Men's Soccer - 2023 Schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2023 Schedule

Agree it is unlikely any of them start. Maybe they decided to see what soccer is like at the highest level in college? Maybe they have inspirations to coach and want to learn from the SU coaching staff?

Of all the transfers, I was most impressed with Leveque, the midfielder who transferred in from UConn. He appears to be an exceptional passer and it looked like SU tried to run the offense mostly through him when he was in.

Sjoberg actually wore shorts but he and a few others wore grey t-shirts, which I think identified them as not able to play. He had no wraps or braces on his legs and did not appear to be limping. Hoping he will be okay soon.

The SU keepers had little to do so it is hard to make any comments on them. But based only on appearance, I would give Wickham the nod. Guessing those two will split playing time for a while.

There were maybe 12 or 13 young ladies, all fit and college age who sat in front of me at midfield. Turns out they were all members of the women’s team. Many appeared to know players on the men’s team and the teams appear to be very supportive of each other. I am going to have to go to some women’s games now after spending time with them. Their coach also stopped by and sat with them briefly. Very nice ladies.

They were the first fans to enter the stadium. I was next.

Stands were half full for an exhibition against a lower team with bad weather forecast.

Gott start thinking about increasing the seating capacity. And of course, a new better scoreboard.
okay Einstein...think about this."increasing the capacity" idea for one minute. It's SU we are talking about...more people in the stands makes this a money making stream...more money to get in, more money for grub, and yes...even the dreadful parking fee that would be added on. Then you're on here complaining " I went to soccer games for X amount of years and never had to pay for (fill in the blank) careful what you wish for. Besides, once a few losses occur and the weather turns, your bandwagon fan will meekly return home, leaving plenty of room for you and yours...

okay Einstein...think about this."increasing the capacity" idea for one minute. It's SU we are talking about...more people in the stands makes this a money making stream...more money to get in, more money for grub, and yes...even the dreadful parking fee that would be added on. Then you're on here complaining " I went to soccer games for X amount of years and never had to pay for (fill in the blank) careful what you wish for. Besides, once a few losses occur and the weather turns, your bandwagon fan will meekly return home, leaving plenty of room for you and yours...
tumblr_inline_o1y9dn5IEj1t76ln6_500.gif

It's a program that just won a national title. What planet are you arguing from sport?

You will not be here long if you don't change your tone immediately. We don't tolerate that nonsense here.

You are new here so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

This board is for adults. It is moderated. People are held to a certain standard. If you want to be part of the community, you need to start treating people with respect.

Consider this a warning.

yeah, and I don't see any updates. Looking at you Cat!
Syracuse tied 3-3. Right time. Wrong venue.

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
1. that doesn't tell me much. 2 that doesn't take you off the hook. 3. my office at 6 a.m. Sunday morning
Your office better be close to Radisson, cause that’s where I’m gonna be at 7 AM.

Looking at the schedule, we play UNC, Duke and Wake all on the road. What a coincidence.
The league must be disappointed that we played B.C. at home last year or they could have
had the N.C. State game in North Carolina as well.

Looking at the schedule, we play UNC, Duke and Wake all on the road. What a coincidence.
The league must be disappointed that we played B.C. at home last year or they could have
But SU does get Clemson and Pitt, both pre-season top 10, and each selected to win their ACC division @ home.

But SU does get Clemson and Pitt, both pre-season top 10, and each selected to win their ACC division @ home.
I understand. Just my thought that if the ACC can help the Carolina schools in any way, they do. All 3 in North Carolina?

They played Wake and UNC last season in the regular season, both at home. So playing them away this year seems fair.

They also played NC State on the road last season and will play them at home this year. Cool by me.

They didn't play Duke in the regular season last year. Playing them in Duke, so SU has 3 road trips to NC this year, seems less than ideal.

The worst part is that they play at Wake, then 13 days later play at Duke, then a week later at UNC.

That is bad scheduling, at least in terms of wear and tear on players and travel expenses. I would guess they are trying to avoid having SU play 2 tough teams on the road with only a couple of days in between.

Not sure what is worse, 3 road trips to essentially the same place in the span of 20 days. Or playing a game on say a Thursday night and another on a Monday night in one road trip. I would think the latter is better, especially if the ACC made the home team in the second game have the same recovery period from a league game.

They played Wake and UNC last season in the regular season, both at home. So playing them away this year seems fair.

They also played NC State on the road last season and will play them at home this year. Cool by me.

They didn't play Duke in the regular season last year. Playing them in Duke, so SU has 3 road trips to NC this year, seems less than ideal.

The worst part is that they play at Wake, then 13 days later play at Duke, then a week later at UNC.

That is bad scheduling, at least in terms of wear and tear on players and travel expenses. I would guess they are trying to avoid having SU play 2 tough teams on the road with only a couple of days in between.

Not sure what is worse, 3 road trips to essentially the same place in the span of 20 days. Or playing a game on say a Thursday night and another on a Monday night in one road trip. I would think the latter is better, especially if the ACC made the home team in the second game have the same recovery period from a league game.

Fair enough. I would think playing a Thursday, Saturday or a Friday, Sunday would be better. Maybe they asked Syracuse and they preferred it this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom