2023 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead

Penn State has posted their 2023 roster

I think they will be fairly tough this coming season, and stick with my #15 ranking above. They had a lot of injuries this past season.
TJ Malone and Jack Traynor are back as graduate students to go with Will Peden, who was getting his feet wet as a freshman last year, and 5-star recruit Matt Lazarro on attack. Players like Costin, Long and Sickler to give some midfield scoring. Chase Mullins is listed as a RS-freshman for FOs. Fyock and Fracyon are back in goal. Sutton Boland leads the close D.

Duke article on Lax Magazine:
usalaxmagazine.com

Fall Ball Focus: Bringing the Fun Back to Duke Men's Lacrosse

After missing the NCAA's for first time of John Danowski era, Blue Devils regroup.
usalaxmagazine.com
usalaxmagazine.com

Duke 2023 roster;
https://goduke.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster
Hard to know how Duke is going to do. They do have the 3 big scorers: O'Neill (74pts), D.Williams (52pts), and McAdorey (39pts). After that a little hard to know.

Duke article on Lax Magazine:
usalaxmagazine.com

Fall Ball Focus: Bringing the Fun Back to Duke Men's Lacrosse

After missing the NCAA's for first time of John Danowski era, Blue Devils regroup.
usalaxmagazine.com
usalaxmagazine.com

Duke 2023 roster;
https://goduke.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster
Hard to know how Duke is going to do. They do have the 3 big scorers: O'Neill (74pts), D.Williams (52pts), and McAdorey (39pts). After that a little hard to know.

They also bring in Tommy Schelling from Lehigh as a grad transfer. He finished last year with 68 points. He seems like a true quarterback type that they missed last year. Unsure who will play goalie for them but they should be very good at the faceoff x with Naso and Zuzi. On paper definitely not as star powered but maybe that will work out better for them this year?

They also bring in Tommy Schelling from Lehigh as a grad transfer. He finished last year with 68 points. He seems like a true quarterback type that they missed last year. Unsure who will play goalie for them but they should be very good at the faceoff x with Naso and Zuzi. On paper definitely not as star powered but maybe that will work out better for them this year?
O’Neill needs to stop being so predictable with his one power move if he wants to take the next step. For our sake, I hope he doesn’t.

is there an issue at duke? i find that talk to be overblown. prior to 2022, they made three straight final fours. outside of maryland and virginia they have been the most consistently good program in the country over the past 5 years, and if you stretch it to the last decade one could easily argue they leapfrog UVA as the second best team with 6 final fours, 2 titles, and 1 runner-up since 2012.

that being said, dano jr. has always underwhelmed me as an offensive coordinator. i would agree if the argument was they've left points on the field over the years but that's different from there being some big issue. when dad hangs it up (probably in the next 2 to 5 years) i hope he passes the baton to caputo or they bring in chemotti

is there an issue at duke? i find that talk to be overblown. prior to 2022, they made three straight final fours. outside of maryland and virginia they have been the most consistently good program in the country over the past 5 years, and if you stretch it to the last decade one could easily argue they leapfrog UVA as the second best team with 6 final fours, 2 titles, and 1 runner-up since 2012.

that being said, dano jr. has always underwhelmed me as an offensive coordinator. i would agree if the argument was they've left points on the field over the years but that's different from there being some big issue. when dad hangs it up (probably in the next 2 to 5 years) i hope he passes the baton to caputo or they bring in chemotti
The best thing that could happen as an Orange fan would be for JR to take over the program.

The best thing that could happen as an Orange fan would be for JR to take over the program.
Supposedly there are a bunch of players who don't get along with Jr. The rumor mill on our board says, if Jr. takes over, some players will transfer and a lot of commits will reopen their recruiting and it's not wishful thinking.

Supposedly there are a bunch of players who don't get along with Jr. The rumor mill on our board says, if Jr. takes over, some players will transfer and a lot of commits will reopen their recruiting and it's not wishful thinking.
It sort of seems like that is already happening with McCabe and the 2024 flipping from Duke to UVa.

There seem to be a fair number of posters on thesabre, whose tenor is that this year's title is already in the bag for UVa. Does the addition of Millon make this a 5 year run for the Wahoos?

It sort of seems like that is already happening with McCabe and the 2024 flipping from Duke to UVa.

There seem to be a fair number of posters on thesabre, whose tenor is that this year's title is already in the bag for UVa. Does the addition of Millon make this a 5 year run for the Wahoos?
One can never tell what's going to happen once the tournament starts. We know that from numerous instances in numerous NCAAs in numerous sports. I would agree that the signing/commitment/whatever they've made at this point of these latest recruits puts us in an excellent position to do well.

That’s assuming Dino retires in the next couple years. Are they any indications that he’s planning to?

That’s assuming Dino retires in the next couple years. Are they any indications that he’s planning to?
No one other than Dino knows when he will choose to retire and Dino even may not know himself at this point. It's all speculation based on the idea "it's gotta be sometime soon because he's not getting any younger."

Oh my goodness I love it that is so exciting! I feel like we have the Duke basketball Aura I would say in terms of you know how they bring in players what were the Syracuse lacrosse stick and you know based on the season we had last year which was the worst we ever had, unfortunately I don't remember exactly what it was but maybe like 4 and 7 or something like that but to have us in the top 20 pretty much based on you know players coming back but a lot of it is that amazing recruiting class that we have coming in and it's very exciting so I'm actually going to go to some lacrosse games this year I want to see some tricks LOL going to be like the 80s all over again with the gates you know scoring behind the net all kind of weird stuff but you know what a little bit more Pizzazz because it's 2023 or It will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom