2024 Seating Changes | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

How many people ever give money other than by buying tickets. Other than this board I don't know anybody with STs that has ever donated money in anyway but have had tickets for years.

Yes very true in previous years

However, the sales reps have been directed to tell people to donate extra money to try and get ahead of others and get the best possible selection

But perhaps people won’t listen, I doubt it, especially with the scramble of moving the student section

I know I’ll be donating extra to try and jump some people to try and get into my new desired section I want

You should be able to see yours. I just logged in and saw mine. Try going this route. Don’t use a bookmark.

now that works.. But how would you find it off the cuse.com site?

so given that i do have a score..

Is everyone within a donor rank level then sorted by priority pts?

"Your Annual Giving Level will be taken into consideration first, and then your Priority Point total will be used to determine your rank within your Annual Giving Level"

but it looks like priority is pts for a yr now for actually having seats for awhile?

its also donor rank across sports.. Many of the people dont have both fball and bball tickets so they wont care about ranking unless its for the sport they want.

I think that’s why it really won’t matter for many folks.

It's the lack of information right now and uncertainty that is driving the angst. Or if you have seats that are going to students…then you know you’re screwed. Only other ones who could be really upset are folks in the new premium seats behind the bench. But that’s not a huge area so folks can move up or over slightly. Most people will be fine.

I agree the lack of information out there and then dropping a bomb about the student section has been a not so great move and is causing people’s tensions to be high about this

Yes very true in previous years

However, the sales reps have been directed to tell people to donate extra money to try and get ahead of others and get the best possible selection

But perhaps people won’t listen, I doubt it, especially with the scramble of moving the student section

I know I’ll be donating extra to try and jump some people to try and get into my new desired section I want
how would you even know what do donate though?

there are 31K of donors ranked.

from that it could 20K are because of bball or 20k for fball we dont know that?

Unless you jump from Varsity to captain its all priority pts isnt it?

you could drop $400 to jump up and really dont know if it will move you at all. it could move you a good chunk or nothing. Its just an implied guess.

There are 31000 donors
given you know your rank and how many are in your level you can imply 20+ thousand are captain or no rank if thats possible.

Last edited:

so given that i do have a score..

Is everyone within a donor rank level then sorted by priority pts?

"Your Annual Giving Level will be taken into consideration first, and then your Priority Point total will be used to determine your rank within your Annual Giving Level"

but it looks like priority is pts for a yr now for actually having seats for awhile?

Giving level will be how much you have donated in the last year, in this case from October until May.

That is criteria number one….

so how that will look…

Everyone in Director of Athletics group will choose first and then down to hall of fame and so forth…

So this is the order that it will be

1 Director of Athletics Cabinet$50,000
2 Hall of Fame$25,000
3 National Champion$10,000
4 ACC Champion$5,000
5 All-American$2,500
6 All-Conference$1,000
7 Captain$500
8 Varsity$100
9 Orange Teammate

Then, within EACH of those groups they will look at your priority points. These priority points will put you in order 1-???(however many people are in your group)

Where you will see a lot of people jump is by donating an extra $100 or $200 to get out of captain and into All conference. If you do that, even if you have less priority points than someone who has had season tickets for 20 years, you will be ahead of them, no matter what

From the main menu on the left, select "Tickets"

Select "Mycuse account"

From the top menu, select "More", then "Cuse Athletics Fund", then "My Donor Rank".

Select "Mycuse account"

From the top menu, select "More", then "Cuse Athletics Fund", then "My Donor Rank".
geesh.. given a couple hours I might have clicked that link eventually.

given my rough math, it looks like there are 4000 people in in captain and above 3300 in Varsity and 24000 in orange team mate or lower if thats possible?

Now this is also just people who have the accts.. how many tickets on avg would be interesting number but its probably 2-4.

If its 4 that means 16000 tickets max would be gone before people in the varsity level get to start picking,

some subset dont by fball in that group so its more likely 10-12k at most are gone before people in varsity..

Thats much of the lower bowl .

Now people could dontate $400 to jump up to captain and see what it gives them but it may not do as much as people think?

Select "Mycuse account"

Using the Cuse app cuts those steps in half

I can see my donor rank as always right now. I’m at 5600 out of 30k which is surprising as I’m only at the Varsity level. Isn’t it the lower the better?

How many people ever give money other than by buying tickets. Other than this board I don't know anybody with STs that has ever donated money in anyway but have had tickets for years.

Every season ticket includes a donation.

I can see my donor rank as always right now. I’m at 5600 out of 30k which is surprising as I’m only at the Varsity level. Isn’t it the lower the better?
How long have you had season Tix for?

Just went to see my donor rank, what was there yesterday is now gone.

Giving level will be how much you have donated in the last year, in this case from October until May.

That is criteria number one….

so how that will look…

Everyone in Director of Athletics group will choose first and then down to hall of fame and so forth…

So this is the order that it will be

1 Director of Athletics Cabinet$50,000
2 Hall of Fame$25,000
3 National Champion$10,000
4 ACC Champion$5,000
5 All-American$2,500
6 All-Conference$1,000
7 Captain$500
8 Varsity$100
9 Orange Teammate

Then, within EACH of those groups they will look at your priority points. These priority points will put you in order 1-???(however many people are in your group)

Where you will see a lot of people jump is by donating an extra $100 or $200 to get out of captain and into All conference. If you do that, even if you have less priority points than someone who has had season tickets for 20 years, you will be ahead of them, no matter what
See. You don’t need me. Perfectly described.

Donor Rank system was developed to prioritize granting of annual benefits like preferred parking or post season ticket allocation. In my opinion it falls apart when using it for a perennial benefit like renewable seat location. With Giving Level 100% based on current year, someone can make a one time donation, move into a higher level and jump ahead of donors with longer and often higher lifetime support. It would be one thing if they were obligated to repeat that higher giving level for as long as they renew those seats, but that is not the case. The risk is they can now simply renew those seats in perpetuity, displacing the fan who has been a more generous supporter in the past and may be into the future. Seems like a real lose-lose to me as it potentially treats the long term fan poorly and runs the risk of alienating a portion of your fan base. I still expect that the majority of us will be alright for football but fear a major impact for basketball.
I have had numerous conversations about this with multiple members of the Athletics Department and repeated my concerns in an interview on the local news yesterday, but it seems the die has been cast.

Last edited:
Just checked my account. No donor rank and no donations shown. BS. I actually gave a donation in the fall to move up a donation level and now it’s not there. Back to zero
This has been an issue for a while. I don’t think they have a test instance available so when they try to tweak the system it shows inaccurate data until reset. I strongly suggested a banner on the splash page when this is happening. I currently have no donor rank.
One of the other things that I haven’t seen mentioned is that donations to individual sports DO NOT count toward giving level. They do accrue Priority Points but only general donations affect giving level which, as stated, is the primary criterion. I can’t understand that one at all.

geesh.. given a couple hours I might have clicked that link eventually.
I honestly just google it and it brings me right to it. I've learned Google is better than most of the site designs out there.

This has been an issue for a while. I don’t think they have a test instance available so when they try to tweak the system it shows inaccurate data until reset. I strongly suggested a banner on the splash page when this is happening. I currently have no donor rank.
One of the other things that I haven’t seen mentioned is that donations to individual sports DO NOT count toward giving level. They do accrue Priority Points but only general donations affect giving level which, as stated, is the primary criterion. I can’t understand that one at all.
Correct. I posted about this in the fall and it was my biggest gripe. They're trying to get people to donate to the CAF vs. individual sports. If you get the long explanation, it makes sense. But it's buried on the website and they still should have included it in the overall total for this process.

I feel like they've tried to emphasize that a bit more since I got annoyed at them but maybe I'm taking more credit than I should.

I'm not sure I understand priority points. I thought they were somehow taking into consideration the length of time you've been loyal. Although I've been going my whole life, I've had seasons in my name for 17 years. That has to count for something.

Donor Rank system was developed to prioritize granting of annual benefits like preferred parking or post season ticket allocation. In my opinion it falls apart when using it for a perennial benefit like renewable seat location. With Giving Level 100% based on current year, someone can make a one time donation, move into a higher level and jump ahead of donors with longer and often higher lifetime support. It would be one thing if they were obligated to repeat that higher giving level for as long as they renew those seats, but that is not the case. The risk is they can now simply renew those seats in perpetuity, displacing the fan who has been a more generous supporter in the past and may be into the future. Seems like a real lose-lose to me as it potentially treats the long term fan poorly and runs the risk of alienating a portion of your fan base. I still expect that the majority of us will be alright for football but fear a major impact for basketball.
I have had numerous conversations about this with multiple members of the fan base and repeated my concerns in an interview on the local news yesterday, but it seems the die has been cast.

Agree with this. To really guarantee a seat, you'd have to make a LARGE donation to jump into the top tiers. I doubt many folks are doing that -- if they are, they're probably repeat donors anyways or will be repeat going forward. And if someone wants to drop 10k to move up and doesn't do it again, hey, those are the breaks. But that won't be many folks.

I agree on basketball there will be more angst and movement.

Thank god Fran was hired and is recruiting so well. Imagine doing this with a lame duck Dino?

I'm not sure I understand priority points. I thought they were somehow taking into consideration the length of time you've been loyal. Although I've been going my whole life, I've had seasons in my name for 17 years. That has to count for something.
It does but only within your donation group. So if you're at a lower tier, it may help you move up against people in that tier. But if someone is above you in a tier, it won't matter.

I have had numerous conversations about this with multiple members of the fan base and repeated my concerns in an interview on the local news yesterday, but it seems the die has been cast.

Back in the day you had to buy your way into preferred seating. You had to commit $X over 5 years with the amount tied to the level. Something like that would at least somewhat protect the existing STHs.

It sounds like you will be awarded additional priority points based on longevity for this process. I don’t believe the mechanics have been announced yet and based on the inaccuracy on the Donor Rank page this morning I am guessing it is being tested.
But keep in mind, priority points only affect sorting within your giving level. Additional points will not enable you to jump to the next giving level which is based 100% on current year donations.