2024 Seating Changes | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I just got off the phone with my Rep. Donor rank is based on donations made this year only. Doesn't matter if you are renewing after having tickets for 1 year or for 30 years. Only looking at this years donation. Priority points are based on how long you have been a ticket holder and past donations
Donations are for this year only yes but unless I’m mistaken they’re doing a $ grab from it and the process, so it is indeed a bit of a cluster. If I’m wrong after I hear back, again, from my rep I will be happy to come back and take this down.

Here’s how it’s a $ grab based on what I have been told previously. It’s just amazing to me They couldn’t figure out their system to work it out otherwise, but here is the gist.

Since they are dangling the carrot of donations and priority points to improve your seat selection position and number, I indeed would like to increase my giving level/donation to the next level to improve the number and position I would get for the seat selection.

This by for the new upcoming season adding more AND better seats overall using the “donation” part of the ticket(s) price(s) to add them up and get over the threshold that way to get to the next level of giving.

That was not allowed as with the ticket reselection reseating process they would not allow it (again adding more seats/better seats and using the “donation” part of those tix as the credit used, used as donation(s) to get up to the next level).

Instead they’re only allowing us (until May 1), to “renew” with whatever we had for seats from last year only and be credited with the donations part from them instead (which in my case is fewer tix much lower $ wise not enough to get over the desired threshold).

So now if I want to get to the next level of giving to improve my seat selection number, I’ll need to make a substantial donation above and beyond the already substantial donation I’ve made for this year.

That’s the definition of a $ grab, dangling the carrot out there to and for everyone who wants to improve their number, then not having a system in place to be able to apply a new situation with extra seats, as mentioned, and instead requiring extra donations on top of the tickets you get later to get there, this as the ONLY way with extra $ "donated" to get there instead as I describe above.

And furthermore, from what I understand whatever that extra $ donation is, it will not be refunded. Finally, as mentioned then we’ll add the new tix added in May with the substantial donation(s) part(s) associated with them on top of all that as well.

Again, that sure feels like a $ grab cluster imho (again will be happy to find out I’m wrong and take this down if so). And no, I am sure I will just end up donating even more for whatever it takes and is required to get there, but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, as usual.

Last edited:
It still would be nice to know where you rank in your level. that is the biggest bang for the money in the lower 4 levels.

2 more updates after today over the 8 days before it locks.

Interesting that they said renewals were going well but based on the number I am now many have not renewed at all.

At this point if you add up everyone at my level I passed and everyone at the level above me I still moved way more than even that.

Are BBall tickets from 23-24 part of this donation pool or not because that alone would explain a big chunk of the differences from the rankings on the 2023 page. It would make it more fair money wise to people who just have FB seasons to not lump the BB in the money side of the donations but give them the priority pts. OF course the BB/FB people would want it that way.

Another way to look at it is how many STH seats are there in this process. The lower bowl is sold at a much higher level than the upper. what is the seat split roughly 15k lower decks 1 and 2 vs 30K upperdeck?

then remove the student seats. so 10K of STH at an avg of 4 seats thats 2500 then 10-15k in the upper another 3-4K . would 6500 unique FB STH be a low guess?

We know there are about 10-11K total STH across the sports.

Not really, a lot of people wait forever to renew

The only reason there is a big push this year, this early, is because of the reseating

This is just a reminder to all who had season tickets last year

You MUST RENEW BY MAY 1ST IN ORDER TO BE IN THE SEAT SELECTION PROCESS

If you don’t renew by then, you WILL NOT be selecting at your slotted time as they will count that as you giving up your seasons

Last edited:
This is just a reminder to all who had season tickets last year

You MUST RENEW BY MAY 1ST IN ORDER TO BE IN THE SEAT SELECTION PROCESS

If you don’t renew by then, you WILL NOT be selecting at your slotted time as they will count that as you giving having seasons
Funny enough I thought I had done that. Looked over the weekend and hadn’t. Oops.

I have my ranking though I'm really not sure where that places me relatively speaking. Again I'm not worried, there's not a bad seat in the house.

The should have separated the processes. Have the deadline for the ticket renewal then have a 2nd deadline for the donation renewal. That would allow more people to have a real idea of what they can control of the process. Lots of people will renew, way less will donate extra money. You may see a huge change on May 1st in your spot to pick at one level and very little change in your spot if you're in another level.

Going by my number I have no idea if 75% have renewed and I am in a good spot or 25% have renewed and I will be passed by thousands.

