2024 Schedule | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Find an opponent we can play in Philly. Get all of Camden and Philly to turn out for the Orange!

Anyone see the 2025 schedule. 5 road games in a row. Schedule looks ROUGH.
If you are referencing this link, those are all dates TBA

I think Army has finalized its list of opponents for next season, and ND is on it. There is a historical element involved, just like our game vs Pitt at Yankee Stadium. In 1924 Army-ND at Yankee Stadium was the game immortalized by Grantland Rice's essay dubbing the ND backfield "The Four Horsemen".

I know that was the plan but I hadn't seen anything confirming the game officially. Also strange of Notre Dame to want to play two NYC games in the same season. I suppose they could still move the Navy game's location.

Based on that it's gonna be UNLV UMass or Wake
Really curious that Army can keep one of those games. Two roadies and Wake are the possibilities. You would think that a home game against an in state opponent would be the most attractive of the four to them.

It's possible to play Wake as a non-conference game. It's been done before.

I'd prefer UNLV. Let's play different teams for a change.

Yup that's why I listed them, think it's a very realistic option and would give us a legit ooc team as the current 3 are pretty weak, Wake is at least a power 5 school.

Why not Wash or SMU?

SMU is already playing BYU and TCU, seems unlikely they want to add SU. On Washington I figured neither school wants to travel 3K + miles and UNLV makes much more sense for them

Wash st? Oregon St?
Oregon St conjures up warm memories. This board will understand:

First game I ever saw in person was the SU vs Oregon State 1974 season opener at Archbold. 2 underperforming teams. We won 23-15. Central Tech's own Ken Kinsey 38 carries 169 yards. Steve Webster 5 or 7 carries 35 yards. Jim Donoghue (Delran NJ) was the QB. 33 yr old Frank Maloney's 1st year. My ST was $42. 6 home games. No "donation." I was on the 47 yard line in the "modern" north Bleachers. Next week lost to Kent State 20-14. I think Larry Poole ran for a 95 yd TD, sealing our fate.

Unbelievably, Archbold had a 400m cinder track around it. Rome had better plumbing. I went to Nov. games sitting on concrete w/11K in the stands. We'd go down onto the track and welcome the team back on the field at halftime when they emerged from the locker room/horse stalls. Heck, sometimes I'd to be the first one in the stadium at 11 am (All games started at 1pm back then) and shag field goal attempts by Dave Jacobs or BC's Fred Steinfort. Archbold Stadium was built during the Roosevelt administration. Not FDR, but Teddy Roosevelt (1907). It's namesake and benefactor was Standard Oil baron John Archbold, a crony of and friend of John D Rockefeller. Anti-Trust legislation broke up Standard Oil's monopoly into the Seven Sisters - latter day Exxon, Texaco, Chevron etc...

Sorry, went off the rails there. Suffice to say SU Football has a rich history and for some reason I'm galvanically attracted to it.

In any event...LGO!

Based on that it's gonna be UNLV UMass or Wake
UNLV and UMass were going to be away games for Army so these two would likely be away games for us.

If we chose UMass and kept it an away game, and kept the current date scheduled, which is November 9th, we would have 4 drivable away games in 2024:

UMass
UConn
BC and
Pitt

UConn is penciled in as a November 23rd game.

The ACC loves to schedule northern teams against northern teams in November so those the southern schools can avoid having to play in cold conditions. So if we do end up with UMass, I see a very real nuclear winter scenario where we play four games on the road in the Northeast in 2024, all in November..

All4SU, get your raccoon coat out of the cedar closet. This could be the year for wearing real fur!

UNLV and UMass were going to be away games for Army so these two would likely be away games for us.

If we chose UMass and kept it an away game, and kept the current date scheduled, which is November 9th, we would have 4 drivable away games in 2024:

UMass
UConn
BC and
Pitt

UConn is penciled in as a November 23rd game.

The ACC loves to schedule northern teams against northern teams in November so those the southern schools can avoid having to play in cold conditions. So if we do end up with UMass, I see a very real nuclear winter scenario where we play four games on the road in the Northeast in 2024, all in November..

All4SU, get your raccoon coat out of the cedar closet. This could be the year for wearing real fur!
Money talks, we could definitely convince both of those schools to play at the Dome for a little extra dough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom