2024 MLB Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 MLB Season

How hilarious would it be if Ohtani comes out tomorrow and Ippei is doing the interpreting...and he is talking about how he himself stole all this money as if he isn't him

MLB is really tiptoeing around this issue just like they did with steroids until they couldn't anymore. Eventually the Feds will put heat on MLB and if the rumors are true, Ohtani will pay the pr.

I just got SI's paper Baseball preview edition. I could not find an image of the cover on-line at this point but it has Ohtani in a Dodgers uniform with the caption "Money can wait...Winning can't..."

Yeah, the pitch clock was a game-changer. I am also a big fan of the three batter minimum.
Love the pitch clock! It's really kind of amazing - we've had the basketball shot clock and football play clock for how long and it took baseball this long to decide we didn't need to watch pitchers and batters play with themselves for a full minute between pitches?

I wasn't sure about the 3 batter minimum to begin with because of the impact on strategy I felt it would bring. But I enjoy it now. This is the major leagues, you're going to have to get both left and right-handed hitters out sometimes.

I wasn't sure about the 3 batter minimum to begin with because of the impact on strategy I felt it would bring. But I enjoy it now. This is the major leagues, you're going to have to get both left and right-handed hitters out sometimes.
Yeah, if anything, it has added strategy. Matching a lefty against a lefty is easy. Deciding if it is prudent to have that lefty also face two righties is a much tougher decision.

Yeah, the pitch clock was a game-changer. I am also a big fan of the three batter minimum.

Managers use way too many relief pitchers but the three bater minimum means that if a guy comes in and just doesn't have it, you have to watch him get clobbered by three guys before you can yank him. I don't like that.

Managers use way too many relief pitchers but the three bater minimum means that if a guy comes in and just doesn't have it, you have to watch him get clobbered by three guys before you can yank him. I don't like that.
Especially if said reliever is on my fantasy team...

You’re deciding someone “just doesn’t have it” very quickly.

Hope springs eternal!
Heading out to opening day in a couple hours. 4 with the Red Sox to start the year. Sun is coming out so the roof should be open :)

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.08.40 PM.jpg

My Red Sox aren't even trying to win so I actually handicapped baseball this season. Really excited to sweat A's games. LMAO.

I bet they call you Captain Hook.

As I said, I think managers use too many relievers. But I've seen games where they bring a guy in and it was obvious after one at bat that a guy was a liability. But the rule says the manager can't do anything about it until he faces two more guys. They wouldn't have thought to make the rule if managers were waiting for three batters to change them before that.

As I said, I think managers use too many relievers. But I've seen games where they bring a guy in and it was obvious after one at bat that a guy was a liability. But the rule says the manager can't do anything about it until he faces two more guys. They wouldn't have thought to make the rule if managers were waiting for three batters to change them before that.
You don't think the rule had anything to do with managers trying to get favorable lefty/righty matchups after every at bat?

You don't think the rule had anything to do with managers trying to get favorable lefty/righty matchups after every at bat?

That, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom