2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Center/forward. Strong, athletic, bouncy player. Goes and gets the ball. His video looks promising. They really didn’t want to lose him. They said he has continued to get better.
Yeah this guy is v intriguing. Living in mpls I've watched him quite a bit - not a super strong offensive game but he's an absolute beast on the glass

Payne has my attention. We definitely need a guy who can move bodies down low and rebound. Looks like a decent finisher too.

I'm feeling a little uncertain about our outside shooting though. I know that's Moore's calling card, but how are we feeling about our chances to keep Bell and Starling too? Would like to see Maliq improve his range next year too - We saw some flashes so there's definitely some potential.

Yeah this guy is v intriguing. Living in mpls I've watched him quite a bit - not a super strong offensive game but he's an absolute beast on the glass
We could benefit from an absolute beast on the glass.

85% of Payne's FGA's came at the rim, the same as McLeod and in line with Maliq's 88%. I really like Payne's athleticism, but if that doesn't change guys will just jam up the paint against us.

Payne has my attention. We definitely need a guy who can move bodies down low and rebound. Looks like a decent finisher too.

I'm feeling a little uncertain about our outside shooting though. I know that's Moore's calling card, but how are we feeling about our chances to keep Bell and Starling too? Would like to see Maliq improve his range next year too - We saw some flashes so there's definitely some potential.
Everybody is interested in this kid. He’s an absolute beast.

If Chris Bell happened to leave or needed competition this is the guy.
Competition?! Bell should be recruited over. We can’t win with him playing so many minutes and being so incapable of doing anything except hit 3’s. You simply can’t have perimeter players that can’t dribble, pass, defend or doing anything except catch and shoot.

Competition?! Bell should be recruited over. We can’t win with him playing so many minutes and being so incapable of doing anything except hit 3’s. You simply can’t have perimeter players that can’t dribble, pass, defend or doing anything except catch and shoot.
And yet, Bell playing well was one of the things many of our best wins had in common.

And yet, Bell playing well was one of the things many of our best wins had in common.
Yes, he shot really well in the 1st half of the NC state game (and then couldn’t get shots off in the 2nd) and the two games against Louisville. He didn’t exactly light it up in games against Oregon, Pitt, UNC… Let’s not pretend he added anything beyond the 3 point shooting and some chase down blocks. Our defense and rebounding were major issues because guys like Bell got too many minutes and can’t compete consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom