2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

The staff needs to show they can bring in guys they don’t have prior relationships with. Too many fish to limit yourself to a comfort zone.
This has become a board myth. Of course, you start with kids with whom you have an existing relationship if you ID that player as an add. But, my understanding is that the staff is looking "everywhere" to find the right talent.

This has become a board myth. Of course, you start with kids with whom you have an existing relationship if you ID that player as an add. But, my understanding is that the staff is looking "everywhere" to find the right talent.
I like that we are not hearing much. Last year we heard about some players and then it didn't happen. I think that in at least one case, it was because his current school heard about the interest and ponied up the dough. It's best to get the job done without causing a bidding war.

I like that we are not hearing much. Last year we heard about some players and then it didn't happen. I think that in at least one case, it was because his current school heard about the interest and ponied up the dough. It's best to get the job done without causing a bidding war.
Yup. ANYTHING we do hear is coming from the players or their agents. It's an interesting leap in "logic" to assume that SU isn't involved because we haven't heard anything or that the staff is only looking at kids we had a relationship with.

just curious . old school recruiting usually meant keeping a schollie or 2 in your pocket.
in today's game of one and done and the portal how many legit schollie players should be on the bench ? not talking walk-ons gifted leftovers like the old days but legit minute guys .

Another Freeman... Are they related?

Combo guard... c'mon down to combo guard-U young man!

bj.png