Now we are picking blind and while $500-$1000 is not huge money it's enough to make me want to know if its going to give me some value when I do it.

I have my ranking though I'm really not sure where that places me relatively speaking. Again I'm not worried, there's not a bad seat in the house.
Even harder to tell now because you don't know the ranking inside a donor level. Before you at least had a close idea how much the donation was moving you when you donated to change donor levels.

Donations are for this year only yes but unless I’m mistaken they’re doing a $ grab from it and the process, so it is indeed a bit of a cluster. If I’m wrong after I hear back, again, from my rep I will be happy to come back and take this down.

Here’s how it’s a $ grab based on what I have been told previously. It’s just amazing to me They couldn’t figure out their system to work it out otherwise, but here is the gist.

Since they are dangling the carrot of donations and priority points to improve your seat selection position and number, I indeed would like to increase my giving level/donation to the next level to improve the number and position I would get for the seat selection.

This by for the new upcoming season adding more AND better seats overall using the “donation” part of the ticket(s) price(s) to add them up and get over the threshold that way to get to the next level of giving.

That was not allowed as with the ticket reselection reseating process they would not allow it (again adding more seats/better seats and using the “donation” part of those tix as the credit used, used as donation(s) to get up to the next level).

Instead they’re only allowing us (until May 1), to “renew” with whatever we had for seats from last year only and be credited with the donations part from them instead (which in my case is fewer tix much lower $ wise not enough to get over the desired threshold).

So now if I want to get to the next level of giving to improve my seat selection number, I’ll need to make a substantial donation above and beyond the already substantial donation I’ve made for this year.

That’s the definition of a $ grab, dangling the carrot out there to and for everyone who wants to improve their number, then not having a system in place to be able to apply a new situation with extra seats, as mentioned, and instead requiring extra donations on top of the tickets you get later to get there, this as the ONLY way with extra $ "donated" to get there instead as I describe above.

And furthermore, from what I understand whatever that extra $ donation is, it will not be refunded. Finally, as mentioned then we’ll add the new tix added in May with the substantial donation(s) part(s) associated with them on top of all that as well.

Again, that sure feels like a $ grab cluster imho (again will be happy to find out I’m wrong and take this down if so). And no, I am sure I will just end up donating even more for whatever it takes and is required to get there, but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, as usual.
people were allowed to by extra seats at their current rate though, if you wanted to play that game. Then you can change your mind on that during the actual renewal if not happy.

people were allowed to by extra seats at their current rate though, if you wanted to play that game. Then you can change your mind on that during the actual renewal if not happy.

They weren’t allowed to buy extra seats at their current rate.

If you were buying new seats, they charged you the $99 rate. Which only comes with a $44 donation per ticket.

When you select your seat on your selection day, you will be charged the full amount for that ticket and it will be do IMMEDIATELY and CAN NOT go on a payment plan

It’s in the school’s interest for there to be some ambiguity here. They want people donating. I think they’ve tried to balance the needs for transparency with driving donations for the renovation (and giving folks the opportunity to move up).

The reality is most current season ticket holders will be happy with the selection they’re offered when they go. I’ll be surprised if there are that many folks unhappy. But if you want to be sure, you can pay up.

It’s in the school’s interest for there to be some ambiguity here. They want people donating. I think they’ve tried to balance the needs for transparency with driving donations for the renovation (and giving folks the opportunity to move up).

The reality is most current season ticket holders will be happy with the selection they’re offered when they go. I’ll be surprised if there are that many folks unhappy. But if you want to be sure, you can pay up.
Absolutely agree. There was a major panic within my tailgate group when they instituted the annual parking selection process and we jumped through hoops to ensure all the core people were taken care of. When all was said and done, we really didn’t need to do a thing as everyone who had previously had a spot qualified to keep their spot. Human nature to assume the worst when something is unknown I suppose.

Yeah. I wonder if the new page is the real new page? If so, not as useful since you cant see a real ranking.

My level jumped a ton which doesn't feel right unless the Donor rank is some variation of what it used to be?

Just by looking at raw numbers several thousand people disappeared in the rankings for me to jump that much. Or the number is really a level ranking and several hundred people jumped into the level and everyone has tons of priority pts?
May be some have yet to renew. It will change multiple times by 5/1.

Not really, a lot of people wait forever to renew

The only reason there is a big push this year, this early, is because of the reseating
Yea having great end zone seats and getting flipped out of them for the student section swap is a bit unsettling and has me following everything closely.

Those not renewing in protest do at your own peril. We get it. The apple cart has been upset. We as fans (most) wanted individual seats. I was cool with benches though in the 300s...but going in with an open mind with individual seats. Leg room is my biggest need...Hopefully the 300 sections are done right.

Go Orange!

Those not renewing in protest do at your own peril. We get it. The apple cart has been upset. We as fans (most) wanted individual seats. I was cool with benches though in the 300s...but going in with an open mind with individual seats. Leg room is my biggest need...Hopefully the 300 sections are done right.

Go Orange!
I still don’t get the geometry of the legroom with the seats in the 300 section. My knees are in the back of the person ahead of me no matter how far back I put my butt on the bench. Maybe the angle of the seat will move seating position down a bit which should give more legroom?

But why would you donate not knowing if it would make a difference? Based on where I was last week I could have gone up a level for about $1250. My guess is I would only go up around 100 spots in the pecking order though so it isn't worth it. I think I am high enough. But with more transparency I might see that jump is actually 200 spots and deem the extra donation worthy. Right now I am completely blind. I have no donor rank after the update, which makes no sense given that I am currently in the ACC Champion level and have had season tickets for 25 years.

Yea having great end zone seats and getting flipped out of them for the student section swap is a bit unsettling and has me following everything closely.

Oh yeah, I am right there with you.

Lost my seats in 127.

Hoping to find new seats, somewhere, that work…

But why would you donate not knowing if it would make a difference? Based on where I was last week I could have gone up a level for about $1250. My guess is I would only go up around 100 spots in the pecking order though so it isn't worth it. I think I am high enough. But with more transparency I might see that jump is actually 200 spots and deem the extra donation worthy. Right now I am completely blind. I have no donor rank after the update, which makes no sense given that I am currently in the ACC Champion level and have had season tickets for 25 years.
You have no donor rank now or no donor rank within your level? I see an overall rank when I log in and it tells me what level I'm at.

You have no donor rank now or no donor rank within your level? I see an overall rank when I log in and it tells me what level I'm at.

I have no donor rank at all after the update. I also renewed yesterday so I assume that is part of the issue, but I should still have what was there last week. Based on my prior years I think I am in a really good spot, but it would be nice to know before May.

I have no donor rank at all after the update. I also renewed yesterday so I assume that is part of the issue, but I should still have what was there last week. Based on my prior years I think I am in a really good spot, but it would be nice to know before May.
Ah yes. Not renewing is what caused it. You’ll see a new level before May. They are updating again.

I think you and I waited too long to renew so we won't make the 1st update.

There are supposed to be 2 more updates before May 1.

I already knew approx how much more I needed to donate to jump up a level.

Ah yes. Not renewing is what caused it. You’ll see a new level before May. They are updating again.
Correct
*Please login with your MyCuse account credentials to view your Donor Rank. If you are logged in and do not see a Donor Rank, you have yet to make a donation or renew your season tickets as of April 12, 2024.*

I think you and I waited too long to renew so we won't make the 1st update.

There are supposed to be 2 more updates before May 1.

I already knew approx how much more I needed to donate to jump up a level.
How did you know how much you needed to to donate to jump a level?

Also, I see since I chose the 7 month payment option, that it only credited me 1/7 of my donation amount for this year. Will I benefit by paying my invoice in full?

Is my donor ranking just for my priority group or is it my overall ranking?

Sorry if some of these questions might be repetitive but there are a lot of pages to go through.

How did you know how much you needed to to donate to jump a level?

Also, I see since I chose the 7 month payment option, that it only credited me 1/7 of my donation amount for this year. Will I benefit by paying my invoice in full?

Is my donor ranking just for my priority group or is it my overall ranking?

Sorry if some of these questions might be repetitive but there are a lot of pages to go through.
Basically

Each ticket (level) has a set amount set aside as a donation. Your invoice IIRC breaks it out.

Figure how much you spent in donations and guess if you think that is high enough.

BL: if you had super sweet seats you might consider an extra donation. Your call...this is basically a blind auction.

IMG_1328.jpg

The issue is without the donor ranking you don't really know what moving a level does. From All-american down its a bigger jump in value.

Thats the main reason that it would have been nice to do the donation deadline after the renewal deadline. That would have allowed all the deck chairs to stop moving and then make your best decision as to throw more money at it.

You would think there are several thousand renewals left to process based on my ranking number now and looking at last years totals in each donor level. Perhaps that is true, but it also means I have no real idea on donating money without knowing my ranking in my current level.