024 they take a 19 mil cap hit (I could be wrong but those are the #s I seem to remember). Honestly it's worth it for Williams or Maye. This isn't going to work out.

Amazing a guy with a chalkboard and polyester shorts was allowed to work for the Giants in the 2010s...

I still think he’d be fine with solid line play.

The line has been absolutely obliterated against Dallas, SF, and Seattle….I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do, or who could possibly play well and produce points under those circumstances. He lit up Arizona when they protected him.

But that brings me to…..maybe we should build the rest of the team(mainly the OL) and put money into that and save money at QB with a cheaper player? Maybe we’re not at the point where we should be sinking that much money into a QB?

Thomas is out for this one too. Damn.

I was told this early season schedule of road games would be good.

We better go like 8-1 in the last 9.

I’m not throwing in the towel or tanking. This team should be better than this.

Tough with best OL out though. Plus the Center now.

Miami just moved up and down the field with short passes, and yards after the catch.

Made it look easy.

Miami just moved up and down the field with short passes, and yards after the catch.

Made it look easy.
Pretty impressive and Innovative. Hopefully the rest of the game isn't so easy for them. LOL!!!

Annnnd on 3 and 8 Jones takes a sack that makes a 50 yard FG into a 55 yarder.

Annnnd on 3 and 8 Jones takes a sack that makes a 50 yard FG into a 55 yarder.
Did the Giants borrow our oline for today’s game?

And our defense?

It is like watching the same team on Saturday and Sunday.

I’m out of town. I was assuming it was about to be 21-3, and I was going to leave the bar and head to the airport early.

Now? I gotta stick around. Give me another drink!
DeVito now one play away from being an NFL starter.

LOL.

DeVito now one play away from being an NFL starter.

LOL.
Tyrod is going to play solid, Barkley and Thomas will be back, and we’ll look decent and put a scare in the Bills and fans and media will start a QB controversy.

Should be fun!

Tyrod is going to play solid, Barkley and Thomas will be back, and we’ll look decent and put a scare in the Bills and fans and media will start a QB controversy.

Should be fun!
And Daboll will go with what’s behind curtain #3 - Tommy DeVito!

And Daboll will go with what’s behind curtain #3 - Tommy DeVito!
And dad will demand to meet with the staff to show them his ideas for how they can better serve Tommy….

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom