2024 Seating Changes | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

i am also shocked how high my donor ranking is, and it reinforces why fundraising has been such a huge focus of the AD's office. And why pushing NIL matters, too. It's why I'm very supportive of JW. He inherited a mess and has made progress, but we need more businesses involved in NIL. Across the state, NYC, region, etc.

Yeah I agree, my donor rank is 1828

Obviously I donate, I have only football season tickets.

I am shocked that I’m in the top 2000 of people who donate

Also the bonus points will lump FB and BBall together, correct? So a 25 year FB only STH all else being equal will have less points than a 25 year BBall STH who has been a FB STH for 3 years. The FB fan should have priority over the mainly BBall fan for choosing FB seats.

I understand it is a PIA for SU to separate the two, but it would have been a more fair process.

My donation history is current. It shows my "donation" for FB and BB renewals, and my extra CAF donation, even though my donor rank probably won't be updated until the next update.

Yeah, I just went in with your directions from the previous post, and I can see my donation amount (which looks accurate).

But my ranking information is all blank. Shot a text to my ticket rep.

Yeah, I just went in with your directions from the previous post, and I can see my donation amount (which looks accurate).

But my ranking information is all blank. Shot a text to my ticket rep.

Let me know what he says, because I'm in the same boat.

I renewed too late to make the April 11 update.

There should be another update coming shortly (I think).

Let me know what he says, because I'm in the same boat.

I renewed too late to make the April 11 update.

There should be another update coming shortly (I think).

Will do. I didn't even realize there was an update then, catching up to it all now. I renewed after it as well.

Basketball is the same thing and needs to be renewed BY MAY 1

Once again, this is all in your booklet……
Reading.. Again with the reading.

I didn't read anything related to BB.

So if BB need to also get their act together that explains why the numbers are so low

And if they don't renew by May 1st just like FB people they get added on to the tail end of all of this.

I have my ranking though I'm really not sure where that places me relatively speaking. Again I'm not worried, there's not a bad seat in the house.
yea, my son and I have decided if we do not get an acceptable seat{s} we will drop our current seasons and donations. We will then pick up the cheapest [99 dollar] and call it good. We do not appreciate the money grab after supporting the program since c1975. What a cluster this reseating has been/is.

Also the bonus points will lump FB and BBall together, correct? So a 25 year FB only STH all else being equal will have less points than a 25 year BBall STH who has been a FB STH for 3 years. The FB fan should have priority over the mainly BBall fan for choosing FB seats.

I understand it is a PIA for SU to separate the two, but it would have been a more fair process.
Not only that a 1 yr STH Fb with a 1 yr STH BB could easily be at a honor donor level than a 25 yr FB STH.

the STH will have a ton of pts but that only matters within the level.

Not only that a 1 yr STH Fb with a 1 yr STH BB could easily be at a honor donor level than a 25 yr FB STH.

the STH will have a ton of pts but that only matters within the level.

Which is why you get credit for priority points with longevity

At some point the people giving significant money to the university need to be honored

If it wasn’t for them, we wouldn’t have any sports at Syracuse

yea, my son and I have decided if we do not get an acceptable seat{s} we will drop our current seasons and donations. We will then pick up the cheapest [99 dollar] and call it good. We do not appreciate the money grab after supporting the program since c1975. What a cluster this reseating has been/is.

I would be shocked if you didn’t get seats comparable to what you are in currently

At some point the people giving significant money to the university need to be honored

hah right -- i'm sorry that offends people but ummm, that's the way the world works. They should see what they do at other universities. God forbid we start winning and sell out the dome all the time. People are really going to complain then.

hah right -- i'm sorry that offends people but ummm, that's the way the world works. They should see what they do at other universities. God forbid we start winning and sell out the dome all the time. People are really going to complain then.

It’s tough because I get it, in aspects it feels like a money grab

But I can promise you, SU did everything they could to try and make it as fair as possible while also trying to make some extra $$

Huge reminder, Football and Basketball has to pay for itself and literally EVERY OTHER sport at Syracuse University.

Yes that includes lax

We can’t fault them for trying to get a little extra money when they can.

