2024 Schedule | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Agree. I've been as frustrated with some of the late scheduling as anyone, but this one is a little different than in the past in that we did have a full schedule until the Army deal came about.
Kinda...UConn has been a nebulous mystery.

Apparently UConn wanted this as an off site home game. Maybe YS or Fenway. UConn fans are in the dark too.

Idk, I was told by people on here it wasn’t a big deal we didn’t have that 4th game lined up and that it wasn’t too late
What do you think is going to happen?

Will there be a game against somebody somewhere at some time or not?

Here’s what’s going to happen, they either have 11 FBS games or 10 and 2 FCS games.

Maybe there are 7 home games.

Theres the solution set. When and how and even who just doesn’t matter.

ACC PM, on Monday, is going to show the schedule for the first week. On Tuesday, they are going to show Thursday and Friday games. Then on Wednesday, The huddle will show the whole schedule.

I would prefer a ban on playing FCS teams anywhere.

The B1G a few years ago added an FCS ban but doesn't seem to enforce it. Not that it matters they still play horrible OOC. Ohio State has Akron, Western Michigan, Marshall OOC next year. No P4.

I actually think some G5s are okay

Trips to USF, FAU or FIU
Memphis, Tulane, Military Academies, UConn, SDSU, UNLV, UTEP, UTSA, etc...

Plenty of G5 schools I wouldn't mind Cuse playing in 1 for 1s
There is ZERO reason for SU to schedule 1 for 1s with any of the listed programs outside of the military academies. Not only does a win not move the needle whatsoever, but a loss would have huge consequences. It's a no-win situation.

UConn scheduled a home and home with Wake in 2021. The first game was scheduled for 2024 at Wake, the second in 2028 at UConn.

The order of the games was just changed last week though. The 2024 game will now be played at Storrs. No reason was given.

I am thinking either Wake is hearing the rumors about no away games at G5 schools and wants to do a solid with UConn now, which seems unlikely.

Or something else is driving this.

With the change, if you consider the 2024 SU-UConn game to be a home game, UConn has 8 home games. UConn fans are thinking the Wake game move indicates the Syracuse game will be played at a neutral site.

That might be true. Or maybe it means that they are planning to move the Syracuse game to Syracuse in 2024?

That would imply that the Hawaii game in week zero is not happening and we are going to schedule someone else OOC and play the game away.

Maybe the ACC leaned on SMU and Syracuse to finish their schedules by scheduling an OOC game against each other?

UConn scheduled a home and home with Wake in 2021. The first game was scheduled for 2024 at Wake, the second in 2028 at UConn.

The order of the games was just changed last week though. The 2024 game will now be played at Storrs. No reason was given.

I am thinking either Wake is hearing the rumors about no away games at G5 schools and wants to do a solid with UConn now, which seems unlikely.

Or something else is driving this.

With the change, if you consider the 2024 SU-UConn game to be a home game, UConn has 8 home games. UConn fans are thinking the Wake game move indicates the Syracuse game will be played at a neutral site.

That might be true. Or maybe it means that they are planning to move the Syracuse game to Syracuse in 2024?

That would imply that the Hawaii game in week zero is not happening and we are going to schedule someone else OOC and play the game away.

Maybe the ACC leaned on SMU and Syracuse to finish their schedules by scheduling an OOC game against each other?

Any update?

The B1G a few years ago added an FCS ban but doesn't seem to enforce it. Not that it matters they still play horrible OOC. Ohio State has Akron, Western Michigan, Marshall OOC next year. No P4.

That was a short lived ban, current rule is G5 are allowed with some (trivial) restrictions. They have a rule you must play one P5 non conference game but are considering dropping that - looks like Ohio St is really confident it’s going to be.

Only rumors, but I heard the UCONN game could be in NYC area on Thanksgiving weekend with a mens and womens basketball doubleheader against UCONN in the Garden. That could be fun?
Doesn't UCONN already play in the NYC area? Personally I hope that SU never plays another game at Yankee Stadium, if that's what you're implying. I'd be down for a game at Met Life though.

Only rumors, but I heard the UCONN game could be in NYC area on Thanksgiving weekend with a mens and womens basketball doubleheader against UCONN in the Garden. That could be fun?
Ehhhh I'm still having nightmares about the last time we tried to mix football and basketball in the same NYC weekend...

BUT- I'm in if it happens

Ehhhh I'm still having nightmares about the last time we tried to mix football and basketball in the same NYC weekend...

BUT- I'm in if it happens

DITTO

Doesn't UCONN already play in the NYC area? Personally I hope that SU never plays another game at Yankee Stadium, if that's what you're implying. I'd be down for a game at Met Life though.

Yankee Stadium games stink. Met Life is too big. I wouldn't mind playing them in the Yale Bowl just to experience a game there.

If the ACC does ban G5 road games, UConn might be forced to play "neutral" games.

Yankee Stadium games stink. Met Life is too big. I wouldn't mind playing them in the Yale Bowl just to experience a game there.

If the ACC does ban G5 road games, UConn might be forced to play "neutral" games.
Neutral site would be okay?

I think this is what UConn has been pressing for very hard.

We know SU AD John Wildhack likes to schedule events in NYC to keep the SU boosters in that area happy. So it could very well happen.

If not Thanksgiving week, perhaps the weekend before?

That would probably be an easier week to get a basketball venue in NYC and I believe UConn is already booked to play their big rival UMass in Amherst on November 30th.

I think this is what UConn has been pressing for very hard.

We know SU AD John Wildhack likes to schedule events in NYC to keep the SU boosters in that area happy. So it could very well happen.

If not Thanksgiving week, perhaps the weekend before?

That would probably be an easier week to get a basketball venue in NYC and I believe UConn is already booked to play their big rival UMass in Amherst on November 30th.
Let’s play them on Kraft Field at Wein.

What do they have there? Like 20k capacity? It’s all the game will need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom