2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Like this kid's game -

VCU guard Max Shulga entered the NCAA transfer portal. He’ll search for the third school of his college career.

Shulga started his career at Utah State and played for the Aggies for three seasons. He played his fourth year at VCU in 2023-24.

Shulga had career highs this past season with the Rams. He finished with 14 points per game, 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, shot 44.6% from the floor and 41.5% from three-point range.

I mean seriously, isn’t it crazy how these schools/NCAA make millions of dollars off these athletes. And the Fans are the ones still footing the bills? It’s crazier and crazier the more I think about it. The fans have to pay the bill for the team to be good and then the university just pockets the income they make from the conferences and ticket sales. Like am I taking crazy pills?

Yea I know professional sports teams make money off of media deals and ticket sales too. But that money pays for the players and every thing else with that franchise. Then the owner pockets some money. In this scenario, fans are paying these kids 2-4 million in college basketball alone to play for a school they are fans off. Meanwhile the School doesn’t owe a dime and it’s up to the school to reinvest in staff and facilities as they deem necessary.

I mean seriously, isn’t it crazy how these schools/NCAA make millions of dollars off these athletes. And the Fans are the ones still footing the bills? It’s crazier and crazier the more I think about it. The fans have to pay the bill for the team to be good and then the university just pockets the income they make from the conferences and ticket sales. Like am I taking crazy pills?

Yea I know professional sports teams make money off of media deals and ticket sales too. But that money pays for the players and every thing else with that franchise. Then the owner pockets some money. In this scenario, fans are paying these kids 2-4 million in college basketball alone to play for a school they are fans off. Meanwhile the School doesn’t owe a dime and it’s up to the school to reinvest in staff and facilities as they deem necessary.
Another difference is that American pro leagues (and I'm guessing foreign ones too) have financial literacy programs to make sure their talent doesn't blow through their money Antoine Walker-style. I'm all for player empowerment, but without that education, NIL is creating a class of future bankrupt 25-year-olds who won't be talented enough to earn a living playing beyond college whether it's in the US or overseas.

If the schools aren't going to step up, whatever unifying structure rises in the wake of the NCAA's demise needs to.

Another difference is that American pro leagues (and I'm guessing foreign ones too) have financial literacy programs to make sure their talent doesn't blow through their money Antoine Walker-style. I'm all for player empowerment, but without that education, NIL is creating a class of future bankrupt 25-year-olds who won't be talented enough to earn a living playing beyond college whether it's in the US or overseas.

If the schools aren't going to step up, whatever unifying structure rises in the wake of the NCAA's demise needs to.
Ha, don’t even get me started with these fake handlers that literally have 0 care for the players. They stear them to the biggest payday without any worries about the kids future or what may be the best opportunity for the kid to show or prove themselves. They are using these kids for profit and setting them up for failure. It’s heartbreaking really.

CFF & CBB athletes are little more than well-paid mascots for their college or university’s marketing and brand development programs. Whatever loose nexus that used to exist between athletics, the student body and the core academic mission has been severed, likely forever.

Was wondering if this kid was going to jump in the portal. Think he's got a lot of potential but was limited with others in front of him at Duke