2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

Not surprised to see Denver D giving ND some trouble. They smothered Michigan and Cuse. If Denver had an elite offense, they would be a legit threat to be champion. HEY - Denver has a shot for a huge upset without an elite O. Denver goalie very solid.

Not surprised to see Denver D giving ND some trouble. They smothered Michigan and Cuse. If Denver had an elite offense, they would be a legit threat to be champion. HEY - Denver has a shot for a huge upset without an elite O. Denver goalie very solid.
Very impressive considering NDs face off dominance

Lead ref on the video review looks like the guy who blew the offsides call at Cornell (not 77).

He let Corrigan light him up in the first half.

Last edited:
What is on the side of Virginia's helmets? A bumblebee? The eye of a hurricane? An insect? I've seen it before and can never tell what the heck it is.

Last edited:
Twerps have a legit shot at making a good game of it on Monday.

Wierman is on a heater and their goalie is capable.

I kept waiting for UVa to make their run at some point in that game, but it never happened.

Even though UVa loses three outstanding players: Shellenberger, Cormier and Kastner, they return almost everything else and bring in a top freshmen class, so I don't really expect any drop off next year.

I kept waiting for UVa to make their run at some point in that game, but it never happened.

Even though UVa loses three outstanding players: Shellenberger, Cormier and Kastner, they return almost everything else and bring in a top freshmen class, so I don't really expect any drop off next year.

I’m sure UVA will be good again next year - but they were not a deep team this year and lose their best two offensive players. Millon will now be guarded by teams top long pole instead of the third. Plus they lose Yager at D Mid and have questions about their goalie situation. I think their freshman class will really have to hit the ground running.

I’m sure UVA will be good again next year - but they were not a deep team this year and lose their best two offensive players. Millon will now be guarded by teams top long pole instead of the third. Plus they lose Yager at D Mid and have questions about their goalie situation. I think their freshman class will really have to hit the ground running.
But they can do things like move Schutz down to attack, where he starts getting some of Cormier's opportunities and goes from a 35 pt scoring midfield to a 60+ point scoring attackman. They do bring in 3 5-star freshmen attackmen. They have 8 months to solve the goalie problem.

But they can do things like move Schutz down to attack, where he starts getting some of Cormier's opportunities and goes from a 35 pt scoring midfield to a 60+ point scoring attackman. They do bring in 3 5-star freshmen attackmen. They have 8 months to solve the goalie problem.

I think if they moved Schutz to attack, they’d leave themselves with the worst midfield in the acc. I think they’d be better off trying two of their highly ranked five star freshmen and letting them grow. Dunkel seems like the wildcard given his injury history.

I know wgdr likes to say that the Cavs lost more last year than they do this, but I think losing Shellenberger and Cormier will have bigger impacts than just goals and assists. I still think they’ll be very good next year, just not a top four team I don’t think (like they have been for the last five years).

The Hoos will be good, but they have an offensive midfield problem--no depth. Moving Schutz to attack leaves only 2 returning Middies with any significant minutes: Colsey 23 pts and Terenzi 13 pts. That means Colsey gets poled. This season their second midfield was non-existent, especially in big games. I think they have more to do than just reload.

Last edited:
What is on the side of Virginia's helmets? A bumblebee? The eye of a hurricane? An insect? I've seen it before and can never tell what the heck it is.
That's one of our extremely controversial secondary logos dreamt up by Nike. Our board calls it the dung beetle.

download.jpg

Glad to see that Nike ****s with other schools besides Syracuse.
To say they treat us like dirt is to give them the benefit of the doubt. They had our lacrosse team wear the the t-shirt and sleeveless jersey uniforms they originally designed for you. Our blue basketball uniforms look like something a middle school team bought out of a catalog. The best football uniforms we had were designed by Reebok, which unfortunately got out of the college business to do the NHL.

Thomas Jones.jpg
Thomas Jones Blue.jpg

To say they treat us like dirt is to give them the benefit of the doubt. They had our lacrosse team wear the the t-shirt and sleeveless jersey uniforms they originally designed for you. Our blue basketball uniforms look like something a middle school team bought out of a catalog. The best football uniforms we had were designed by Reebok, which unfortunately got out of the college business to do the NHL.

View attachment 241448View attachment 241449

I may be in the minority here, but I liked the sleeveless jerseys. As long as we wore a different colored t-shirt underneath. Otherwise, what was the point?

16Mlax_Rutger_011.0.jpg

View attachment 241448View attachment 241449

You guys wore them when you faced ND in the ACC tournament a few weeks back here in Charlotte. I said to my wife at the game, I hated them, as I did when SU sported similar. Perhaps, it contributed to UVA's poor showing that day. :(

At least in SU's case, the numerals had piping around them, etc. whereas the Cavs' unis didn't. A bad look for sure IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom