Women's Lacrosse - 2024 Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2024 Recruiting

Cotter number 3 player in 2024 classss!!

Whoop whoopppp

3. Mileena Cotter | M | Salem (Mich.) | Sky Walkers | Syracuse

Named the Michigan Lacrosse High School Player of the Year by USA Today/Detroit Free Press, Cotter turned heads all year. She creates her own shot well, with the ability to score off both the dodge and off-ball. Cotter plays with her head up, and draws slides thanks to a quick first step, and has displayed a knack for finding the open player right off the dodge.

Cotter announced this past weekend that she’ll be playing her collegiate lacrosse at Syracuse University; she will be one of the biggest headliners for head coach Kayla Treanor’s second recruiting class.

And the number 10 player in the class. Ayeeeee!!!!

10. Molly Guzik | M | Spencerport (N.Y.) | Monster | Syracuse

A consistent midfielder who makes few mistakes, Guzik is the type of player that makes things look easy.

Guzik’s shown the ability to find the back of the net off dodges from the top, getting her hands free and away from her body for big time outside shots on the run.

Another recent Syracuse commit, the Rochester native will be playing college-ball roughly an hour away from her hometown.

Treanor doing some big things here.
Isn’t there another committ that was the 5th?

Treanor doing some big things here.
Isn’t there another committ that was the 5th?
I agree with you 100% on Treanor and the recruiting. Idk how I feel about the '22 class tbch but I am very high on the '23 class and the '24 class looks like its shaping up to be another home run.

No, there wasn't a 5th commit-- but there was a 5th mystery recruit that was with the current commits when they took their visit last weekend that didn't commit when the rest of them did for whatever reason. Perhaps the 4 girls that committed at the same time got close at camp, felt like 'Cuse was a home away from home and didn't feel the need to visit anymore schools, while the mystery recruit wanted to take her time and visit more schools before making a decision?

After doing some digging, I *think* the 5th mystery recruit that visited over the weekend was Lexi Reber from Bryn Mawr who is #9 on IL's 2024 ranking list, but don't quote me on that.

I agree with you 100% on Treanor and the recruiting. Idk how I feel about the '22 class tbch but I am very high on the '23 class and the '24 class looks like its shaping up to be another home run.

No, there wasn't a 5th commit-- but there was a 5th mystery recruit that was with the current commits when they took their visit last weekend that didn't commit when the rest of them did for whatever reason. Perhaps the 4 girls that committed at the same time got close at camp, felt like 'Cuse was a home away from home and didn't feel the need to visit anymore schools, while the mystery recruit wanted to take her time and visit more schools before making a decision?

After doing some digging, I *think* the 5th mystery recruit that visited over the weekend was Lexi Reber from Bryn Mawr who is #9 on IL's 2024 ranking list, but don't quote me on that.
I won’t quote you but I think you are right on who that was!! Good info!! Hope she decides to come also

I’ll accept her as well.

IL page is empty. Glad to have her on board though.

Seems like Episcopal Academy is a very good team in PA, this looks like a very good commit. They seems to be one of the bette teams in the state.

Last edited:
C1ED6861-461E-401B-8CD2-E223355AFE3E.jpeg

Good call !!! Here she is!!!woohoo

My buddy has had three daughters go thru M&D and he has seen her reber play a bunch. He said she is the best defender he has seen. Not just in this class, like ever at the club level. Not sure what kind of magic they pulled but, two classes in, this staff can flat out recruit.

My buddy has had three daughters go thru M&D and he has seen her reber play a bunch. He said she is the best defender he has seen. Not just in this class, like ever at the club level. Not sure what kind of magic they pulled but, two classes in, this staff can flat out recruit.
Agree with your buddy's take on her. She would have been the best defender on the '22 and '23 M&D teams (no hyperbole) as well. I saw her play in the IAAM last year on a couple of occasions. She held her own against that competition. This is a really good get for 'Cuse.

I wonder if SU is in the mix for any of the uncommitted on this list. Would be great to pick one more up off this list and a couple locals to add to this outstanding group.
I gotta imagine we are. The fact that we nab 3 of the top 10 seems like they are talking and actively recruiting one another so it seems like it’s a decent chance.

Really love Kaylan and co. Recruiting this year… I do hope they grab a Goalie though..Really like Guyette but we didn’t get one last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom