2024 Seating Changes | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Gave them up 3 years ago, I live 4 hours away. At the end of the day, if I had them, I would understand that this is a process that had to happen to have a nicer building and I can still have a great sightline to watch my team.

When I was a student I always sat at the 20, so I wouldn't have been happy if I was in otto's army now. But I get why they're doing it.
Everyone’s situation is different. I waited years to get the seats I currently have. My wife has mobility issues. Now I have to start over. Has nothing to do with sight lines. So maybe people who don’t have season tickets currently, should not be so critical of people who have them and are upset about the possibility of losing them

Everyone’s situation is different. I waited years to get the seats I currently have. My wife has mobility issues. Now I have to start over. Has nothing to do with sight lines. So maybe people who don’t have season tickets currently, should not be so critical of people who have them and are upset about the possibility of losing them
if your wife has mobility issues, then you should ask for ADA seating. That's what it's there for.

They don’t have records that go back very far. They can’t verify “long term donors”.

Essentially their shitty record keeping screwed long time season ticket holders.

There is no doubt in my mind that if they had records going back to the 80s, they’d use them.

The arbitrary “20 year longevity cap” isn’t arbitrary. It’s how long they kept complete records. It seems to coincide with the transition from my favorite chain smoking AD.
That’s exactly what I found out when I went to upgrade my seats back in 1998. I was told I had to prove how long I sat in my prior seats, which was a major pain, who keeps receipts for that long? They didn’t seem to have records detailing back how long you sat in seats. We ended up compromising but it wasn’t correct - lost about 6 years.

Not to change subjects. Anyone know the situation with the seat colors? My understanding was they are blue because they don’t have a matching Orange. But in the pictures, they show two sections of orange seats. But it sounds like those seats are potentially padded? So they could find our colors in padded seats but not regular seats?

Just seams like a lost opportunity that a company couldnt create seats with that same orange color. It would stand out and be a marketing avenue like the blue turf at Boise State. The blue seats will look better, but I worry it may make the dome feel really dark. Not to mention my ultimate concern about decreasing sound because of the diminished noise reflective properties.

The darker seats look a little more modern and every arena has gone that route replacing seats just shows better on TV.

I hated it at first when the (new) Boston Garden went away from the yellow (and crammed more small seats into the same rows) because going back to the old one the seats were always yellow but it does make the building not look dated.

I'd love to, especially this season. Unfortunately I work weekends in the fall and can't make more than a game or two. But know a few STH buddies that can hook me up whenever I go back.
I live in CT and gave them up last year because my wife said “your boys have games on the weekend and you can’t take them out of them to go to the Dome this year.”

So I guess what I’m saying is…I’ll split seasons with you, @bnoro…

I have every bit of data from every system i have written stored in our tables.. Several of those systems have been replaced 2-3-4 times in 40 yrs..

Just a couple weeks ago someone asked a question about data and I produced it and the bosses said how did you do it.. I said because data is cheap why wouldnt I save it. We may not have a fancy front end to display it but i can get it for you..

The stuff on tape is a little harder to get at. We have the tapes but you have to send it to other places to read since we got rid of the machines.

To think it would never be needed or wanted is poor effort on that staff. Its probably data that wouldnt fill a dvd.

I live in CT and gave them up last year because my wife said “your boys have games on the weekend and you can’t take them out of them to go to the Dome this year.”

So I guess what I’m saying is…I’ll split seasons with you, @bnoro…
SU needs to go to digital parking so you can even transfer your parking pass

So here is a question on how this is gonna work..

say you are donor 3000. are we queuing up in order to get seats? #1 goes at some time and gets some slot of time? eventually # 3000 gets to do thier thing? Or are 500 people slotting at a time and its chaos as people try to get seats and seats are not free as they click around the dome?

And how does it work for people who have 4 seats and want 2 more or drop 2? do they do that ahead of time in some way and they get to choose?

If you throw it open to large groups the whole priority thing goes out the window doesnt it?

and still wondering how priority pts work? I thought you got a pt for years up to 20 and then pts for random other stuff? I only see 1 pt for my 35 yrs of seats?

I emailed and called the day this stuff came out and reached out to my ticket person..

Crickets.

how do you control parking with a digital pass that wont be displayed in the car?
You have an app on your smartphone. It displays your parking pass with a code. The attendant reads it with a scanner. Those without smartphones can get paper passes with scanable codes.

You have an app on your smartphone. It displays your parking pass with a code. The attendant reads it with a scanner. Those without smartphones can get paper passes with scanable codes.
the issue is how do you control people who are parking since you no longer have to display the pass inside.

At least with paper you have some mechanism, with digital you have more like the ticket issue where it can only scan once.

now you could scan the plate and the pass to check people. Not sure Syracuse could handle that high tech a solution though.

the opposite happens now with paper though . People park, take the pass and hand it to someone else who drives in and parks. they are lax in some of the lots with the checking, some of that because they cant get the lots empty.

so digital fixes some of the issues. except for the lack of cell phone coverage in some lots.

more preloading of passes again I suppose.

My big question.. with all the new tech.. Are they ever gonna get the 50/50 working like they promised?

the issue is how do you control people who are parking since you no longer have to display the pass inside.

At least with paper you have some mechanism, with digital you have more like the ticket issue where it can only scan once.

now you could scan the plate and the pass to check people. Not sure Syracuse could handle that high tech a solution though.

the opposite happens now with paper though . People park, take the pass and hand it to someone else who drives in and parks. they are lax in some of the lots with the checking, some of that because they cant get the lots empty.

so digital fixes some of the issues. except for the lack of cell phone coverage in some lots.

more preloading of passes again I suppose.
I used Parkmobile at UNC and GaTech. Very easy. Scan and park. They really didn't care about a dash display.

If your car is there on Sunday without a permanent pass maybe they'll tow you.

I really don't think it is an issue to have a paper tag.

Are these new prices based on 6 or 7 home games? Because we don't even know who or where we'll be playing our last OOC game. That better get figured out before they ask people to pay without knowing how many games they are going to get to go to. If we get another home game, will these go up?

did people expect the season tix cost to remain the same? Not trying to stir the pot but I am just asking. When improvements are made most entities to raise the cost of the tickets. Also when you lose seating people are going to have to move around.

Not sure what to expect.
Didn’t we the NYS tax payers pay the $20 million for the seat upgrades though? I’m not complaining, but it’s worth noting.

I’m still in shock I’m not getting credit for 30 years of Tix, mainly because they have no idea/no records Just gotta wrap my head around the notion longevity does not matter. It’s all about money( I should know better)