2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Yes. Red, please start making calls. This is the type of thing I was talking about earlier. 2 weeks and you never know who will be out there. If he ends up at UConn, I may kill myself

Correct pull out everything for this kid. Probably a long shot but this is exactly what the team needs.

Last edited:
Weren't we told last year when Weitsman was persona non grata that money going forward was not an issue.
I think there were several posters who said money was not an issue at Syracuse for basketball NIL, the cupboards were full and Weitsman would not be missed. Then their were others that said we could have afforded Edwards and were willing to pay the figure, but we couldnt figure out the NIL because he was on a VISA. Essentially, his asking price wasnt the problem, it was the visa.

At the same point, I think its hard to see where we are involved and where we are not involved because it does appear like we are very tight lipped in our interest. I feel like we usually never see Syracuse is involved with a kid unless he is visiting. But at the same point, it is frustrating to see all these top kids transferring and Syracuse isnt even in the picture. Maybe this transfer class will be good, but I cant help but be a little underwhelmed after last season and the players we have brought in so far in the portal. Currently, I am very worried about next years roster construction.

I think there were several posters who said money was not an issue at Syracuse for basketball NIL, the cupboards were full and Weitsman would not be missed. Then their were others that said we could have afforded Edwards and were willing to pay the figure, but we couldnt figure out the NIL because he was on a VISA. Essentially, his asking price wasnt the problem, it was the visa.

At the same point, I think its hard to see where we are involved and where we are not involved because it does appear like we are very tight lipped in our interest. I feel like we usually never see Syracuse is involved with a kid unless he is visiting. But at the same point, it is frustrating to see all these top kids transferring and Syracuse isnt even in the picture. Maybe this transfer class will be good, but I cant help but be a little underwhelmed after last season and the players we have brought in so far in the portal. Currently, I am very worried about next years roster construction.
Fair. But I like the 5 and the forward is a sub and for a sub, a pretty good get in my opinion. the whole shooting match comes down to whether we can get a pt guard. I mean, we will. But will he be any good.

Yes. Red, please start making calls. This is the type of thing I was talking about earlier. 2 weeks and you never know who will be out there. If he ends up at UConn, I may kill myself
Mannn I have been pumping that bus all off season in here saying Patience, relax, etc because stuff keeps happening and it’ll continue to happen until the the portal is fully closed. We continue to see dominos falling weeks after many proclaimed we were “caught with our drawers at our ankles”, “behind in the portal game”, etc.

Fair. But I like the 5 and the forward is a sub and for a sub, a pretty good get in my opinion. the whole shooting match comes down to whether we can get a pt guard. I mean, we will. But will he be any good.
I dont disagree. Also, there are still a lot of good players still out there and this stuff doesn't usually happen over night. PG is our overwhelming biggest need. If we dont get one, something went terribly wrong. Im not as sold on Lampkin as you are, but definitely an improvement from what we already had.