2024-25 Schedule | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Schedule

Some of those late West Coast games will be brutal …. 10PM at Cal on a Satuday …

Overall I think it's a very good schedule. We knew that we weren't playing any games in North Carolina so that's a win. Getting Duke, UNC and Virginia all at home is a big win. No 9 pm home games is a big win. That 2pm New Years Eve game vs Wake will make a great Tuesday. No more Saturday/Monday quick turnaround games, so that's a win.

The negatives are Duke on a Wednesday instead of a Saturday and after coming back from five days in California. And the only other negative I see is Cuse at VT on a Saturday and then a turnaround to play at SMU on a Wednesdy. It appears that's the only two game road trip besides the California trip and @Tenn and then @ND four days later.

Hopefully that March 8th home game vs Virginia will be for something important and a huge crowd.

Maliq may be coming back to the dome but he might not be announced to the crowd as part of their starting lineup :p

IMG_5228.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of those late West Coast games will be brutal …. 10PM at Cal on a Satuday …
UVA and NC St get Cal at 11pm on a Wednesday. Miami and Wakfe get Stanford. Woof. Hope our game at Stanford isn’t an 11pm game as it’s listed as ESPN2 or U game.

Also Stanford and Cal’s first game as members of the ACC is against each other. Hilarious.

Wednesday vs. Saturday, I believe.
Correct. The Duke game historically draws the biggest crowd of the year. Having it on a Wednesday night instead of a Saturday will drop the size of the crowd by 5K or so. Maybe more if we are having a strong season.

I am pretty sure the ACC gets a list of requests for every school for the basketball schedule. Pretty sure SU's first or second request was to have the Duke game at Syracuse scheduled for a Saturday.

They did not grant that request but it looks like they did give them way more Saturday home games than they have (including one with UNC, which will surely be our biggest crowd of the season).

Getting 3 more home conference games on Saturdays than last year should give our home attendance a big boost and might make the difference between us finishing first or second in the country in attendance.

Saturday home games are really important for SU's bottom line and for the many SU fans who go to games but don't live in Onondaga County.

It is great to not have any 9 pm home games scheduled (though I see Colgate and Cornell still don't have tipoff times set).

On the whole, I agree with others that this is a good schedule for Syracuse. Far better than the ones we have gotten the last couple of years. I am sure getting the first schedule out with the 3 new schools was a bear. Good job ACC.

Last edited:
Will the school do a multi-game mini pack? Haven't seen anything yet. Presumably they were waiting for dates.

If the ACC starts using eye balls to determine revenue for schools, they better give all schools equal access to prime time tv slots and stations. There’s no chance this will ever happen. It should never happen.

Correct. The Duke game historically draws the biggest crowd of the year. Having it on a Wednesday night instead of a Saturday will drop the size of the crowd by 5K or so. Maybe more if we are having a strong season.

I am pretty sure the ACC gets a list of requests for every school for the basketball schedule. Pretty sure SU's first or second request was to have the Duke game at Syracuse scheduled for a Saturday.

They did not grant that request but it looks like they did give them way more Saturday home games than they have (including one with UNC, which will surely be our biggest crowd of the season).

Getting 3 more home conference games on Saturdays than last year should give our home attendance a big boost and might make the difference between us finishing first or second in the country in attendance.

Saturday home games are really important for SU's bottom line and for the many SU fans who go to games but don't live in Onondaga County.

It is great to not have any 9 pm home games scheduled (though I see Colgate and Cornell still don't have tipoff times set).

On the whole, I agree with others that this is a good schedule for Syracuse. Far better than the ones we have gotten the last couple of years. I am sure getting the first schedule out with the 3 new schools was a bear. Good job ACC.
Agreed. The schedule is excellent

I did a little analysis of how ACC games were assigned to networks by school. I didn't do all the teams in the conference but I did a bunch.

We are not being treated with a lot of respect these days.

I think Pitt and Miami are expected to be contenders for the ACC and got better TV slots as a result. If we want to get more slots with ESPN, we need to start showing up into preseason top 25s.

Note that this is conference games only. Wanted to exclude OOC games to take strength of schedule out of the equation.

TeamESPNESPN/...ESPN2ESPNUACCNCBSThe CW
Syracuse1070804
VT01131203
Duke12110501
UNC10200512
UL03311003
BC00411204
Pitt4413602
Miami3260702
Stanford*1243901
NC State1252704

*=The ESPNU total for Stanford includes a game scheduled for ESPN News.

I did a little analysis of how ACC games were assigned to networks by school. I didn't do all the teams in the conference but I did a bunch.

I think Pitt and Miami are expected to be contenders for the ACC and got better TV slots as a result. If we want to get more slots with ESPN, we need to start showing up into preseason top 25s.

Note that this is conference games only. Wanted to exclude OOC games to take strength of schedule out of the equation.

Syracuse1070804
VT01131203
Duke12110501
UNC10200512
UL03311003
BC00411204
Pitt4413602
Miami3260702
Stanford*1243901
NC State1252704

Exactly. We need to be better if we want the better tv slots. Right now we're a program that hasn't seen an NCAA game in three seasons and top 25 ranking in very long time. Fix that and the tv problem will take care of itself.

Syracuse1070804
VT01131203
Duke12110501
UNC10200512
UL03311003
BC00411204
Pitt4413602
Miami3260702
Stanford*1243901
NC State1252704

What does that second column mean? Is it for games that will be on an ESPN network but the exact one hasn't been announced?

Exactly. We need to be better if we want the better tv slots. Right now we're a program that hasn't seen an NCAA game in three seasons and top 25 ranking in very long time. Fix that and the tv problem will take care of itself.
Yup. Right now we are the "Not Ready For Prime Time Players". And "if we build it, they (the Prime networks) will come".

What does that second column mean? Is it for games that will be on an ESPN network but the exact one hasn't been announced?
Good question. Sometimes games have TV listed as ESPN/2/U….

Sometimes just ESPN/2.

This is for those type games. They are gonna be on one of the ESPN channels but ESPN has not committed to a specific one yet.

Syracuse1070804
VT01131203
Duke12110501
UNC10200512
UL03311003
BC00411204
Pitt4413602
Miami3260702
Stanford*1243901
NC State1252704

Not being ranked for the better part of a decade tends to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom