2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

where did this question come from?
Haven’t checked the thread in a few days. Mack is #1 PG in the portal right now on3. I also saw it was between Cuse and GTown somewhere with the Hoyas favored.

Just figured we don’t like losing players to GTown so if we want him we’ll dig deep and get him.

Haven’t checked the thread in a few days. Mack is #1 PG in the portal right now on3. I also saw it was between Cuse and GTown somewhere with the Hoyas favored.

Just figured we don’t like losing players to GTown so if we want him we’ll dig deep and get him.
I think that is pretty old news. The kid is looking for a lot of NIL. I think we may ve out of it.

1000007495.jpg

I assume we are just doing due diligence. Or at least hope so.
Doesn't really make sense though for our staff to just reach out for due diligence...we seem to be pretty selective in who we reach out to compared to other schools who are linked to many more players in the portal. Whatever their vision is he must fit. It's definitely a little strange though considering the pieces we already have and the ones we still need.

Doesn't really make sense though for our staff to just reach out for due diligence...we seem to be pretty selective in who we reach out to compared to other schools who are linked to many more players in the portal. Whatever their vision is he must fit. It's definitely a little strange though considering the pieces we already have and the ones we still need.
Still need backup options if Leffew doesn’t come through.

It really only makes sense if (1) we were interested in selling him on being a 6th man, microwave scorer type off the bench or (2) plan on playing JJ at PG or moving JJ to the bench.

#2 doesn't feel likely to me. #1 maybe, but I doubt Pope goes for that.

Ugh definitely not a point guard and can't say I'm all that excited about his shooting stats.

I don’t get our interest in all these 2Gs. We have JJ and his backup is Moore. That doesn’t even include Westry if healthy. I had a gut feel a couple months ago that people got mad at me about. But maybe our PG is JJ. Then you can sell a starting 2G spot to a Pope, a Reynolds, a Gayle, etc.

I don’t get our interest in all these 2Gs. We have JJ and his backup is Moore. That doesn’t even include Westry if healthy. I had a gut feel a couple months ago that people got mad at me about. But maybe our PG is JJ. Then you can sell a starting 2G spot to a Pope, a Reynolds, a Gayle, etc.
If that is the case . Pope , Reynolds and Gayle needs to be a knock down 3point shot!!!!

That would be a signal of doom and desperation IMO.

Maybe it looks like we are unlikely to get a point guard better than JJ?

I view the current roster at 1-3 as basically:
  • JJ: Primarily SG, some PG
  • Cuffe: PG/SG
  • Westry: Primarily SF, some SG/PG
  • Bell: Exclusively SF
  • Moore: Primarily SG, some SF
We know JJ and Bell will have big roles. The other three are all question marks for one reason or another. There's a lot of minutes to go around 1-3 IMO. Best of luck to the staff selling guys like Gayle on coming off the bench though. It is definitely odd that we're potentially pursuing guys like him, Pope, etc. Leffew has at least shown some flashes of PG skills but I'd throw him in that category too.

I agree with the overall point; I can't help but wonder if the staff intends to give JJ a lot more minutes at PG than we originally thought. I think there's plenty of bench minutes to go around for off-ball guys too but I don't really envision the guys that we're reaching out to accepting a bench role. Maybe a chance that Pope could go for that.

I think our pt guard is Leffew

you can’t bargain if no one wants you. “Portal reach outs” are yesterdays “has offers from”. We’ll let our names be associated with lots of players we have very little interest in.

It’s good long term business…

JJ isn't good whatsoever at distribution. Can't happen.

I think our pt guard is Leffew

Wouldn’t be a bad pickup but he’s more of a combo too. Good enough to probably demand a starting spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom