2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

To those that constantly critique every player that enters the portal we may be interested in. There will be no perfect player available. They all have flaws and are not NBA ready lottery picks. They may never see the NBA.

We need guys that can fit into a team. Play for one another. Be coachable. Competitive. Play defense.

Realistically we are in no position to be picky and demand great players in the portal.

I hope Red and staff can pull some good ones but I’m not expecting the portal all-stars to come here.

I don't know how programs function without a GM with support staff both on the analysis of potential transfers on the skill and fit side of things and the financial side of NIL (that I know can't officially be tied to the school, but you have to be able to understand how much someone will cost if you have a budget).

I'm not angry about it, but this is a big lift.
Yeah, this is a full time in-season job.

Kadary has an extra year - do we have a chance? Hopefully, his relationship with Autry and our assistants was great and the issue was with JAB. He is the PG that we need.
I was wondering about this. I would love a return of Kadary Richmond.

Last edited:
Let’s say we saw Judah / Q and Bell all pop in the portal and they played for Marquette how many people would be all over them as must haves. Have to assume guys in the portal have some baggage to work through despite numbers and measurables

Wow it’s so crazy to me. Feels like this rule benefited everyone except for the seniors that missed out on the canceled tournament.
It really screwed the high school kids, especially the 22 grad class

Really? Wasn't he suspended for 6 road games? Do we want those headaches?
You're right. I had forgotten all about that. I would say yes at this point. Red and staff don't need another headache lol.