2024 Seating Changes | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I've been sitting at the top of 117 for football and the bottom on 308 for basketball since the Dome opened. I'm thinking of going for an upgrade on both since my financial resources at 70 are better than they were at 26. But I like to be above the action. I may try for a move to the top of 118, closer to midfield for football and the bottom of 211 for basketball.

I'm bummed the seats won't be ready by the Spring game as they are starting right after it. Would have liked to see the whole thing live before deciding what seats to pick in May.

I've been sitting at the top of 117 for football and the bottom on 308 for basketball since the Dome opened. I'm thinking of going for an upgrade on both since my financial resources at 70 are better than they were at 26. But I like to be above the action. I may try for a move to the top of 118, closer to midfield for football and the bottom of 211 for basketball.
I’ve been row W in section 117.

These guys are in ZZTop

dBwiWf5M_400x400.jpg

I like being opposite the coaching staff and players. You have a better view of what’s going on.
Agree completely. We are in 319 Row A on the aisle and love the seats. No one in fromt of us and perfect view of the entire SU sideline. Tommy Cutlets' dad used to sit in that section near the top for the same reason.

Section ZZ10 is over in the ESF parking Lot.

No, It's right up against the wall. You can't block anyone's view and nobody can spill beer on your coat, (except for the deck above).

I wonder when the Donor ranking update ever occurs. From what I was last told its a manual thing, maybe its not even part of a database online, just a static entry on your own acct page?

I wonder when the Donor ranking update ever occurs. From what I was last told its a manual thing, maybe its not even part of a database online, just a static entry on your own acct page?

I believe the update will happen in April or so and then another one approx a month after.

That way people can see where they fall for donor rank etc.

Think about it, if they did it now, not everyone that’s going to renew has, so your donor rank might be much higher than it really is. So someone might check it now and think they are in great spot, only to check it when seat selection comes and find they have fallen 100s of spots and be angry at Syracuse. In reality it wouldn’t be the athletic departments fault, it would be just simply because others finally renews that had not yet renewed up until that point.

The Athletic department is truly trying to do everything they can to try and please as many people as possible.

They should be applauded for that

I believe the update will happen in April or so and then another one approx a month after.

Think about it, if they did it now, not everyone that’s going to renew has, so your donor rank might be much higher than it really is. So someone might check it now and think they are in great spot, only to check it when seat selection comes and find they have fallen 100s of spots and be angry at Syracuse. In reality it wouldn’t be the athletic departments fault, it would be just simply because others finally renews that had not yet renewed up until that point.

The Athletic department is truly trying to do everything they can to try and please as many people as possible.

People are just waiting for a slip up that affects them so they can rage and say the AD screwed it up. When in reality this has been one of the more impressive ticketing rollouts under the circumstances that I've seen.

I think thats backwards thinking.. Why are they asking you to renew now then?

Some people will look now and thing they are in a good spot and then find out they have been passed by 500 because they renewed next month. Thats going to happen whether they show the ranking or not.

Some people will forget to look again until seat time. Some wont. Some will see donating more moves them up.

Are you saying its too hard for them to email people with their ranking to keep them informed during a crazy period for seating?

Your ranking gets locked before seat allocation anyway.

If I knew my current real ranking I would probably renew and they would have had my money for months ahead of time. I would see where I rank and then decide to donate if I wanted, maybe I buy extra tickets. But since its static, no real reason to give them money until the last week or so.

They could get real creative and show % renewed accts info, but I am sure they dont want to give out that data unless it made things look real good on that front.

From what I was told the info had been passed from Athletics to Side arm long ago. It probable to think some % of it is stale as well.

We cant even get the real info on the priority pts , which will also drive much of whats going to happen beyond the donor ranking.

Agree. The longevity bonus is being applied outside the system and being credited piecemeal, so unless they froze donor rank there would be no validity to the numbers at all. Had to do it. And I was told it should be live sometime in early March, but they are usually pretty optimistic with their estimates.

I think thats backwards thinking.. Why are they asking you to renew now then?

Some people will look now and thing they are in a good spot and then find out they have been passed by 500 because they renewed next month. Thats going to happen whether they show the ranking or not.

Some people will forget to look again until seat time. Some wont. Some will see donating more moves them up.

Are you saying its too hard for them to email people with their ranking to keep them informed during a crazy period for seating?

Your ranking gets locked before seat allocation anyway.

If I knew my current real ranking I would probably renew and they would have had my money for months ahead of time. I would see where I rank and then decide to donate if I wanted, maybe I buy extra tickets. But since its static, no real reason to give them money until the last week or so.

They could get real creative and show % renewed accts info, but I am sure they dont want to give out that data unless it made things look real good on that front.

From what I was told the info had been passed from Athletics to Side arm long ago. It probable to think some % of it is stale as well.

We cant even get the real info on the priority pts , which will also drive much of whats going to happen beyond the donor ranking.
They are not asking you to renew now. They are asking you to renew by May 1. They are allowing you to renew now so you can take ad of the eight part payment plans.

Agree. The longevity bonus is being applied outside the system and being credited piecemeal, so unless they froze donor rank there would be no validity to the numbers at all. Had to do it. And I was told it should be live sometime in early March, but they are usually pretty optimistic with their estimates.
Thats what I heard as well.. Seemed like take care of the priority customers first, which make sense.

People are just waiting for a slip up that affects them so they can rage and say the AD screwed it up. When in reality this has been one of the more impressive ticketing rollouts under the circumstances that I've seen.
Given what data they have to work with, yes. But I still cant give them a pass for not having season ticket information pre - 2000.

Given what data they have to work with, yes. But I still cant give them a pass for not having season ticket information pre - 2000.
I can’t blame any of the current SUAD staff for losing the season ticket holder history.

Pretty sure that happened under a different AD. It is a shame though.

They only needed to track donor history and season ticket holder history. They apparently lost both long term. Not good.

Given when this started they could have captured all the data from the 50s-90s on fiche that would fit in a small box.. By then they should have been on digital as well at worst in spreadsheets or something? Someone had to decide they didnt care about tracking the data at some point to actually lose it.

agree 100%. the seating is changing which means some adjustments will need to be made and there are going to be some unknowns at this point