2024-25 Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Portal

NCAAF is going to need an official salary cap sooner rather than later. I’m sure the same schools will return to their old ways to get guys additional money, but this is going to represent MLB Yankees vs Royals as far as lack of the same schools to compete. I would think $10M “Official” cap is sufficient. tOSU having a $20M roster is just ridiculous. It’s already been like this for at least the last 10 years, but how long can we deal with tOSU, Bama, Georgia, Oregon, Michigan, and now Texas consistently in the playoffs?

Last edited:
NCAAF is going to need an official salary cap sooner rather than later. I’m sure the same schools will result to their old ways to get guys additional money, but this is going to represent MLB Yankees vs Royals as far as lack of the same schools to compete. i would think $10M “Official” cap is sufficient. tOSU having a $20M roster is just ridiculous. It’s already been like this for at least the last 10 years, but how long can we deal with tOSU, Bama, Georgia, Oregon, Michigan, and now Texas consistently playing in the playoffs?
Keep in mind that even in professional sports with a salary cap there is no cap on a player's earnings from endorsements, public appearances or merchandise sales. The NFL salary cap considers how much the Kansas City Chiefs pay Patrick Mahomes to play football but has no authority to limit how much State Farm pays him for commercials. Any attempt to do so would immediately be struck down by the courts as restraint of trade.

Keep in mind that even in professional sports with a salary cap there is no cap on a player's earnings from endorsements, public appearances or merchandise sales. The NFL salary cap considers how much the Kansas City Chiefs pay Patrick Mahomes to play football but has no authority to limit how much State Farm pays him for commercials. Any attempt to do so would immediately be struck down by the courts as restraint of trade.
This is a great point.

I imagine it would be possible to have a league with a $20 million cap that all members have to agree to & other leagues with lesser amounts. A dismaying thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom