2024 Olympics: Paris | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Olympics: Paris

Long story short, Jorden Chiles inquiry was filed by USA Gynmastics 4 seconds too late, and her score will be reduced to 13.666 on the floor exercise, bumping her out of 3rd place.

If she needs a place to hide the bronze medal, it'll look great next to our 1990 LAX Trophy.

Didn't have Woman's Golf on my bingo card for the most blatant F-Bomb during the Olympics.
Morgan Pressel dropping the bomb.

I was watching it live and obviously it was loud and clear and still didn't believe what I heard. But it's cable so who cares. Plus who hasn't dropped a few F bombs during a round.

This thread isn't legit unless there is an imminent posting for Canadian PHIL WIZARD winning the gold in the greatest sport of them all B-Boys Breakdancing.

PHIL WIZARD for flag bearer at the closing ceromonies.

I used to enjoy watching the weightlifting back in the 70's and Vasily Alekseyev the "king of Kilos", used to dominate the Superheavyweight competition. He set 100 world records, (because he added increments to the bar to do so). He was not only in the Olympics but also on ABC's Wide World of Sports many times.

Over the years, weightlifting has disappeared from the televised Olympic coverage and Wide World went off the air long ago. :( (ESPN was similar in it's early days but then they got contracts for the major pro sports league and became an adjunct of them.) But now, with Peacock, we can watch things like weightlifting again. Today I watched Lasha Talakhadze of the country of Georgia become the first man to win three consecutive Olympic superheavyweight titles. John Henry Davis of the US won in 1948 and 1952, (and would have been favored in 1940 and 1944). Leonid Zhabotinsky of the Soviet Union won in 1964 and 1968. Alekseyev won in 1972 and 1976. Aleksandr Kurlovich, also of the Soviet Union, won in 1988 and 1992. Hossein Rezazadeh of Iran won in 2000 and 2004. But now Talakhadze has topped them all.

He, like Alekseyev, isn't exactly 'cut' at 6-6 403. Rezazadeh was 6-1 333, Kurlovich a svelte 6-1 275, Alekseyev 6-1 353, Zhabotinsky 6-4 359 and Davis 5-8 1/2 229. Talakhadze has huge shoulders and legs but also a pot belly. His uniform said "Georgia" over his belly and it looked like the whole country might be in there. I googled the question" Why do super heavyweight weightlifters have pot bellies? I got this answer:

imagine the bettors who had USA most gold then losing because the high jumper refused the tie and lost in the jump off.

still US and China have a few more chances tomorrow

imagine the bettors who had USA most gold then losing because the high jumper refused the tie and lost in the jump off.

still US and China have a few more chances tomorrow
Why would you refuse a guaranteed gold? Is this some unwritten rule in the sport that the not chumps accept the gold that way? I realize in 2020 the two agreed to share it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom