2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

I know we’re supposed to dislike ND but I’m a big fan of Faison.

Dud of a game thanks twerps.

I love their coach & players. Corrigan has some good stuff on YT, which helped me when I coached youth. Love how they play. Just wish the opponent matched up better.

The Parlette kid whose name has been called a few times was part of the local youth scene, before he moved away to play at a fancy school, then ND. I used to watch him, 5th - 10th grade.

Trying to figure out who I am supposed to dislike more. I guess for me it is still Maryland. However, if it wasn’t for Tillman and their terrible stall offense we might not have got the shot clock. Corrigan was always the coach that never got the title now he seems to have opened the floodgates. Brutal game.

sad showing by the twerps. my coach used to say "if you can't beat 'em at least beat on them ".
second half would have seen some majors.

Maryland did a hell of a job getting to the title game but they match up horrifically with ND. Maryland doesn't have near the O firepower to keep up and Wierman isn't winning 70%+ against ND.
Wierman is listed as winning 17 of 24.

He did, a great performance especially against Lynch. Unfortunately I don't think him winning 100% would have changed the outcome.
Yup. Perhaps if Tillman had had a week to prepare the Terps maybe the Terps would have challenged ND, but the quick turnaround and trying to handle all ND's weapons was obviously too much. Still a good run for the Terps with 3 good wins.

Yup. Perhaps if Tillman had had a week to prepare the Terps maybe the Terps would have challenged ND, but the quick turnaround and trying to handle all ND's weapons was obviously too much. Still a good run for the Terps with 3 good wins.
ND was better at getting their shooters open, and those shooters were more powerful and more accurate.

The turnovers didn't help.

If there was only an air conditioned indoor stadium in the Northeast that wouldn't be affected by lightning delays.
Do you remember the fall-off in attendance between the semis and UNC vs. Towson final? You can bet your bottom dollar the NCAA does.

I couldn't see the game. Was McNaney struggling (horrible 1st half stats) or was it the lousy MD defense?
Guy used to be a shut door. Lost ONE game in his first two seasons. And then...he destroyed his knee. Doesn't seem like the same player to me. I badly broke my leg after my freshman year and I was never as quick again. You can rehab all you want, but some injuries just change your body/abilities forever.

Guy used to be a shut door. Lost ONE game in his first two seasons. And then...he destroyed his knee. Doesn't seem like the same player to me. I badly broke my leg after my freshman year and I was never as quick again. You can rehab all you want, but some injuries just change your body/abilities forever.
I agree as in high school i tore my acl and mcl twice all in same knee. The moves or twist or turns or planting even spins i was able to do before was mind boggling. After last injury n lots of rehab tho my leg was strong i was never able to find that true form again. I had to change my style of play little where was mostly using my speed and craftiness but they both dropped after last injury. Even now still can’t get to where was tho think people forget this part is the mental aspect of it. As go full speed n try to plant or spin at top speed like use to mentally i slow down a lot before perform that plant. I even tell myself before hand don’t slow down just go but mentally still get get thru it. So it does change ur body and abilities also struggle mentally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom