2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

If I have to pay for a new PG or Center I'd rather pay for an established one that has proven they can do what I need at a higher competition level. Freshman coming in are going to be relegated to rookie status. Sure the tip top guys will get good money, but there will be a severe drop off after that.
i mean...likely several stepping stones up the quads could be the new normal

start at quad 3 or 4 and work your way up...

i dont see why a p5 team would go freshman haevy when it didnt even work for kentucky

and the best teams in the portal era have all been full of grads

Why did he only play 23 minutes
Quick glance at his game log, didnt play a lot of minutes early seemingly due to foul trouble, seems he grew out of it quick. Averaged close to 30 minutes towards the end of the year with not a ton of fouls. Looks like a great player.

I need an IRS source to tell me how much these bags are really worth. I believe most of these numbers tossed around are BS.

Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

Considered creating a new post for this, but ultimately decided to just throw it in here. One of the guys from The Score (not the best media source but they pretty much always come up in google searches) went through the effort of grading and writing short notes on every single transfer as well as grading the teams for their overall transfer net activity.

Syracuse got a B- and was ranked 231st for the transfer net activity.
  • Jaquan Carlos: B+ - compared Jaquan to the Minnesota transfer PG that we all liked and said Jaquan will likely be a big reason for our offense being good next season.
  • Jyare Davis: C+ - basically just said he isn't a needle mover.
  • Eddie Lampkin: C - said that we might be a bad team next season and Eddie's rim protection would be a reason why.
Grades for our exports:
  • Quadir Copeland: A+ - Said he may be the best player to ever play in McNeese's conference and is a 3 pointer away from being in the NBA.
  • Maliq Brown: A- - Said Duke needed a role player next to Flagg and Maliq is the kind of low usage, high effectiveness forward that should be a great fit.
  • Justin Taylor: A- - Said his jumpshot passes the eye test and he shot it well and defended well as a freshman; just have to hope he gets back to that.
  • Benny Williams: B - Length and activity on the defensive end should help them. Offense probably will not.
  • Peter Carey: B - Said he obviously needed a step down in competition but this is a worthy gamble for Siena based on his pedigree as a prospect.

Last edited:
Considered creating a new post for this, but ultimately decided to just throw it in here. One of the guys from The Score (not the best media source but they pretty much always come up in google searches) went through the effort of grading and writing short notes on every single transfer as well as grading the teams for their overall transfer net activity.

• Jaquan Carlos: B+ - compared Jaquan to the Minnesota transfer PG that we all liked and said Jaquan will likely be a big reason for our offense being good next season.
  • Eddie Lampkin: C - said that we might be a bad team next season and Eddie's rim protection would be a reason why.
Grades for our exports:
  • Quadir Copeland: A+ - Said he may be the best player to ever play in McNeese's conference and is a 3 pointer away from being in the NBA.
  • Maliq Brown: A- - Said Duke needed a role player next to Flagg and Maliq is the kind of low usage, high effectiveness forward that should be a great fit.
  • Justin Taylor: A- - Said his jumpshot passes the eye test and he shot it well and defended well as a freshman; just have to hope he gets back to that.
  • Benny Williams: B - Length and activity on the defensive end should help them. Offense probably will not.
  • Peter Carey: B - Said he obviously needed a step down in competition but this is a worthy gamble for Siena based on his pedigree as a prospect.
Sooo uhhh no argument for some of the guys coming in, but the analysis on Taylor, Benny, Carey and Copeland certainly is something someone on a lot of drugs may say lol.

Last edited:

Grades for our exports:
Thanks for posting. Very interesting and hard to argue that our transfer portal activity has been fairly bland this year. I do think the fit of Eddie (having a real center) should bump up this ranking a bit. However, we did not make as big a splash as needed.

Cuse!

Sooo uhhh no argument for some of the guys coming in, but the analysis on Tayler, Benny, Carey and Copeland certainly is something someone on a lot of drugs may say lol.

For the guys coming in I’d say Davis is a B plus for our needs and a bit underrated and Lampkins offense could be argued as a reason we aren’t bad just as much as his defense a reason we are.

As for the ratings of guys that left I mean not a single one should be above a B except Maliq.

The Lampkin grade was best on the assumption Cuse defense functions best with a big-time rim protector (unclear since we've only had one Autry season).

The Lampkin grade was best on the assumption Cuse defense functions best with a big-time rim protector (unclear since we've only had one Autry season).
And seemingly that McLeod doesn't play at all.

For the guys coming in I’d say Davis is a B plus for our needs and a bit underrated and Lampkins offense could be argued as a reason we aren’t bad just as much as his defense a reason we are.

As for the ratings of guys that left I mean not a single one should be above a B except Maliq.
Copeland is underrated by our fanbase. He has lots of potential and if it clicks he'll be a very good player.

And seemingly that McLeod doesn't play at all.
Sort of irrelevant seeing as McLoed lacks any semblance of an offensive game. So either trade some defense prowess for no offense or vice versa

Copeland is underrated by our fanbase. He has lots of potential and if it clicks he'll be a very good player.

Judah is very talented too- that said Copeland is still a what if no matter how good he can be. So it’s a rating based on potential and nothing else. He’s going to a place where he can do what he wants. That’s not what a player with major discipline issues is going to benefit from. He is likely to be the player he wants to be I fear. So if you want to grade based on what if then sure I guess you you do so. I loved his game when he was locked in but…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom