2023 Yankees Season | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Bader gets put on waivers and shockingly goes 0-4 with an error. Maybe give him some time to process?

Bader gets put on waivers and shockingly goes 0-4 with an error. Maybe give him some time to process?

Angels put Grichuk on waivers today, and he had 3 hits, including a HR and a double today.

Most people questioned it.
Why? I would do that trade ten times out of ten if I'm the Cardinals. You make trades at the deadline to help your team win in that post season if your not doing a complete rebuild. Bader's defense and offense in 2022 gave the Yankees hope. Montgomery pitched 2.2 innings against the Phillies and he would of never sniffed the Yankees post season roster last year. Throw in the salary difference and it's a trade win for the Cardinals. Also, Bader watching that he was placed on irrevocable waivers in the NYY kitchen while watching ESPN just screams clown show.

Why? I would do that trade ten times out of ten if I'm the Cardinals. You make trades at the deadline to help your team win in that post season if your not doing a complete rebuild. Bader's defense and offense in 2022 gave the Yankees hope. Montgomery pitched 2.2 innings against the Phillies and he would of never sniffed the Yankees post season roster last year. Throw in the salary difference and it's a trade win for the Cardinals. Also, Bader watching that he was placed on irrevocable waivers in the NYY kitchen while watching ESPN just screams clown show.
Montgomery was a big left-handed starter who had already been through TJS and was perfectly capable as a mid-rotation starter and having a solid-to-very-good season at the time of the trade while Bader was a light hitting injury-prone center-fielder in a walking boot.

I bet Dominguez doesn't see the September series in Syracuse because he'll be in the Bronx.

Cabrera takes on the utility role currently held by IKF, Bellinger in left (makes perfect Cashman sense), Pereira in CF, Peraza at third. Torres plays out his contract. LeMahieu rotates around the infield. Dominguez gets a mid season call up.
I wanted Bellinger at the deadline. He's perfect for Yankee Stadium. That said if he does sign I think he's the CF'er. He's played 40 games in left his entire career.

Montgomery was a big left-handed starter who had already been through TJS and was perfectly capable as a mid-rotation starter and having a solid-to-very-good season at the time of the trade while Bader was a light hitting injury-prone center-fielder in a walking boot.
Montgomery was not going to pitch in the post season with the NYY. Bader replaced Aaron Hicks in Center and had 5 post season HR's last year. The NYY and the cards both got what they wanted. Monty can eat innings but the Cards felt like he was an issue in the clubhouse.

Montgomery was not going to pitch in the post season with the NYY. Bader replaced Aaron Hicks in Center and had 5 post season HR's last year. The NYY and the cards both got what they wanted. Monty can eat innings but the Cards felt like he was an issue in the clubhouse.

“Eating innings” is one way to look at it. He also hasn’t missed a start in 4 years while pitching to a (roughly) 3.5 ERA.
In an era where you can never have too many pitchers, especially southpaws, it’s surprising they let him go when he would have been relatively affordable this year.

Picked up Aug 1.
Placed on AAA DL Aug 12.

Yanks now have 2 spots available on the 40 man.

“Eating innings” is one way to look at it. He also hasn’t missed a start in 4 years while pitching to a (roughly) 3.5 ERA.
In an era where you can never have too many pitchers, especially southpaws, it’s surprising they let him go when he would have been relatively affordable this year.
The gave him $10mm in his final year of arbitration and then trade him at the deadline to recoup $3.4mm as the Cards are in last place. He has missed a good junk of time with the Yankees with TJS and besides he was a totally different pitcher with Cardinals with Yadi behind the plate and several gold gofers behind him. Spotrac places his value at 5 years / $88mm in FA. At that price, I bet the Yanks and Cards pass.

Monty can eat innings but the Cards felt like he was an issue in the clubhouse.
LOL. Where are you getting that from?

Obviously, you're very invested in small sample sizes from post-season performance or your own expectations. The Yankees could have definitely used Montgomery this season and Bader's 5 post-season HRs amounted to jack and squat this season. I thought it was a dumb trade at the time and wouldn't make that trade ever. The only trade of Cashman's from the last 5 years I'd make again is maybe Rizzo and that's seriously qualified as Kevin Alcantara is turning out to be a very impressive prospect.

LOL. Where are you getting that from?

Obviously, you're very invested in small sample sizes from post-season performance or your own expectations. The Yankees could have definitely used Montgomery this season and Bader's 5 post-season HRs amounted to jack and squat this season. I thought it was a dumb trade at the time and wouldn't make that trade ever. The only trade of Cashman's from the last 5 years I'd make again is maybe Rizzo and that's seriously qualified as Kevin Alcantara is turning out to be a very impressive prospect.
That trade was made specifically for the 2022 playoffs. It worked for both sides. Monty was not going to pitch last year in the post season for the Yankees. You desperately needed a CF and Bader played a strong centerfield and he was one of the few bright spots in the lineup last Sept/Oct - sorry if it's a small sample size at least you won a round as the Cardinals did not even score in the playoffs. Matt Carpenter's small sample size with NYY says hello.

Monty's pitch make up also changed completely when he joined the Cardinals with Yadi and the Gold Gloves and a MVP behind him. His four seam fastball usage went from 9% to 30%. To assume he would be the same pitcher with the Yankees is asinine. Cashman traded Monty and then went out and got Montas and Rondon this year. Injuries happen. Your hindsight is keenly accurate with predicting injuries. If people are so thrilled with Monty, re-sign him for 5 years / $85mm. I think Cashman and Hal tried to add value but ended up picking a lemon and possibly really expensive lemon that got by the Yankees medical staff.

Wrt to the clubhouse issues... Monty threw Willson Contreras under the bus when he leaked to Michael Kay that WC was calling for pitches he did not throw. Which was not true. Monty also refused to pitch to WC causing the Cards to carry three catchers for the majority of the year as the Cardinals pitching staff was getting shelled in April & May and they selected to blame the FA they signed who has never called pitches in the MLB (one of several bad looks for the Cards this season). Monty can't even call his own pitches. The trade worked for both teams last year, what happened this year is not important as both clubs are having historical bad seasons. Going forward Monty will be nothing more than an expensive 4.5 starter that can eat innings until his next TJS.

No need to beat this horse anymore in a Yankees thread, just send me a red heel if you disagree.

That trade was made specifically for the 2022 playoffs. It worked for both sides. Monty was not going to pitch last year in the post season for the Yankees. You desperately needed a CF and Bader played a strong centerfield and he was one of the few bright spots in the lineup last Sept/Oct - sorry if it's a small sample size at least you won a round as the Cardinals did not even score in the playoffs. Matt Carpenter's small sample size with NYY says hello.

Monty's pitch make up also changed completely when he joined the Cardinals with Yadi and the Gold Gloves and a MVP behind him. His four seam fastball usage went from 9% to 30%. To assume he would be the same pitcher with the Yankees is asinine. Cashman traded Monty and then went out and got Montas and Rondon this year. Injuries happen. Your hindsight is keenly accurate with predicting injuries. If people are so thrilled with Monty, re-sign him for 5 years / $85mm. I think Cashman and Hal tried to add value but ended up picking a lemon and possibly really expensive lemon that got by the Yankees medical staff.

Wrt to the clubhouse issues... Monty threw Willson Contreras under the bus when he leaked to Michael Kay that WC was calling for pitches he did not throw. Which was not true. Monty also refused to pitch to WC causing the Cards to carry three catchers for the majority of the year as the Cardinals pitching staff was getting shelled in April & May and they selected to blame the FA they signed who has never called pitches in the MLB (one of several bad looks for the Cards this season). Monty can't even call his own pitches. The trade worked for both teams last year, what happened this year is not important as both clubs are having historical bad seasons. Going forward Monty will be nothing more than an expensive 4.5 starter that can eat innings until his next TJS.

No need to beat this horse anymore in a Yankees thread, just send me a red heel if you disagree.
Ah. Cardinals fan. Got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom