2024 Seating Changes | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

All these things you guys are saying in here would be really great if you told your account reps

If no one says anything, they just assume everyone is okay with it

If they assume everyone is okay with it, they can’t do anything to adjust what they are doing until it’s too late

Anyway, voice your thoughts to your account reps, donation reps etc
Not specific response to your note, but more of a general awareness to all- the ticket rep listed on my donor page is no longer at SU (probably a good thing). Use athsales if you encounter a similar problem. I did let them know.

It has been announced that the seats will be at 18" in the 300 level, and 20" in the 200 and 100 levels. I think there is going to be a lot of griping about how tight those are going to feel. The current bench allocation is 18" per seat, but I assume lots of spreading out has been occurring (why the Dome feels full with only 38k-40k).

Better cut carbs, hit those planks, and skip leg day.
Agree with people that spread out beyond the current 18" allotment. The guy that had the two seats to our right would always do that so we nicknamed him the sideler. We ended up paying for the seat backs each season just so we could have our space.

Agree with people that spread out beyond the current 18" allotment. The guy that had the two seats to our right would always do that so we nicknamed him the sideler. We ended up paying for the seat backs each season just so we could have our space.
I ended up buy four seat backs and only used two of the seats most games. The sliders were not happy. :)

So if midfield is now 101 and 130, does that mean A level is now 2 sections instead of one? That could mean a shakeup for people.

It has been announced that the seats will be at 18" in the 300 level, and 20" in the 200 and 100 levels. I think there is going to be a lot of griping about how tight those are going to feel. The current bench allocation is 18" per seat, but I assume lots of spreading out has been occurring (why the Dome feels full with only 38k-40k).

My current desk chair from work, if i measure where the arms are at their narrowest is 18.5 and i would say that leaves 2-3 inches of total clearance. I am by no means small, but not huge either. Some will find it constricting but it will be small number..

Most normal airline seats are in that 17.-18 in range.

movie seats are about 22 mid arm rest to mid arm rest which would be about like a work chair

300 sections have been reduced from 34 seats across to 32.

Lettered A to Z, then AA to DD.

to go from 34 to 32 thats 2 seats lost even if you allow 20 inches that 40 inches less spread out over 32 so each seat got just over 1 inch wider except that you now have arm rests? so did they really get 1-2 inches smaller?

Wow. 18” seats. Airline seats are 17 inches. The upper deck is going to be uncomfortable for many. An 18 in allocation is a whole lot different than an 18” hard stop.

to go from 34 to 32 thats 2 seats lost even if you allow 20 inches that 40 inches less spread out over 32 so each seat got just over 1 inch wider except that you now have arm rests? so did they really get 1-2 inches smaller?
I thought I heard the 300 level would have no arm rests . Not certain on that.

images

Me too. I didn't get any answers from my ticket rep at my lounge meeting. It was a waste of my time. I've had 4 seats for 20+ years and really disappointed with the lack of communication to STH for this whole process. I did what they asked, meet with our Rep, and I didn't get any further information. Just a lot of "should be good" "most likely". In this day and age it amazes me the lack of communication skills with our athletic department. It so frustrating.
My rep didn't even show up for my lounge meeting. Said he had an emergency in Club 44 and would touch base with me about the new seating. That was Labor Day weekend.

My rep didn't even show up for my lounge meeting. Said he had an emergency in Club 44 and would touch base with me about the new seating. That was Labor Day weekend.
You weren’t missing much. I got frustrated at mine and finally walked up to a couple of gentleman wearing nice suites and started asking them questions. They then introduced me to my rep.

There was no presentation or anything, nice food though. I wasn’t about to have walked the entire opposite side of the Dome for nothing though, and I wanted to get back to our seats before the 3Q started.

I thought I heard the 300 level would have no arm rests . Not certain on that.
I think someone did mention that.. so spillage will still be possible just no arms or cup holders and lots of falling as people jump over chair backs to move between rows.

I think someone did mention that.. so spillage will still be possible just no arms or cup holders and lots of falling as people jump over chair backs to move between rows.

There are no arm rests in the 300 level

There will be no cup holders on any of the levels

No arm rests in the 300s right? Just making sure I can still sprawl out and play Wordle in the 2nd half when we’re down 10-3 against Rutgers.

the worst part about seats is that with the bench you can get your dome dog and Ginger ale and set it next to you on the empty bench. Not so easy with seats and the less flat surface.

Also you could hide your drink below the bench when people walk by, now the seats will flip up and people will kick the drinks over..

I wonder if they make a portable spring loaded cup holder device?