2024 PLL Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PLL Season

No Cuse in round 1, which isn't totally surprising. Most common round 1 mock for Syracuse was Stevens to Chaos at #4, but Towers went with Knobloch

Will Mark not picked. Chayse Ierlan picked to join his brother's team. Gotta love it.
Cuse goalies face big time pressure under the bright lights (with lousy defenses) and then get dissed in PLL draft.

No will mark wonder if that last game was factor or not? Either hate to say this i’m sure prob not weighting on his mind (sure he will find team anyway) but hope not being picked he comes out pissed off and on an absolute tare.

Anti-cuse bias in PLL is wild to me. Ierlan over Mark? And I’ve never even heard of some of these defensemen going over Saam.

We are 4th in the country and they are trying to say we have 1 PLL quality senior? I don’t understand this league.

love pll but it’s all bout cuse lax for me mostly. This is my nfl. Syracuse lax is only thing i look forward to and faithfully never miss any game. Mark show them why they made big mistake not drafting ya (tho as said sure he ends up somewhere anyway).

Will Mark not picked. Chayse Ierlan picked to join his brother's team. Gotta love it.
Cuse goalies face big time pressure under the bright lights (with lousy defenses) and then get dissed in PLL draft.
goalies just arent very valuable in this draft. every team already has a guy they like. not very smart to draft a backup goalie when you can take a starting attackman or defenseman. ierlan is going to back up jack kelly for the woods and hang out with his brother on the sideline

This whole notion that Entenmann is so much better than everyone else is completely unproven IMO - he has had the privilege to play on arguably the best team with the best defense for the past few years.

2 Goalies picked. Hope Mark doesn’t take it to heart and plays better than he did Friday.

2 Goalies picked. Hope Mark doesn’t take it to heart and plays better than he did Friday.
Cole Kastner is the last pick in the draft??? Just cause UVA lost the past few games? Gimme a break

Last edited:
Tough for Mark but he's going to be okay. Whipsnakes, Chaos, Cannons, and Outlaws would all be smart to add Mark or another goalie for their camp roster.

Less sure about the path for Olexo and Wright with how the draft went but either could be a camp invite. Chaos, Cannons (if Smith is returning to college), and Outlaws could use depth there in camp.

goalies just arent very valuable in this draft. every team already has a guy they like. not very smart to draft a backup goalie when you can take a starting attackman or defenseman. ierlan is going to back up jack kelly for the woods and hang out with his brother on the sideline

I get that drafting Irelan was probably a favor to his brother, but still seems like Mark would be the better pro, just given their backgrounds. Hopkins has been playing an incredibly slow style this year, Mark has faced a ton of shots over his career. If you had to pick between the two it seems like you should pick the guy who fits the PLLs uptempo system better.

Lots of really good players not picked - Payton Cormier who might be the all time leading goal scorer among them. Not sure how that happened. Surprised there weren’t more fogos chosen - Weirman was the only one. I thought the PLL made it so long sticks could not face off, hence making fogos more valuable, but perhaps I’m missing somethin. The shot clock starting very quickly after a win faceoff is still in play, which is still bizarre).

I get that drafting Irelan was probably a favor to his brother, but still seems like Mark would be the better pro, just given their backgrounds. Hopkins has been playing an incredibly slow style this year, Mark has faced a ton of shots over his career. If you had to pick between the two it seems like you should pick the guy who fits the PLLs uptempo system better.

Lots of really good players not picked - Payton Cormier who might be the all time leading goal scorer among them. Not sure how that happened. Surprised there weren’t more fogos chosen - Weirman was the only one. I thought the PLL made it so long sticks could not face off, hence making fogos more valuable, but perhaps I’m missing somethin. The shot clock starting very quickly after a win faceoff is still in play, which is still bizarre).

I like Ierlan a lot, and I see why they went with him, but I had Mark rated a bit higher in my mocks as well. Time will tell if Ierlan can be more than a top backup in the league, which is all he'll be asked to do for a bit. I think Mark could start within a year or two. If I'm him and can control my landing spot - I'd be aiming for the Whipsnakes.

Outlaws haven't resigned Farrell so FO makes sense there. Boyle and Co had a good point on air about his (Weirman's) athleticism and playing ability after the faceoff is won or lost, an area that Farrell struggled. I think Cannons and Waterdogs were watching to see what the other would do, and neither took the bait. Holman made a comment indicating that he may keep the same strategy as last year and roll a few guys out to take draws. Tierney is the wildcard of course in his first year. I expect Naso and Stathakis to get camp invites somewhere, maybe Kohn but again his status seems up in the air. I think Tierney will certainly add at least one through the post draft process.

Cormier is the big shocker. Not sure if there's something about his availability we don't know about. Would've thought the Whipsnakes would've taken him over Poitras if he was available. Or the Redwoods over Anderson.

It wasn't a deep SSDM group but I'm also surprised that Pederson was the only one taken. Martin, Haus, and Yager were on my radar. Although I'd sign Dearth over any of them, but I think a few might end up in camp. Again, surprised the Whips in particular didn't address the position at all.

Anti-cuse bias in PLL is wild to me. Ierlan over Mark? And I’ve never even heard of some of these defensemen going over Saam.

We are 4th in the country and they are trying to say we have 1 PLL quality senior? I don’t understand this league.
I love watching lacrosse. College lacrosse. I don't watch the PLL. Anti-Syracuse bias comes down from their leader (and owner) Paul Rabil.

for what its worth...ierlan has actually faced more shots (37.4 per game) this year than mark (36.1) and has a better save percentage (56.3 to mark's 53.6). and mark getting pulled last week was pretty bad timing...

over their careers mark has seen about 6 more shots per game than ierlan. it's def more but hard to argue with the year ierlan is having. like i said it's for a backup gig anyways. when a team needs a goalie, mark will prob be one of the first guys they call... he'll find a spot it just isn't worth drafting goalies in this league which is why entenmann at 5 was a huge reach lol

Mark is a fantastic goalie, but he has two weak spots being low to high + high to low off stick. He needs to not drop so early and improve his reaction time before he’s a starting PLL goalie picked in the draft. My point, Mark is a NCAA championship caliber goalie for sure, but when playing against the top 1% of shooters in the game they’ll get you if they know the chinks in your armor most every time.