2024 Seating Changes | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

It’s based on the priority points within that level. You get extra for how long you held seats but ultimately total donations matter.

That makes sense I just wonder the timing of how they are going to do this. Adam is rated higher than Bill so does the rep call Adam and then Bill? Are we in a Que or the like and when our slot is open we pick?

Considering the plan is going over a period of like 40 days if they go thru weekends. IF you have 15 min windows you could create around 1000 slots.

Then the question we don't know is, if this is Fball STH holders only, or they plan on letting donors for Bball only jump in. Say they dont, which would be the fair thing to do, How many of the 30000 ranked people are in the mix? Lets make it simple 10k Fball/10K Bball/ 10k Both.

20K over 1000 slots so 20 people every 15min.

Considering we only sell 20K ish tickets in each sport 30K of donors seems too high a well.. That would imply with a 2 ticket avg 60K of season tickets and we are closer to 40-50K.

So lets back that down to 10K of Fball people in this thing. I would suspect the higher end seats like suites are not gonna flip around in this process since thats big bucks.

10K over 1000 slots so 10 people every 15min.

Thats doable. Maybe they go to 5 min slots and its like 2-3 every 5 min.

That would give each person pretty much a private window and if you miss it by 15 min not many jump your slot?

Is 10K still too high? Does 2.5 per person seem to low?

Considering the plan is going over a period of like 40 days if they go thru weekends. IF you have 15 min windows you could create around 1000 slots.

Then the question we don't know is, if this is Fball STH holders only, or they plan on letting donors for Bball only jump in. Say they dont, which would be the fair thing to do, How many of the 30000 ranked people are in the mix? Lets make it simple 10k Fball/10K Bball/ 10k Both.

Considering we only sell 20K ish tickets in each sport 30K of donors seems too high a well.. That would imply with a 2 ticket avg 60K of season tickets and we are closer to 40-50K.

So lets back that down to 10K of Fball people in this thing. I would suspect the higher end seats like suites are not gonna flip around in this process since thats big bucks.

That would give each person pretty much a private window and if you miss it by 15 min not many jump your slot?

I'm thinking that's when they start using Frans dartboard.

If you haven’t renewed for football, or made a down payment for new tickets, I assume you won’t be part of the football proces.

Given that normally 80-90% renew I wonder how that changes this yr. Prices are up but so is energy around the program..

Are there people on the donor pool for other reasons than being a STH? Do you stay in the pool when you give up tickets for some reason? It just seems like 30K is too high a number of STHs? Are other sports like Womens or Lax a part of this in some small way?

No doubt it's a complex process with lots of questions and probably not a lot of answers to these questions. I wouldn't want to be one of the ticket representatives and I'm thinking they aren't looking forward to the selection process anymore than we are. No matter how many actual STH's there are actually are, I'm thinking very few of them won't care where their seats end up. Basically everyone has a vested interest in this.

No doubt it's a complex process with lots of questions and probably not a lot of answers to these questions. I wouldn't want to be one of the ticket representatives and I'm thinking they aren't looking forward to the selection process anymore than we are. No matter how many actual STH's there are actually are, I'm thinking very few of them won't care where their seats end up. Basically everyone has a vested interest in this.

I guess when the first person on the board goes we get a real idea on how its going.. Some of us will be sitting around for 2 weeks wondering what will be left..

Given that normally 80-90% renew I wonder how that changes this yr. Prices are up but so is energy around the program..

Are there people on the donor pool for other reasons than being a STH? Do you stay in the pool when you give up tickets for some reason? It just seems like 30K is too high a number of STHs? Are other sports like Womens or Lax a part of this in some small way?
I am a donor and don't live close enough to be a season ticket holder, so yes I imagine there are others.

Based on my understanding,

Anyone who makes a donation to the Athletics Department through the CAF is part of the donor pool. If you’re a supporter of a non-ticketed event like men’s soccer you can certainly be a donor without being a season ticket holder.

If you give up your tickets, it’s the same thing. You can still be a donor. If you don’t contribute at all in a given year you don’t have a donor rank for that year, but I believe you still retain your priority points. If you just make a minimal donation ($44) you have a Donor Rank.
My sense is there may be no more than 8-10.000 unique season ticket accounts for football, almost all with multiple tickets on their account. I am not sure how many accounts each rep handles, there are currently six reps, two development associates (who also manage individual accounts) and a manager. There are additional Legends employees who can assist in the reseating process and I am not sure if there are any open hiring tickets. So I think that over the announced time frame there will be sufficient manpower for highly individualized assistance.

Just my understanding from some personal investigation and not the product of any inside information.

I am a donor and don't live close enough to be a season ticket holder, so yes I imagine there are others.
That brings up the question of people who are not STH jumping ahead of people who have been STH, in this process. I would hope only STH get first dibs then others get in at the end.

Based on my understanding,

Anyone who makes a donation to the Athletics Department through the CAF is part of the donor pool. If you’re a supporter of a non-ticketed event like men’s soccer you can certainly be a donor without being a season ticket holder.

If you give up your tickets, it’s the same thing. You can still be a donor. If you don’t contribute at all in a given year you don’t have a donor rank for that year, but I believe you still retain your priority points. If you just make a minimal donation ($44) you have a Donor Rank.
My sense is there may be no more than 8-10.000 unique season ticket accounts for football, almost all with multiple tickets on their account. I am not sure how many accounts each rep handles, there are currently six reps, two development associates (who also manage individual accounts) and a manager. There are additional Legends employees who can assist in the reseating process and I am not sure if there are any open hiring tickets. So I think that over the announced time frame there will be sufficient manpower for highly individualized assistance.

Just my understanding from some personal investigation and not the product of any inside information.
10K feels like a good number to use as a Base. It may well be like 5k fball 5k bball 5k both within some range. thats 15k and then how many just donate and get pts could be the rest.

That brings up the question of people who are not STH jumping ahead of people who have been STH, in this process. I would hope only STH get first dibs then others get in at the end.
Again, you will not be part of the football reseating process if you are not a renewing season ticket holder or you have placed a deposit for new season tickets. If a new season ticket holder has only placed a deposit they will have a very low donor rank.

One reason the donor page gives people angst is not seeing the whole picture..

If it really showed you how you rank in the process vs how you rank in the whole grand scheme it would tell you more.. The higher up you go the more likely its from people giving money and not from STHs

Again, you will not be part of the football reseating process if you are not a renewing season ticket holder or you have placed a deposit for new season tickets. If a new season ticket holder has only placed a deposit they will have a very low donor rank.
I agree. Those new people of which we know are like 500 reported will go last for the most part.

But with priority pts being broken anyone in the lower 2 groups really has no idea where they stand. Most are tied in the tier together with 1 pt.

A fellow former section 328 friend told me that instead of his usual 5 seats in that section, he's looking to drop down to the 200 level and buy only two seats. Are the 200 level seats in that endzone being taken up by the students as well?

A fellow former section 328 friend told me that instead of his usual 5 seats in that section, he's looking to drop down to the 200 level and buy only two seats. Are the 200 level seats in that endzone being taken up by the students as well?

From the map, it doesn’t appear that they will be in the 200 section

Looks like those will be sold to regular fans

One reason the donor page gives people angst is not seeing the whole picture..

If it really showed you how you rank in the process vs how you rank in the whole grand scheme it would tell you more.. The higher up you go the more likely its from people giving money and not from STHs
I'm in Tier 7 and rank 2800, and of those, 800 rank above me in my tier. However, I am not a football STH, so I'm not even part of the process. But when it comes to picking basketball seats, I probably need to be more concerned with the 800 above me, and not the other 2000. And hope some of them are football onlys.

However difficult the transition is, it will almost certainly be easier than running through every permutation in this post.

I guess when the first person on the board goes we get a real idea on how its going.. Some of us will be sitting around for 2 weeks wondering what will be left..
It'll work out (football)...basketball is going to be much more difficult.

Thanks. KellySyracuse you're safe, for the moment!

Well, I guess I know which area now to target to snipe tickets...

the-simpsons-excellent.gif

Well I'm from 4 hours away in way upstate NY and I make every home game! But to your point, totally correct, not one person I graduated with from my friend group from SU comes back to a game more than once every other year. But we've also had season tix since I was 8, so SU is more than just an alma mater to me. We just dont have the type of alumni base like the land grant state schools do where virtually every grad lives within shouting distance to go to every game. That has long been an issue and why we NEED local support like no other school to fill the dome.
Right, and it’s also why in my opinion those local loyal STHs should not be kicked to the curb for the students