2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Whether or not the portal and NIL are a positive or negative development for
college sports, the fundamental question remains how sustainable is the
concept going forward. To pick a number, let's say a top level program needs
$3M a year for each of it's basketball and football programs. For now that might
be doable, but like any investment if the investors aren't seeing the results of
their $$ there is going to be the inevitable disinterest with a system that isn't
producing results. Just that much more pressure on the coaching staffs to
produce.
True, just plain logical math would seem to show that plenty of program‘s fans will be very unhappy. You’d have to assume that players weren’t motivated to play better until they got paid. What program’s fans are contributing to NIL hoping for the status quo? (other than maybe UConn in basketball or Georgia in football :) ) Everyone is hoping that their $ will improve their team’s results.

ok. tax day is here. who's happy so far with our portal +/- balance sheet. in the red or black ?

Last edited:
so if Davis and leffew both commit...there's still 2 more roster spots open right?

what's the plan there?

any rumors?

I wonder if there's another late signing Euro guy a la Marek or Jesse that is looking to play in NCAA.
Yeah, recruiting those last couple spots is going to be tough. Coaches are going to have to get creative or possibly just get lucky with guys in the portal that lost musical chairs.

so if Davis and leffew both commit...there's still 2 more roster spots open right?

what's the plan there?

any rumors?
I think we see a backup PG, someone like that Carlos kid from Hofstra.

I think If Red does anything additional it’ll be a flier type.

PG - Lefeww, Portal, Cuffe
SG - JJ, Elijah, Cuffe
SF - Bell, Westry
PF - Freeman, Davis
C - Lampkin, McLeod

Seems like a ton of minutes will be clearly spoken for between LeFeww, JJ, Bell, Freeman, Lampkin, Davis and Westry - that’s 7. Westry and Davis offer positional flexibility. I could also see Freeman as the 5 depending on the matchup. A true backup PG would be nice - then Cuffe as a Defensive guard/shooter. That’s 9. McLeod will definitely get run as a shot blocker/rim protector that we don’t have otherwise. That’s 10.

Not sure there’s any more PT for any additional transfers unless someone like Bell unexpectedly leaves

SG - JJ, Elijah, Cuffe
SF - Bell, Westry
PF - Freeman, Davis
C - Lampkin, McLeod

Seems like a ton of minutes will be clearly spoken for between LeFeww, JJ, Bell, Freeman, Lampkin, Davis and Westry - that’s 7. Westry and Davis offer positional flexibility. I could also see Freeman as the 5 depending on the matchup. A true backup PG would be nice - then Cuffe as a Defensive guard/shooter. That’s 9. McLeod will definitely get run as a shot blocker/rim protector that we don’t have otherwise. That’s 10.

Not sure there’s any more PT for any additional transfers unless someone like Bell unexpectedly leaves
another year without an actual PG?

ugh

i hope they do at least get someone who is a PG

but the rest of the rostr would be pretty crowded already...

center is still thin.

if patterson cant contribute why is he on the roster?

and there really is only 1 power forward on that rostr as well...as 6 7 davis isnt really a big

why arent you including moore? is he not gong to play next season?

i would go with PF and PG with the last 2 spots

Starting to wonder if we get either.
Thought at least one would commit this weekend
Patience Calm Down GIF by Brat TV

I don't think that NIL any player movement had much to do with our play this season. We had Judah, Bell, Brown, Taylor, Copeland all back. JJ and Naheem were new but you get that with almost any team.

Cost us Jesse. The rest yeah...

SG - JJ, Elijah, Cuffe
SF - Bell, Westry
PF - Freeman, Davis
C - Lampkin, McLeod

Forgetting Patterson at C