2023 NYS Section III Thread... | Syracusefan.com

2023 NYS Section III Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
I imagine there’s a couple kids to maybe keep an eye on, someone at JD, WG, or maybe Caz…

Last edited by a moderator:
Liverpool should be good this year. Maybe not a ton of High End D1 talent but I believe they have a couple of guys going to smaller D1 schools. Really wish we had recruited Jake Piseno who played at Liverpool, now a senior at Albany and runs with the Iroquois Nationals.

Saturday, April 1

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
Niskayuna@ Baldwinsville14-9Game Details
Homervs. Carthage8-7Game Details
Westhillvs. Auburn15-9Game Details
Skaneatelesvs. Indian River20-13Game Details
Cicero-North Syracuse@ General Brown9-8Game Details
Liverpool@ Bethlehem15-8Game Details
West Genesee@ Vestal10-8Game Details
Whitesborovs. Thousand Islands17-2Game Details
Pittsford Sutherland@ Christian Brothers Academy9-8Game Details
LaFayette-Onondagavs. South Jefferson17-11Game Details
Marcellusvs. Cazenovia18-6Game Details

Brett Bucktooth 5 & 1
Jameson Bucktooth 5 & 4

Saturday, April 1

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
Niskayuna@ Baldwinsville14-9Game Details
Homervs. Carthage8-7Game Details
Westhillvs. Auburn15-9Game Details
Skaneatelesvs. Indian River20-13Game Details
Cicero-North Syracuse@ General Brown9-8Game Details
Liverpool@ Bethlehem15-8Game Details
West Genesee@ Vestal10-8Game Details
Whitesborovs. Thousand Islands17-2Game Details
Pittsford Sutherland@ Christian Brothers Academy9-8Game Details
LaFayette-Onondagavs. South Jefferson17-11Game Details
Marcellusvs. Cazenovia18-6Game Details

Brett Bucktooth 5 & 1
Jameson Bucktooth 5 & 4
Shocked at Nisky beating Bville by 5. All other games par for the course.

Did we ever decide if Bucktooth was a Junior or Senior this year?

Liverpool should be good this year. Maybe not a ton of High End D1 talent but I believe they have a couple of guys going to smaller D1 schools. Really wish we had recruited Jake Piseno who played at Liverpool, now a senior at Albany and runs with the Iroquois Nationals.
Agree, This could be their year to take the Section III crown for large schools. Salanger is very good in net (UMASS commit). I know Sacco and Clouthier have both committed to play at Lemoyne. Clouthier is very underrated imo and his size is probably why he didn't get a bunch of DI offers. I believe the older Michaud has committed to Fairfield and Osbeck to Albany. Plus a few others to smaller schools.

Piseno wasn't recruited by any of the major powers out of HS. He was very small but aggressive. He was committed to St Johns before switching to Albany. He would have been a dog at SU with all the turnovers he causes and on ground balls.

Shocked at Nisky beating Bville by 5. All other games par for the course.

Nisky should be back to being the top team in Section II this year. I'm not sure what Class they are playing at. They have two seniors committed to Denver, one committed to Rutgers, and a junior committed to Stony Brook.

The smaller suburban schools (Niskayuna, Burnt Hills, and Ballston Spa) are probably the best three programs in the area right now.

Last edited:
Agree, This could be their year to take the Section III crown for large schools. Salanger is very good in net (UMASS commit). I know Sacco and Clouthier have both committed to play at Lemoyne. Clouthier is very underrated imo and his size is probably why he didn't get a bunch of DI offers. I believe the older Michaud has committed to Fairfield and Osbeck to Albany. Plus a few others to smaller schools.

Piseno wasn't recruited by any of the major powers out of HS. He was very small but aggressive. He was committed to St Johns before switching to Albany. He would have been a dog at SU with all the turnovers he causes and on ground balls.
Didn’t realize Clouthier is headed to LeMoyne. He’s been a varsity starter for Pool since 9th grade I believe. Obvious D1 talent. Size hurts him from going major D1. Wonder if he wanted to be close to home, would think smaller D1’s would be all over him.

Didn’t realize Clouthier is headed to LeMoyne. He’s been a varsity starter for Pool since 9th grade I believe. Obvious D1 talent. Size hurts him from going major D1. Wonder if he wanted to be close to home, would think smaller D1’s would be all over him.

He has some red flags.

Monday, April 10

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
Cazenovia@ Carthage10-4Game Details

Tuesday, April 11

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
Westhill@ LaFayette/Onondaga14-11Game Details
Auburn@ Central Square16-2Game Details
Cortlandvs. Oswego12-2Game Details
East Syracuse Minoa@ Syracuse12-3Game Details
Jamesville-DeWittvs. West Genesee16-7Game Details
Baldwinsville@ Fayetteville-Manlius14-4Game Details
Christian Brothers Academyvs. New Hartford9-7Game Details
Homer@ Tully/Fabius-Pompey17-2Game Details
Marcellus@ Jordan-Elbridge16-4Game Details

Thought I’d post this here but the new HS National rankings has Niskayuna ranked #16.

Nisky fyi has 8 division 1 kids on the team.

1A75A4F6-4CDD-4607-B076-EB929505C0FA.jpeg

Thought I’d post this here but the new HS National rankings has Niskayuna ranked #16.

Nisky fyi has 8 division 1 kids on the team.

View attachment 226970
Looks like Victor got punished for going down to MD (they got spanked by Calvert Hall and beat St. Mary's in OT).

Victor also has somewhere around 10 DI commits; I expect them to blow the doors off most Upstate teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom