2023 Yankees Season | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Cashman needs to go. Lady place with a huge payroll.

That was fictional. The guy had 88 pitches

One the worst over managing moments in boones career
I know I’m stating the obvious here but he had a plan ahead of time in his head and could not talk himself out of it. 88 pitches. Makes no sense.

Right or wrong, I believe most managers would go to their closers after the hit. Whether Holmes should be treated as a closer is another issue.

You have to with the understanding he has a quick hook if things go south.
I hate Boone so much. I don't consider a weak contact single going south. If you're that eager to get German out of the game then just let Holmes start a clean 9th.

I know I’m stating the obvious here but he had a plan ahead of time in his head and could not talk himself out of it. 88 pitches. Makes no sense.
He's just following the script provided by Cashman's nerds. Absolutely zero game feel.

I hate Boone so much. I don't consider a weak contact single going south. If you're that eager to get German out of the game then just let Holmes start a clean 9th.

Ya I was thinking like an opening double and then a walk or something. German should have gotten at least 1 more batter there.

Right or wrong, I believe most managers would go to their closers after the hit. Whether Holmes should be treated as a closer is another issue.

Pretty much all managers would. It's unfortunate for the starters. Getting a complete game shutout these days is as rare as a no hitter. In fact, I think they're one in the same.

I don't know what King's mental makeup is to be a closer, but I'd like to find out. Just give him the ball in the 7th or 8th (on days that aren't like what German just had) and say pretend you're the setup guy, we're just not taking you out.

Yankees fans are the best, so coddled . One month in and they throw in the towel. 165 games.

No. Odd question. Just laughing at the doom and gloom on May 2.
If we can just hold on long enough everybody will come back healthy. Hicks will regain his mojo. Bull pen will be lights out. Yanks will lead the league in runs scored. Boone’s in game decisions will pay off. Yanks will win the World Series. Just a matter of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom