2024 Seating Changes | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Interesting that the newest article says the lower level will have cup holders

Have been told a couple times they wouldn’t have them even in lower level.

Happy to have this addition
That may make me switch from center field 300 level to something lower...

Interesting that the newest article says the lower level will have cup holders

Have been told a couple times they wouldn’t have them even in lower level.

Happy to have this addition

Didn't they teach you to show your work...

Didn't they teach you to show your work...

Thanks for the link... I just saw the picture and not impressed... It is like they removed the old seats on the upper level and just put shorter metal benches in on an overhang as new ones in with 'clip on' seats... I'm going to have to visit in person to see it like the article says, but good luck finding your rep on the my cuse site anymore... It's another hidden feature it appears.

What did you expect it to look like? Pretty much what every arena does and once rows of seats are in you will never see the connection bars at all.

If this is really an install they did not do any work on the concrete to make it look better or paint it?

You would think once the area is prepped to install you could with a small crew drop several rows in pretty fast.

And just like that, cupholders are taken away in the 100 level
Yep I was just going to point out that Chris updated the article. I usually like him, but that's not great to make that error, even if he updated it :(

And just like that, cupholders are taken away in the 100 level
Figures... and instead of a 2 page article it is now 1 paragraph... typical reporting in Syracuse. And, imo another Syr.edu failure for communications.

What did you expect it to look like? Pretty much what every arena does and once rows of seats are in you will never see the connection bars at all.

If this is really an install they did not do any work on the concrete to make it look better or paint it?

You would think once the area is prepped to install you could with a small crew drop several rows in pretty fast.
Surprised they at least aren't taking the opportunity to pressure wash the concrete and clean it up some. Understand it will be dirty within a year, but now seems like the perfect opportunity with no obstructions.

Does anyone know for sure if they plan on painting the cement before they install the seats. Missed opportunity if not

Does anyone know for sure if they plan on painting the cement before they install the seats. Missed opportunity if not
WOW +100 Priority points for you. I bet they never even thought of that... I didn't but it makes sense.

Surprised they at least aren't taking the opportunity to pressure wash the concrete and clean it up some. Understand it will be dirty within a year, but now seems like the perfect opportunity with no obstructions.
Ironically introducing water to established concrete can be bad over time as it weakens it.. but there is nothing wrong about washing it once in a while... And they could put a sealant glaze with some sand on the to it for traction... All good engineering concerns that probably came up and they most likely had a limited budget... I'm sure we are all thinking about fan/sports things... while inside the decision making they are thinking about cost effective and maximum revenue generation.

I really hate this picture.. Ironically I started out on a corner section like this on the home side. It looks like seats clamped on to a new metal benches in sections... IMO they didn't change anything, just make it so people can't seat hog others. My ticket prices went up proportional to the seat backs I already had.. They are just 'promoting it'. As I mentioned I will have to see in person when I get a chance, but notice the tie downs from the beginning/ending and every 4 seats and the nice metal sitting platform across. I think it is nothing more than to get seatback pricing in every ticket now for more revenue versus empty seats and those without.

Last edited:
Us common folk in the 300s don't want somebody who will turn their back on us that quickly for hoity toity bs like cupholders
I'm sorry I was willing to Jump to the 100's for a cup holder from my 300 status since they changed the level equiv for seats! But Im on the inner/lower 300's right now so it wasn't that far a jump. I love my 30y seats, but then again I started on the - yard corner 300 section.

I really hate this picture.. Ironically I started out on a corner section like this on the home side. It looks like seats clamped on to a new metal benches in sections... IMO they didn't change anything, just make it so people can't seat hog others. My ticket prices went up proportional to the seat backs I already had.. They are just 'promoting it'. As I mentioned I will have to see in person when I get a chance, but notice the tie downs from the beginning/ending and every 4 seats and the nice metal sitting platform across. I think it is nothing more than to get seatback pricing in every ticket now for more revenue versus empty seats and those without.
The seats fold down. You won’t be sitting on metal. What you see is the brackets holding the seats in place.

The seats fold down. You won’t be sitting on metal. What you see is the brackets holding the seats in place.
YUP, same metal that held my butt in the same position... These are just global seatback replacements for all. I bet it just shifts it backwards etc... on the 300 level... All the 100's no difference as they have a +6 inch between rows. Except I purchased seatbacks... not it in the same price now, and it just oooh it flips up, probably harder to walk by now with extra equipment.

YUP, same metal that held my butt in the same position... These are just global seatback replacements for all. I bet it just shifts it backwards etc... on the 300 level... All the 100's no difference as they have a +6 inch between rows. Except I purchased seatbacks... not it in the same price now, and it just oooh it flips up, probably harder to walk by now with extra equipment.

Dude What are you talking about??????

Did you sit in the trial seats???

My god, they are just like seats in any other arena/stadium

YUP, same metal that held my butt in the same position... These are just global seatback replacements for all.

Dude What are you talking about??????

Did you sit in the trial seats???

My god, they are just like seats in any other arena/stadium
I gave my observations on the pictures and my experience in the 300 level. No one can truly know and I suppose and everyone experience is different of late.

Have you sat in the actual installed ones too? In the stadium? With those in front and behind? With other peeps and had to get up and let others by?

I saw those pictures, and know the areas. I think it is crap. Regardless I am going to engage my rep to get there and sit in them as I said previous. But can you say you have if they haven't even installed them and seen the forward or behind either. Can you? I know they will take more space. To think that they wont is ridiculous. To see other peeps that can hop up on benches to allow others nearby that now cannot going forward... Sorry can only flip up my seat is going to be an issue.

It is nothing more than replacing seatbacks with new revenue without people buying seatbacks, but have even less space and are not sitting on and airline in the 300 section. That was my point.

Trial seats is one thing. Experiencing it is another.