2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread

I frankly expected a step back this year because of the schedule, but not this. And I'm not sure Barkley would be making a huge difference.
Didn’t they show a stat in the first half that the Giants scored 3 more points and gained 45 more yards per game with Barkley than without?

Didn’t they show a stat in the first half that the Giants scored 3 more points and gained 45 more yards per game with Barkley than without?
Yes but to me that's a fairly modest improvement. Their issue is the OL and has been for years.

Is Daboll a good coach, or Ben McAdoo re-incarnated?
Daboll isn't the problem. Mara and partly Schoen are the reasons they're here. The former insisted on giving Jones that contract which they have to keep him on the roster next season or eat 70M in dead cap money.

Yes but to me that's a fairly modest improvement. Their issue is the OL and has been for years.
They can't throw the deep ball. Not sure why they keep trying. If you're successful throwing short passes, why allow your QB to stand back there to get sacked ten times. The NFL is too smart. There are a lot of issues and play calling is not helping.

Bad QB play makes every coach look dumb. Look how Burrow's injury is exposing Zac Taylor.

I think Daboll is good but Daniel Jones ain't Josh Allen.

Burn it all down. Top to bottom.

Players, coaching staff, front office. Sell the team if you have to.

Just burn it all down. I'll accept a couple losing season for a fresh start where it at least looks as if we have a plan.

Just burn it all down. I'll accept a couple losing season for a fresh start where it at least looks as if we have a plan.
Aye, this might be the worst squad yet, and that’s saying something after the last 6 or 7 years . Just depressing .

You've already had nearly a decade of losing. Mara selling makes more sense than burning it all down. The problems start and end with him.

The O is broken, top to bottom.

We may be the last team to ever draft a RB #2.

Our OL is brutal.

Luckily DJ's guaranteed money is two years.

I dunno. Its broken. We're going to be 1-5 and then we have to make a decision on what to do with the rest of the season.

My point was that Barkley doesn’t seem to make that big a difference . When I have seen him, it seems like 15-18 carries for 30-40 yards, and he may pop on or two big plays.

Not a Giants fan but last night on the broadcast they said they have drafted a ton of OL the last few years. Clearly either some big misses, or the coaching staff has to be much better.

I also maintain the Giants have one of the worst receiving cores in the league. Waller was a good sign and I don't understand how he can't get 12 targets a game. The rest? It's filled with #3-4 guys and unfortunately several of them are injury prone. Jury still out on Hyatt.

Justin Pugh signed with Giants, ny post twitter and pugh on twitter.

Our OL is brutal.

I dunno. Its broken. We're going to be 1-5 and then we have to make a decision on what to do with the rest of the season.
Tough to judge a QB when the snap and the defensive linemen get to the QB at the same time.

OL is definitely brutal.

Let's see if we get any better when Thomas comes back.

Regardless, season is probably broken...looking at 1-5...

When the Jets play the Giants both sets of fans may be booing both teams...

Not a Giants fan but last night on the broadcast they said they have drafted a ton of OL the last few years. Clearly either some big misses, or the coaching staff has to be much better.
They have. And high draft picks too.

Our OL is brutal.

If they get to 1-5 Giants should test the waters on what they’d get for Jones and Barkley. Marcus Mariotta could do what Jones does for a lot less money.

My point was that Barkley doesn’t seem to make that big a difference . When I have seen him, it seems like 15-18 carries for 30-40 yards, and he may pop on or two big plays.
Maybe, but he also catches passes and draws a ton of defensive attention so the passing game often works better with him in there.

The comeback against Arizona featured a lot of fakes to him which drew the linebackers and left the middle of the field open for slants to Waller.

Through 4 games, I don’t ever remember a Giants team looking worse offensively.

Through 4 games, I don’t ever remember a Giants team looking worse offensively.
Take away the 3rd and 4th quarters against the Cardinals and they've scored 15 points in 14 quarters.

They've scored the fewest points in the NFL this season.

Pugh is coming off a torn ACL last October. They are desperate.

Jones is not going to last at this rate.

If they bring up DeVito, he may say "Thanks but no thanks. Been there and done that with SU in 2019 & 2020" I'll stay on the practice squad (and in one piece)..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom