2024 Seating Changes | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

They obviously believe that they have sufficient demand to fill the reduced number of seats available starting with level A and maybe, B. What doesn't make sense is to ask people to pay in full without the concurrent right to pick a seat and know what you're getting for your money. They know what our donor ranks/points are today. Why the mystery musical chairs?

did people expect the season tix cost to remain the same? Not trying to stir the pot but I am just asking. When improvements are made most entities to raise the cost of the tickets. Also when you lose seating people are going to have to move around.

Not sure what to expect.

did people expect the season tix cost to remain the same? Not trying to stir the pot but I am just asking. When improvements are made most entities to raise the cost of the tickets. Also when you lose seating people are going to have to move around.

Not sure what to expect.
I certainly expected to pay more, and I was fine with it. I just didn’t anticipate a 3x increase. We have a section of 25-30 friends and family who have been together for years. It is going to split us up. That’s what sucks the most. Even if I am willing to pay up to stay where I’m at I know for a fact most of my group won’t be able to afford staying there.

The CAF wont allow me to make a donation online right now. Anyone know why? TY

They do have extra points built in there for longevity but if someone wants to pony up enough money to be ahead of you in picking, they certainly will have that ability

Those extra points are 1 point per year you have been a STH with a cap of 20 years/points. And as you know, it only helps you within your donor level meaning how much did you give me this year. You could have a million priority points, everyone in a donor level above you picks seats before you. And again, donor level is based only on how much you gave me this current year.

So am I hearing him right. If someone with donor rank higher than mine wants the seats we've been in for 15 years, they can just have them? And I then pick from what's left when my number on the donor rank is up?
Yes. And they have them forever and ever.

Yes. And they have them forever and ever.

Yup they could drop down their donation after that

I encourage if you are angry, contact the box office

Let them know. The only way to get change is in numbers…

It won’t be with the way they are doing the seating because it’s too far gone at this point, but maybe we can lower the blow from the student section movement

Last edited:
The CAF wont allow me to make a donation online right now. Anyone know why? TY

I can't even get past the Terms of Use popup right now.

Performance issues all day.

Website isn't working well either.

Yup they could drop down their donation after that

I encourage if you are angry, contact the box office

Let them know. The only way to get change is in numbers…

It won’t be with the way they are doing the seating because it’s too far gone at this point, but maybe we can lower the blow from the student section movement
Make sure you find the right email address because somebody I know who is very heated called me and said they tried the address they had listed to contact and their email got kicked back as unavailable. Hahahaha

Those extra points are 1 point per year you have been a STH with a cap of 20 years/points. And as you know, it only helps you within your donor level meaning how much did you give me this year. You could have a million priority points, everyone in a donor level above you picks seats before you. And again, donor level is based only on how much you gave me this current year.
My donor point total is based on this years donation, lifetime donations to both Syracuse University and Syracuse Athletics as well as Legends Society donation. So it's not just based on this years. Still really sucks to lose your seats that you have had forever. Saw it coming though. It will probably all work it's way out.

Make sure you find the right email address because somebody I know who is very heated called me and said they tried the address they had listed to contact and their email got kicked back as unavailable. Hahahaha
Use athsales at syr dot edu- my rep left (not a loss) and their bounceback sent me here, which got me a new rep assigned. He's been responsive.

I have a call with them tomorrow and will share if I learn anything. Ultimately, the AD is asking all of us to take a big leap of faith in paying for tickets for unknown seats, in some instances (especially basketball) at a significant premium over last year. Obviously supply and demand play a part , but there has to be a refund mechanism if you ultimately don't like what inventory is available (or if there is no inventory available at your price point!) when your number is called...

If the football team is winning and the program is back it will lessen this blow for some. Easier to accept change if Syracuse becomes a conference contender.

Road sideline prices went down.

I still think the 4 corners should be for students. They are less desirable seats. It also spreads out the student atmosphere which is a good thing. So let the opponent fans have the corner near their tunnel for safety reasons, then the band the opposite road team corner, with students in the two home corners. Overflow is upper deck corners. See like a win for all and still isn’t too late to pull off a change.

My donor point total is based on this years donation, lifetime donations to both Syracuse University and Syracuse Athletics as well as Legends Society donation. So it's not just based on this years. Still really sucks to lose your seats that you have had forever. Saw it coming though. It will probably all work it's way out.

This is where you are wrong

They aren’t using points first

They are using your giving level first (all American, varsity, etc,)

That is based solely on how much you have given in the last year

Then within each giving level, it will go by your points/donor rank

Reality the process should have started with your donor rank

With donor rank it counts $$$$$ given in a lifetime and also for the year. You could than had given bonus points for longevity.

This would have been the easiest and fairest way to go forward and still encourage people to give more $$$

Why Syracuse athletics did NOT use that, is absolutely beyond me. This has been a fight for a year plus that a few of us on this board have been trying to fight but fell into mostly death ears.

Last edited:

Yes all those contribute to your priority points. You are correct. But what I’m saying is the donor level you are, all conference, all American, ACC champion etc is based upon how much you gave this year. Your priority points and longevity bonus points only help you within your donor level.

IMO BBall historically has been very underpriced by SU. That is not the case anymore. My seats that cost $1260 each in 2021-22 will now cost $1900 each. That is a $640 increase per seat, which is over 50%. It will be very interesting with the team being down the last few years to see if that huge jump in price causes a bunch of empty seats mid court.

FB fans should not complain.

I’m coming for ya, Kelly!
I almost gave you the dreaded formally ladies eighties shoe although I wouldn't mind having friends sitting next to us. I don't mind moving sections, I just want to stay in the front row and would pay extra for convenience. There is no way one of our ticket holders can navigate a tightly spaced row and he doesn't want to get an ADA seat and sit by himself.

Correct. Money is due before the actual seat selection in may/june. The rumor is though they will accommodate refund request.
That was an immediate concern I had...

I almost gave you the dreaded formally ladies eighties shoe although I wouldn't mind having friends sitting next to us. I don't mind moving sections, I just want to stay in the front row and would pay extra for convenience. There is no way one of our ticket holders can navigate a tightly spaced row and he doesn't want to get an ADA seat and sit by himself.
This is partly why I moved. I can't get to the middle of the row after going to the rest room. Not past a lot of drunks. So I have been 4-5 seats from the aisle.