At the end of the day, Syracuse University is a business….

yes but a person with 1 yr of donations will be at a higher level than people with 25 yrs of STs and vastly less overall donation money.

yes but a person with 1 yr of donations will be at a higher level than people with 25 yrs of STs and vastly less overall donation money.

Once again, that’s why there is the longevity bonuses.

If they are in your same level as you, more than likely your priority points will have jumped them and caused you to pick before them.

If they are in a level higher than you, they are likely putting down a significant amount more of $$$.

This is what capitalism is all about. Money talks and to be honest Syracuse did everything they could to try and balance things while also trying to make some $$$ to help pay for upgrades throughout the dome that we all asked for, to cover travel costs for ALL of its sports teams, to upgrade practice facilities and build better facilities.

At the end of the day, Syracuse needs your $$ to stay in business.

We are BLESSED that this is going to be a one time thing.

Many other schools reseat every few years

It should be that way. If you give more money you should be at a higher level.

The only complaint one can have is with FB vs non FB. If person A gives $1500 a year to FB and person B gives $500 a year to FB and $2000 in BBall, person B is at a higher level for FB seating. That shouldn't be. Person B should get full credit for the $500 and only priority points for the BBall.

The seating is sport specific but CAF is not sport specific.

Once again, that’s why there is the longevity bonuses.

If they are in your same level as you, more than likely your priority points will have jumped them and caused you to pick before them.

If they are in a level higher than you, they are likely putting down a significant amount more of $$$.

This is what capitalism is all about. Money talks and to be honest Syracuse did everything they could to try and balance things while also trying to make some $$$ to help pay for upgrades throughout the dome that we all asked for, to cover travel costs for ALL of its sports teams, to upgrade practice facilities and build better facilities.

At the end of the day, Syracuse needs your $$ to stay in business.

We are BLESSED that this is going to be a one time thing.

Many other schools reseat every few years

I agree with the money part.

But should someone who has been a FB STH for 40 years get the same longevity points as someone who has been a FB STH for 5 years, and 15 years in BBall? It sucks that SU can't go past 20 years. It is what it is. But they can control being sport specific.

It should be that way. If you give more money you should be at a higher level.

The only complaint one can have is with FB vs non FB. If person A gives $1500 a year to FB and person B gives $500 a year to FB and $2000 in BBall, person B is at a higher level for FB seating. That shouldn't be. Person B should get full credit for the $500 and only priority points for the BBall.

The seating is sport specific but CAF is not sport specific.

Think you’re overthinking it

If person A is giving more money to FB more than likely they want better seats

If person B is giving less money to football, it’s likely that they have less desirable seats

Most season ticket holders aren’t donating over and above what the requirement is for their ticket.

I get what you’re saying, but I think based on the situation, most donations are only coming in for each sport due to what is required to purchase those seats

I agree with the money part.

But should someone who has been a FB STH for 40 years get the same longevity points as someone who has been a FB STH for 5 years, and 15 years in BBall? It sucks that SU can't go past 20 years. It is what it is. But they can control being sport specific.

They combined the sports for longevity points I think due to people that were complaining they didn’t think it was fair that if someone donated more money then them but didn’t have seats for as long could jump them…

It was a way to try and appease everyone

Which is basically impossible

The basketball portion isn’t unknown.

Read the emails, it counts.

Any money donated to the university is counted. That includes basketball season ticket donations.

Guys, 95% of this stuff is answered in your reseating guide that they sent via email AND a hard physical copy.

Do some of your homework, talk to your rep as they’re pretty transparent with what you need to do to secure your seat that you want

There’s a lot of anxiety from a lot of you and I feel a lot of you don’t need to be anxious.

The people that lost their seats for the student section should have a little more anxiety but for the most part should be able to settle into a spot
Don’t you dare take my seats!

Hypothetical, tell me if I have this right. Only asking because my group really wants certain seats, so we're just trying to ensure we can get them. Not asking because I have any issues with the process. Feel like I need to be clear on that :)

Person A's donations are $1,000, which is All Conference level.

Person B's donations are $2,000, which means All Conference level as well (next level is $2,500).

Person A has 50 priority points, Person B only has 10 priority points.

So in this scenario, Person B will have a higher donor rank overall, but Person A would actually select seats first?