2024-25 NBA Season | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 NBA Season

My pre-season predictions.

All NBA 1st Team: Luka, SGA, Giannis, Wemby, Jokic
DPOY: Wemby
MVP: Luka
ROY: Castle (Reed wouldn't surprise me here)
COY: Pop (SAS surprise, Wemby is all world, Castle lands, CP3 has one more great run)
Comeback POY: CP3

WCF: OKC vs Dallas
ECF: Celtics vs NYK

Finals: OKC vs NYK

NYK win and Brunson gets the Messer in '94 treatment.

Yes, I'm a homer for the Knicks. Don't care.

My pre-season predictions.

All NBA 1st Team: Luka, SGA, Giannis, Wemby, Jokic
DPOY: Wemby
MVP: Luka
ROY: Castle (Reed wouldn't surprise me here)
COY: Pop (SAS surprise, Wemby is all world, Castle lands, CP3 has one more great run)
Comeback POY: CP3

WCF: OKC vs Dallas
ECF: Celtics vs NYK

Finals: OKC vs NYK

NYK win and Brunson gets the Messer in '94 treatment.

Yes, I'm a homer for the Knicks. Don't care.

What's wild is this would be a first team all league with 0 US born players. And it's totally plausible since 4 of the 5 made it last year and the Wemby is ready to go nuclear at any moment.

I think I did this right, the 1986 season was the first time a foreign born player was first team all league; but that was Dominique Wilkins who was born in Paris but his dad was in the US army, so, you know. Hakeem made it the next season. We didn't have fewer than 4 US born first team all league guys until 2005, when we went down to just 2. However one of the 3 foreign born was Tim Duncan, which like Nique, is not really what I was looking for. But Dirk and Steve Nash definitely were. If you throw Duncan out, from 2009-2018 the only foreign born player to make first team was Marc Gasol in 2015.

In 2018 and 19 we hit the more modern era, Giannis and Jokic made first team. If you count Tim Duncan as american (and I do), 2021 was the first time first team all NBA had more foreign players than american (Giannis, Jokic, and Luka). That has been the case for each of the last 5 years. I wonder the next time we'll have 3 or more american born players on first team.

So Anthony Edwards says some crazy ignorant stuff about NOBODY but Jordan having any skill back in the day. And so we have the predictable response from the likes of KG that nobody now could have played in the league 20 years ago.

Old and young united in ignorance. You hate to see it.

Not sure I’ll be around till the end of the 2024-25 playoffs (who does, but Samuel L Jackson & I hit the big 7-6 on Dec. 21, & I’ve had some health problems, but mark this down: the Lakers will bring the world championship to LA. Not the Clippers.

Nuff said.

Not sure I’ll be around till the end of the 2024-25 playoffs (who does, but Samuel L Jackson & I hit the big 7-6 on Dec. 21, & I’ve had some health problems, but mark this down: the Lakers will bring the world championship to LA. Not the Clippers.

Nuff said.
Sincerely hope you’re here to see banner 19 lifted in TD Garden after next year is complete.

With KOC leaving The Ringer for Yahoo and the rumors that new Ringer hires were coming... wondering if Zach Lowe ends up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom