2024 Seating Changes | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I was referring to this photo recently posted on Twitter by the university and noticed the prison bar railings on the 200 level. x.com
I think the railing you see in that video is in front of the ADA seats on the sidelines, lower level.

If there was it will be getting fixed

I know today they were personally going through the entire Dome and sitting in every seat to make sure they weren’t broken
And you cant even make an intern do it now...

They also hosted the new student event there yesterday too.

I think folks will be happy with the seats, at least in the lower level. Found the leg room to be nice and you dont have to worry about bumping into someone ahead of you now. the seats folding back makes it easy to stand up and let folks past too -- certainly easier than it was with benches. I'll miss being able to bang on the metal for noise though but i'm sure folks around me wont.

And you cant even make an intern do it now...

They also hosted the new student event there yesterday too.

I think folks will be happy with the seats, at least in the lower level. Found the leg room to be nice and you dont have to worry about bumping into someone ahead of you now. the seats folding back makes it easy to stand up and let folks past too -- certainly easier than it was with benches. I'll miss being able to bang on the metal for noise though but i'm sure folks around me wont.
On the flip side of that, I can't tell you how many times over the last 35 years I've hurt my damn hands from slamming them on the back of the bench in front of me after we gave up a big play. Oh, the zingers I've self inflicted.

Is there already a broken seat at the 3 second mark in that video?
I just rewatched...yes it looks broken. You had one stairway to walk up...lol

If these are too thin SU might be replacing seats before many games.

Like anything new...usually some good things and a few not so good things.

On the flip side of that, I can't tell you how many times over the last 35 years I've hurt my damn hands from slamming them on the back of the bench in front of me after we gave up a big play. Oh, the zingers I've self inflicted.
I loved being able to easily climb over the benches though. It made it easy to get around and exit.

I just rewatched...yes it looks broken. You had one stairway to walk up...lol

If these are too thin SU might be replacing seats before many games.

Like anything new...usually some good things and a few not so good things.
is this the one that we think is broken? to me it looks like a seat that is laying against the one installed in row B. its from row A so no idea if that means broken.
seat.jpg

Never sat in a front row of the upperdeck before.. I wonder how the railing effects that view with the new seats as well.

I found it interesting that the dynamic seat view skipped the first row and the last row and starts at like row 3.

Never sat in a front row of the upperdeck before.. I wonder how the railing effects that view with the new seats as well.

I found it interesting that the dynamic seat view skipped the first row and the last row and starts at like row 3.
I sat in the front row of the now student section and loved it. Would’ve replicated it if I could have. The railing was never an issue.

Those visiting the Dome for the first time will notice a number of changes in addition to the seats. Individual seating sections will no longer split across the aisle. Fans looking for their seats for the opener can utilize new signage at the top of each section or touch-screen map stations in the concourse, or these maps to find their seats.

CONCESSIONS:
There are also new concession items available this fall. Returning this Fall, the 100-level concourse will feature two revamped cocktail stands. These cocktails stand are located close to the 50-yard line in the 100 level. A new Family Friendly Meal Deal is the perfect addition to feed your group – it features four hot dogs, four beverages (soda or water) and two popcorn boxes for just $44, a 13-percent discount that families can take advantage of. The meal deal is available at six different locations in the stadium (the Tomato Wheel and Dome Dog locations in the 100-level and both 50-yard line concession stands in the upper concourse). There will be no price increase for the third-straight season to Dome staples such as hot dogs and popcorn, plus fans will see the return of the J&J SuperPretzel.

NAVIGATION ENHANCEMENTS:
An upgraded navigation option is available to get to the Dome. Syracuse University will utilize the Waze app to provide traffic updates on the routes around the venue. Fans are encouraged to download the app and use it to provide the quickest route to their parking lots in real time.

Don't forget to make your way to the Quad for the NYE Auto Quad Walk. An important addition to game day, Head Coach Fran Brown and the Orange will arrive two hours and 15 minutes prior to each game and make their way across the quad in front of Hendricks Chapel before entering the Dome. For fans with parking in the Lally or Skytop lots, a limited bus service will begin three hours prior to kickoff to get you to the quad, with the full fleet service beginning two hours before kick.

Fans utilizing ride share apps to visit the Dome, there will be a designated drop off and pickup location at the Newhouse Circle, which can be accessed at the corner of Waverly Ave. and Crouse Dr.

STUDENTS:
For students, the relocation of the Hidden Level Student Section to the end zone will provide a greater opportunity to impact the game. As part of that, Syracuse Athletics will have student giveaways for every game this fall.

IN-GAME:
Make sure you download the 'Cuse app to be part of interactive fan opportunities. The light shows prior to the team entrance and between the third and fourth quarter provide ways for fans to involve themselves in the action. For more information on the in-game enhancements fans can expect this season, click here.

STADIUM POLICY REMINDERS:
A reminder to everyone who visits the JMA Dome, the facility is a cashless venue at all points of sale, including the box office, concessions and merchandise stands. Additionally, the clear bag policy that was implemented in 2018, remains in effect. For information about what bags are permitted in the stadium, visit this webpage.