2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

I thought that there was a rule that said kids could play without sitting out a year by using the portal but after that transfers had to sit a year like the old rules. I guess that got changed with NIL so kids could follow the money?
I've seen some reports lately, amid all the legal stuff, stating that transfers can move more than once and still play immediately. I could be wrong though :)

There currently is a legal case in play and because of that, it allows a temporary stay at multiple transfers with no sit out

Also, you get one free transfer as an undergrad.

If you graduate, you can transfer again as a grad student, no penalty, if your school doesn’t offer a masters program you want

I know that May 1st is the dead drop day to enter the portal, is there a drop dead date to name your new college destination? Can colleges or players wait indefinitely to name their destination? Could players, colleges wait till right before or even after fall semester starts to make their choice extending negotiations etc? Just wondering - probably a dumb question.

If Davis and Leffew commit to Syracuse, give me Cade Tyson for a perimeter threat off the bench and I'll be a happy man. For games when Bell might be off, he'd be the perfect fit. I don't know about his defense, but the dude has the purest stroke in the portal.

If Davis and Leffew commit to Syracuse, give me Cade Tyson for a perimeter threat off the bench and I'll be a happy man. For games when Bell might be off, he'd be the perfect fit. I don't know about his defense, but the dude has the purest stroke in the portal.
Tyson will start somewhere.

There currently is a legal case in play and because of that, it allows a temporary stay at multiple transfers with no sit out

Also, you get one free transfer as an undergrad.

If you graduate, you can transfer again as a grad student, no penalty, if your school doesn’t offer a masters program you want
Thanks. Didn't know about the court case. Understand the grad rule even if u had used the portal once. Makes since. Of course it doesn't say anything about being qualified for the advanced degree or such. Heck does the basket weaving degree qualify a kid to go for a masters in analytical chemistry?

He has lots of interest from very good programs.