2024 Schedule | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

11/17/1984

Lost to BC 16-24.
wow, thank you, I don't remember it, I've got to google it and look for photos or video of that game. I lived in Mass from 87-97 and went to many Patriots games at the old cement bowl, Foxborough/Sullivan Stadium. I should have remembered it though, I was a sophomore at SU in 84 and surely watched it on TV (if it was on TV in 84!)

Last edited:
wow, thank you, I don't remember it, I've got to google it and look for photos or video of that game. I lived in Mass from 87-97 and went to many Patriots games at the old cement bowl, Foxborough/Sullivan Stadium. I should have remembered it though, I was a sophomore at SU in 84 and surely watched it on TV (if it was on TV in 84!)
Or at minimum SUper Sports on Sunday morning, but I’m not sure if that started by ‘84 either?

No I’m being completely real. Conference regionalization is what made it great. It’s foolish we are back slapping the idea of playing 3 games so close. That’s kinda how it should be. If Penn st, bc, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, army were the schedule we would be localized.

It’s all so dumb now. Again don’t care where we end up because college football will include bc and Syracuse in whatever realignment occurs.

Just hope we are back w our neighbors and hoops goes back to the big east w our old friends. Of course I’m in the minority and everyone will say that’s crazy and no money opportunities for that.
We can do that, but I think you'll be disappointed if you think it will be the same as it was - as Kevin Arnold often realized on the Wonder Years.

Wife went there for grad school and it’s fantastic. She lived at Amherst college which is even nicer.

I would think if we played UMass we play at Gillette. UMass used to play there. Last time we played in foxboro was flutie years no?
Pass on Gillette. Atmosphere would be terrible. Would much much much rather play in Amherst.

until SU lines up the last piece of its schedule the ACC cant do its thing.. There must be a timeline on this they are shooting for.

Pass on Gillette. Atmosphere would be terrible. Would much much much rather play in Amherst.
I’d love UMass mind you for a game but SU will never play at that small a stadium. I would think they’d stipulate that the bargain involved a real neutral esque stadium.

I’d love to have a hoops game at Cornell and Colgate too but our school won’t do it.

I’d love UMass mind you for a game but SU will never play at that small a stadium. I would think they’d stipulate that the bargain involved a real neutral esque stadium.

I’d love to have a hoops game at Cornell and Colgate too but our school won’t do it.
They have Mizzou, Liberty and UConn at home as well. Maybe they put up some golf stadium stands in the endzone that's vacant.

I tend to agree but desperate times call for desperate measures. I don’t believe UMass has a relationship with Gillette anymore, and it takes three to tango in this case.

Interestingly, SMU also needs a game next year. I believe it could be counted as a non-league game.

Interestingly, SMU also needs a game next year. I believe it could be counted as a non-league game.
Yes this scenario is rare, but has come up before. If we do have to schedule an ACC team, it wouldn't count in the league standings.

I tend to agree but desperate times call for desperate measures. I don’t believe UMass has a relationship with Gillette anymore, and it takes three to tango in this case.

Bob Kraft knows Orange is the new Green in foxboro/foxborough.

Bob Kraft knows Orange is the new Green in foxboro/foxborough.
Gillette would be happy to have a tenant in there. They host low attendance events, because it's better than being vacant. SU lacrosse played an NCAA quarterfinal game there - not well attended; MD played boring slowdown and won 5-3. It's also a comfortable place for fans; pro tip: you can get tickets in the club seats section for games like this.

SU lacrosse also won 2 Natty's in that building. SU fans helped set the NCAA all-time attendance record for the NCAA Lax semis in 2008 (48,970).

SU would have more fans at a game in Gillette than UMass. And the attendance will be higher than McGuirk's capacity. If they play in Amherst, you'll have a good view, if you can get a ticket. It's small.

I saw SU lax play in McGuirk twice since the mid-1990s. Really nice for lacrosse. I was also at the BC FB game in Sullivan/Schaefer stadium. Another stellar game by Doug Flutie put them on top in a competitive game. Two years earlier, Flutie led them to a late come-from-behind win over SU in Alumni Stadium. Shades of what was to come in Miami 2 years later.

I'd make it fun for you, bnoro.
f7j7bcsn9z811.jpg

You want to play two games at Boston in November?

We're already playing at BC.
Do I want to? No way. But if we are forced to play at UMass, I’d rather play some place unique like Fenway rather than Gillette.

Do I want to? No way. But if we are forced to play at UMass, I’d rather play some place unique like Fenway rather than Gillette.

Neutral ground: Worcester at Polar Park. They already play holy cross games there occasionally.

I saw UMass plays Georgia next year in November. What a gauntlet

until SU lines up the last piece of its schedule the ACC cant do its thing.. There must be a timeline on this they are shooting for.

I’m not sure why I keep seeing people say this

The ACC announced back in October that they will be releasing the schedule on January 31st at 9pm

If we play UMass, I think it should be on their campus. I like attending away games on the opposing team‘s campus. It’s just a cool way to watch the game.

If we need a stadium with more capacity, I’d like to go to Michie Stadium in West Point. That’s where we’re supposed to be going anyway. I wonder if Army would be amenable if we did it on the weekend they were away?

If we go neutral, and are willing to go to an even smaller stadium, why not Ford Field in Albany? Like Polar Park, it holds about 9500. But it’s about halfway between the two schools. It would be nice to do something for our alums and fans in the capital district area.

Last edited:
If we play UMass, I think it should be on their campus. I like attending away games and the opposing team‘s campus. It’s just a cool way to watch the game.

If we need a stadium with more capacity, I’d like to go to Michie Stadium in West Point. That’s where we’re supposed to be going anyway. I wonder if Army would be amenable if we did it on the weekend they were away?

If we go on neutral, and are willing to go to an even smaller stadium, why not Ford Field in Albany? Like Polar Park, it holds about 9500. But it’s about halfway between the two schools.
Yes, need to think out of the box on this one!

Screw a home and home with a slug like umass.

Give them the home game in 2024, and get two future home games in return.

If we added UMass and you live in, say Albany, you’d have 9 games next year that are less than a 2.5 hour drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom