2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Yeah, I've seen that, but to me, just rumors at this point.
You gotta pay attention to who the rumors are coming from though. That shows their legitimacy, better than tweets from Joe Tipton about so-and-so “hearing from” the following list of schools, which make me laugh. For instance, you don’t think Cuse coaches were talking and negotiating with Justin Moore’s camp last year? Those weren’t just rumors.

Last edited:
You gotta pay attention to who the rumors are coming from though. That shows their legitimacy, better than tweets from Joe Tipton about so-and-so “hearing from” the following list of schools, which make me laugh. For instance, you don’t think Cuse coaches were talking and negotiating with Justin Moore’s camp last year? Those weren’t just rumors.
I hear ya, and I agree. Although Joe Tipton is pretty plugged in, IMO.

I hear ya, and I agree. Although Joe Tipton is pretty plugged in, IMO.
Tipton is plugged into the players’ camps and what their handlers want the public to hear. The players are looking to boost their value (and egos) and the heat around who’s pursuing them. So you get a whole list of contenders for players when there’s probably only 2-3. There’s another side to this—what the coaching staffs want and what they value and who they are really targeting.

My most coveted guard transfer would be Skyy Clark from Louisville. We recruited him. Fingers crossed he enters portal and that somehow happens for us.