2024 Schedule | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

This is true. But it appears the Yankees really want this game to happen and if they do, it probably will.

They will pay handsomely to get Army and ND on board.

Both will be happy to take the money.
Notre Dame plays Navy at Metlife next season which is most likely what is complicating this. If this game does get finalized, I could see this:

Wake or SMU @ UNLV
Syracuse vs UMass
SMU or Wake @ NM St or FIU

Interesting thread. Mike knows his UMass stuff. I'd be surprised if Syracuse agreed to a home and home but I guess weirder things have happened. Would imagine it's a 2-1. And Cuse would take over McGuirk just like they do whatever they call Yukon's stadium.
Having three games within two hours of me would be amazing next year.

Interesting thread. Mike knows his UMass stuff. I'd be surprised if Syracuse agreed to a home and home but I guess weirder things have happened. Would imagine it's a 2-1. And Cuse would take over McGuirk just like they do whatever they call Yukon's stadium.

Screw a home and home with a slug like umass.

I don’t mind playing them in Gillette but see not point in Amherst
0.00% chance that they will play in Gillette. UMass learned from their mistakes doing that.

I'm cool with playing weird road games in basketball but the margin of error in FBS football is so small we should be doing everything possible to avoid MAC-ish away games.

Although this would give me the chance to go party at my alma mater and watch my two football teams so I would be fine with this one.

0.00% chance that they will play in Gillette. UMass learned from their mistakes doing that.

I'm cool with playing weird road games in basketball but the margin of error in FBS football is so small we should be doing everything possible to avoid MAC-ish away games
1. This is an emergency situation. SU has to take whatever game it can get.

2. Plenty of power conference teams play at MAC teams or at non-power teams. It’s fine.

Ohio, Holy Cross, UCONN and UMASS would have to be the weakest non-conference schedule of all time, right? I know we want wins, but this would seem a little cheap and disappointing
If it has us in the ACC Championship game and/or the 12 team playoff, then no one here will care.

if we are 10-2 and left out of the top 12 because of the weak schedule, Cuse and Brown will throw a fit, and Fran will certainly have our recruiting at an all time high to try ans replicate that season going into a tougher scheduled year in 25.

Ohio, Holy Cross, UCONN and UMASS would have to be the weakest non-conference schedule of all time, right? I know we want wins, but this would seem a little cheap and disappointing
I hear what you are saying. Personally, IDGAF. When GRob was the coach and we played Washington, Iowa and Illinois in one season, or Northwestern/Penn State/Notre Dame in another season, we didn’t get any recognition for it. Rutgers played community colleges and ran up its record. You don’t get medals for scheduling tough. We just need wins.

Besides, SU has a pretty tough schedule in 2025.

If it has us in the ACC Championship game and/or the 12 team playoff, then no one here will care.

if we are 10-2 and left out of the top 12 because of the weak schedule, Cuse and Brown will throw a fit, and Fran will certainly have our recruiting at an all time high to try ans replicate that season going into a tougher scheduled year in 25.

Or, we will sue the ACC for illegally conspiring to keep us out of the playoffs so we can leave the ACC without paying a dime so we can take our rightful place as one of the top schools in the SEC or Big 10.

At UNLV please and thank you.

Adding UNLV would be fun but we already have a trip to Cali next year. It would work out better to play them in Vegas in 2026, but they need a home game for 2024.

Since the FBS was created in 1978 we have played West of the Central Time Zone THREE times. So if we added at UNLV the 2024 season would almost have as many trips out West as the previous 46 season combined.

BYU 2002
Washington 2010
USC 2011

I hear what you are saying. Personally, IDGAF. When GRob was the coach and we played Washington, Iowa and Illinois in one season, or Northwestern/Penn State/Notre Dame in another season, we didn’t get any recognition for it. Rutgers played community colleges and ran up its record. You don’t get medals for scheduling tough. We just need wins.

Besides, SU has a pretty tough schedule in 2025.
Yep remember 2012, imagine if we hadn’t played 4 Power conference teams in our OOC? We probably win 9 games instead of 7 and end up ranked

Adding UNLV would be fun but we already have a trip to Cali next year. It would work out better to play them in Vegas in 2026, but they need a home game for 2024.

Since the FBS was created in 1978 we have played West of the Central Time Zone THREE times. So if we added at UNLV the 2024 season would almost have as many trips out West as the previous 46 season combined.

BYU 2002
Washington 2010
USC 2011
And it would be magical.

I can't imagine SU ever playing FB in that little stadium. Now, for lacrosse, it's a fantastic venue. McGuirk is only 17,000 seats!

Pratt & Whitney is 40,000. No comparison. Our Dome will be 42,500 next season.

I can't imagine SU ever playing FB in that little stadium. Now, for lacrosse, it's a fantastic venue. McGuirk is only 17,000 seats!

Pratt & Whitney is 40,000. No comparison. Our Dome will be 42,500 next season.
The 10-2 SEC Mizzou Tigers come to McGuirk next season! One of the funniest scheduling spots I've ever seen.

I think we should be looking to add Temple to our schedules. If we get creative we can join up with Wake to offer Temple and Coastal Carolina games.

So SU replaces Coastal Carolina for Temple's 2024 and 2026 games. That 2026 game replaces our Army game which we likely lose. We also give them games in 2027 and 2029. Wake replaces Temple for Coastal Carolina in 2024 and 2026.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom