2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Jesse, Marek, Bourama, etc all say HI!
Hey!

IMG_0244.jpeg

Jesse, Marek, Bourama, etc all say HI!
Dude, I’m talking Gonzaga level international recruiting. Jesse and Bourama were already in US high schools, though Jesse was only a recent arrival. Onganaet was at a junior college, I believe. Marek was the only one who came directly from Europe. That’s what I’m talking about. If you find a good prospect, you’re likely not competing with any other colleges for him.

Lol remember when people thought the scholarships were equivalent compensation?
I don't think that was the argument. Equivalency? To what? "Value?" NIL still isn't about value. Especially since it's now crowdfunded. It's not ridiculous for people to have thought that collegiate athletics should be amateur, despite it being televised.

I don't think that was the argument. Equivalency? To what? "Value?" NIL still isn't about value. Especially since it's now crowdfunded. It's not ridiculous for people to have thought that collegiate athletics should be amateur, despite it being televised.
I'm all for collegiate athletics being amature.

I'm also a firm believer that in our modern world people have a fundamental right to all benefits pertaining to their existence and identity as a human being and any digital representation of themselves.

It's the collectives that messed it all up.

I'm all for collegiate athletics being amature.

I'm also a firm believer that in our modern world people have a fundamental right to all benefits pertaining to their existence and identity as a human being and any digital representation of themselves.

It's the collectives that messed it all up.
Yeah, that’s a good point, regarding “identity,” but one that sorta faded a bit when video games stopped including college players’ names. But, yeah, if the schools or Nike/Adidas/etc were selling jerseys with college players names, I always ought that money should have been put into a post-college ‘trust’ or somesuch. Paid out after schooling, and in a standardized format. Some sort of way that did not make it a competitive imbalance factor for programs to exploit.

As far as “digital representation,” if that means television broadcasts, I’d say No, that’s part of the game and you are choosing to play in order to showcase your potential to the pay level. That’s just part of the deal. Players don’t pay for uniforms or meals or training facilities or coaches or transportation/flights or hotels…. That’s all part of the deal.

Isn’t that standard practice in the onboarding of most industries? You take a job at Glaxo and then while working there you create The Bald Cure… Yamaha and you come up with some sort of a robot butcher… or you’re a food scientist at McDs and come up with the Steak McNugget…. You’re probably not entitles to billions. The company owns your work and products.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom