2024 Olympics: Paris | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Olympics: Paris

YO my BBOY Victor . i was really hoping for the Gold Grill but the Bronze Bling be Bussin !

31PKBqbZ6KL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Why would you refuse a guaranteed gold? Is this some unwritten rule in the sport that the not chumps accept the gold that way? I realize in 2020 the two agreed to share it .
Who actually refused the share? Was it the US guy or the New Zealand guy? The New Zealand guy would have had the advantage in a jump off because the US guy had his lifetime best jumps to hit his last two heights in one try. If he refused, that’s a head scratcher.

I think there were concerned because they screwed up for the girl in 4th as her coach didnt protest the OB call the judges messed up.

Closing Ceremony

My understanding of it was hampered from the start by having Johnny Weir as one of the commentators. Anybody care to comment on his outfit. Is it “off the rack”?

I just don’t get it. Each venue feels like they have to top other venue’s. I don’t understand it. The whole thing with the rings. Maybe I’ve seen too many of these.

What was the original issue that caused the scoring discrepancy?

Chiles went last on the Floor Exercise, and her score seemed low.

The coaches filed an inquiry to make sure the judges had the correct start value for her routine. The judges had erred, and raised her start value by .1, which also raised her final score by .1

She was bumped from 13.666 to 13.766, and ended up with the Bronze medal.

The Romanians protested that the US inquiry came too late. You have 1 minute from when the score is posted to file an inquiry, and they claimed that the inquiry wasn't received until 1:04.

4 seconds too late.

An "independent" review board sided with the Romanians, and Chiles was stripped of the medal.

USA Gymnastics found video evidence that the inquiry was filed in plenty of time and is appealing.

It wouldn't be the Olympics without some controversy.

The coaches filed an inquiry to make sure the judges had the correct start value for her routine. The judges had erred, and raised her start value by .1, which also raised her final score by .1

The Romanians protested that the US inquiry came too late. You have 1 minute from when the score is posted to file an inquiry, and they claimed that the inquiry wasn't received until 1:04.

4 seconds too late.

An "independent" review board sided with the Romanians, and Chiles was stripped of the medal.

USA Gymnastics found video evidence that the inquiry was filed in plenty of time and is appealing.

I assume "start value" is "degree of difficulty"?

And the Romanian got punished for stepping out of bounds for .1 that never happened and they never appealed at all.

I think they used ACC refs
And that was the 5th place finisher. She would have won bronze had they reviewed that. What a mess.

4 seconds too late.

Or inequity

And that was the 5th place finisher. She would have won bronze had they reviewed that. What a mess.
And the Romanian got punished for stepping out of bounds for .1 that never happened and they never appealed at all.

I think they used ACC refs
and this is why I don’t follow sports where only a judge decides who wins and loses.

Who actually refused the share? Was it the US guy or the New Zealand guy? The New Zealand guy would have had the advantage in a jump off because the US guy had his lifetime best jumps to hit his last two heights in one try. If he refused, that’s a head scratcher.
Pretty sure it was our guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom