2024 Schedule | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Who is our schedule wizard that knows all the teams currently looking for a game in the fall?
I cannot speak to the accuracy of this list.

IMG_9342.jpeg

Is it that easy to back out of scheduled games? They changed their mind?
This one was in the works and not done. Usually there’s a financial agreement in the contract. I’d imagine SU made a little money from Army because of them backing out of a contract

This one was in the works and not done. Usually there’s a financial agreement in the contract. I’d imagine SU made a little money from Army because of them backing out of a contract
Yeah I see that this was never finalized. Thanks

If we are going to actually be good and in the mix as a top-25 team at the end of the year, I’d love to get a decently winnable P5 strength of schedule boost here. Not sure who’s got games to fill this late but another Purdue (2022) level game would be great here.
I get it but I am fine with NC State and Miami being our potential resume boosts. Wins baby, wins!

Well the teams that Army was supposed to play should all be now open. So either UMass (10-19, 10-26, 11-9), UNLV (9-21 or later), Rice (not 8-31, 9-14, 10-26) should be available. I don't think there is much more available.

Well the teams that Army was supposed to play should all be now open. So either UMass (10-19, 10-26, 11-9), UNLV (9-21 or later), Rice (not 8-31, 9-14, 10-26) should be available. I don't think there is much more available.
Uh oh 2010 double FCS alert! ;)

Rice, TCU or Houston.

Let’s keep the eyes of Texas on us.

Another option is Notre Dame. Unofficially they were going to play Army at Yankee Stadium (although they do play Navy at Giants Stadium already next year), and it looks like that Army game might be left out. If it is no longer, we can play Notre Dame 11/23 (rather play them in South Bend though). That will ease our 2025 schedule as we can replace Notre Dame with a G5.

I cannot speak to the accuracy of this list.

View attachment 235803

Based on what fbschedules.com shows this is pretty accurate as of Mid-November which is the last time their list was updated. They also say most of the major programs listed will likely fill their opening with an FCS school.

Another option is Notre Dame. Unofficially they were going to play Army at Yankee Stadium (although they do play Navy at Giants Stadium already next year), and it looks like that Army game might be left out. If it is no longer, we can play Notre Dame 11/23 (rather play them in South Bend though). That will ease our 2025 schedule as we can replace Notre Dame with a G5.
I like this idea.

I think Army has finalized its list of opponents for next season, and ND is on it. There is a historical element involved, just like our game vs Pitt at Yankee Stadium. In 1924 Army-ND at Yankee Stadium was the game immortalized by Grantland Rice's essay dubbing the ND backfield "The Four Horsemen".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom