2024 Seating Changes | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

as a donor level 8 had you donated to $500 you would have probably passed 1500+ people in the rankings
it was about 1000 for me to move from level 8 to 7 with a donation up. I am around 2800 in the rankings now. I hope this helps.

STH for football only or multiple sports? I do think the longevity aspect is bumping peoples overall rankings or will in the slotting within their level quite a bit.
Both sports. But I did the payment plan for both so that must be the issue.

The changing of seat values really skewed donor totals and then people doubled down on donations in this one time seat grab event.

Imagine if we had an interactive system where you could have seen the result of your donation and how it related to your standing within your section.. That would have been cool.

And I get that TM might have been hard to work with but that also didnt mean that had to use TM to display the data for this one time event.

Trivial to code up a web page with simple data behind it and have people create one time logins that could have all been thrown away

It wouldnt really have need any personal data that could have been exposed. Just create an acct and login, email it to people, create a simple page to display it, and throw it all away when done.

2-3 days of coding.

SU has single sign on doesn't it? that would have made it secure and very easy to implement.

Simple CS project could have done as a class event.

I may be in the minority but I hate that we subtracted 7000 seats. 43K will be too small especially if we improve drastically. We will see this backfire as a) the place won’t be as loud b) less people will be allowed in the dome now c) down the road, we will need to add more seats somehow and won’t be able to.

I think it will cause a demand that didn't exist prior. Nothing makes consumers want something more than being told they cant have it because it's sold out. If the net result is losing 6k fans in the dome once or twice a year but adding them across traditionally lessor attended games then its net positive

The ability to cherry pick a game or a 3 game package led to lots of empty seats for other games.

Its like if you have a 3500 seat arena thats sold out and you add 1000 seats and attendance goes down. When its sold out people by seasons to make sure they get in. That doesn't mean there is 1000 more waiting to get in

I suspect some of this hear. They already have sold 2-4K more of new STs than last year, so depending on how renewals go, and many here bought extras on top of that, we could see demand go up.

a 35k crowd in a 50K could become a 40K crowd in a 43K. Place will be rocking better and people will see value in STs. If we do well we could get back to 30K avg crowds and the place will look and sound awesome every game not just once a yr..

The resell market is really still the downer on demand. 30 yrs ago the resell was down outside the dome. Not its done on your couch.

Did they ever publish that the visitor section was staying where it was?

yeah the whole endzone is a cluster now.

And You wonder how the system will control spacing. Like will it make you leave no seats in a row free?

Say i want seats 10-15 and you want seats 1-5 on the aisle? will it let you leave 4 empty or whatever number it is.?

I can see the system not letting you leave 1 seat. In some cases people with 2-3 seats might get better seats than groups with 5-6 just because of spacing.

Cuse gets so few visitors

BC and Pitt travel like a MAC school

I'd set aside 200 seats down low end zone in 111 or similar and another 500 in the 200s or 300s corner.

Last edited:
How many spots are in level 8, rough estimate? I'm around 5000.
Hate to break it too you, 5000 probably means a minimum 10-15k seats will be allocated already. If you want first row 3rd deck they'll likely be gone. Look at sections like 303-316, 321-324 and 331-334. Go for the $150 seats...but also look at the $200 seats.

Sadly you probably won't see hardly any familiar faces...it's a money and longevity based re-seating. It is the fairest system they could do.

They have to both earn $$$ and protect the base but money is very important in this realignment world.

In a perfect world people would be able to plan for the seats they buy. We would be able to login ahead of our time slot and start to see what is taken and think about options. Especially if you have a group that is more than you and your wife and kids.

a 5 min window isn't much time to make an informed decision if when you login the spots you planned on were long gone.

if you could login the day or 2 before you would have a much closer idea of what the choices might be both in location and in cost. some people will have a plan of first 3-5 rows in their current section and find them gone but moving sections gets them that row, or paying some more gets them that row in a different section.

I do expect some pics to show up from people here who are on the earlier side of the process as it fills out from the bottom out mostly for FB STHs, but dual sport people could be all over the place.

I have read all the posts in the thread. Been a season tix holder for 20+ years (fball) if I don’t get my 4 aisle seats I will be out. I apologize, but it’s a lack of respect for people who spent a lot of money between tix and food/ beer over the years.

I have read all the posts in the thread. Been a season tix holder for 20+ years (fball) if I don’t get my 4 aisle seats I will be out. I apologize, but it’s a lack of respect for people who spent a lot of money between tix and food/ beer over the years.
I know how you feel. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30 years, and going to games for over 40. I have spent a lot of money supporting SU football at home and away. Waited years to get the seats I’m in. Very good chance some chucklehead newb could pull them out from underneath me.

yeah I get that. just who knows who is lurking in that next window to snipe you.

There are at least 35,000 seats available in this process.

If the person in the 6th minute takes the seat you wanted then play the lottery that day.

Your work in this thread is something else. When it’s all over, let us know where you landed and how it compares to where you were or what you wanted.

There are at least 35,000 seats available in this process.

If the person in the 6th minute takes the seat you wanted then play the lottery that day.

Your work in this thread is something else. When it’s all over, let us know where you landed and how it compares to where you were or what you wanted.
I have no expectations. I know I will be better off than before. How good we will see.

Just hoping my time isn't during league night, Dont want to try and drag a laptop out in the rain to deal with this.

I know how you feel. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30 years, and going to games for over 40. I have spent a lot of money supporting SU football at home and away. Waited years to get the seats I’m in. Very good chance some chucklehead newb could pull them out from underneath me.
I am at a loss how the long time (die hard) football season tickets holders with 25+ consecutive years of renewing seats were not allowed to select/lock in their seats first then move onto the donor ranking.

5 min window is exclusive...you can go past it.
Yes, and a lot of people will, especially if they want to sit near someone. If someone has pick 1000 and their buddy has 1300, then for them to get seats together, they need to wait until it's 1300's window. I know you know this, but others might not.

The question is, will people give up their seats just because they won't be sitting next to their friends. Some might and some might not care. At least in year one.

And the unknown is how close 1000 and 1300 really are since BB tickets are all lumped in.

You will get some hint when the two times come up though.

We dont know how the windows really work though.. Is it an 8 hr day a 24 hr day? 5 days a week or 6?

i would like to think its more like an 8 hr day so people could call reps as needed with questions.

In theory 1000 and 1300 could be close with 290 BB in between or they could be days apart with 290 fb people between

5 min window 12 an hr 96 slots a day?

I guess we could back door how many STH we have from the data

And the unknown is how close 1000 and 1300 really are since BB tickets are all lumped in.

You will get some hint when the two times come up though.

We dont know how the windows really work though.. Is it an 8 hr day a 24 hr day? 5 days a week or 6?

i would like to think its more like an 8 hr day so people could call reps as needed with questions.

In theory 1000 and 1300 could be close with 290 BB in between or they could be days apart with 290 fb people between

5 min window 12 an hr 96 slots a day?

I guess we could back door how many STH we have from the data
96 a day is less than 500 a week. If there are 5000 STH then it's a 10 week process. I wouldn’t think that would be right.

I don't think it is correct...pretty multiple folks are invited in every 5 mins
the email says Selection will take place between May 21 - July 1. does that include BB as well?

Thats like a 7 week window?

I mean we really dont know how many STH for fb there are in the process.

I also think that a chunk are not part of this. How many are in the box seats?

I am at a loss how the long time (die hard) football season tickets holders with 25+ consecutive years of renewing seats were not allowed to select/lock in their seats first then move onto the donor ranking.
I’ve seen a lot of bad football over the last twenty years. But I kept coming back. And I’m not the only one who is at risk here. Hoping for a favorable outcome.

I’ve seen a lot of bad football over the last twenty years. But I kept coming back. And I’m not the only one who is at risk here. Hoping for a favorable outcome.
I am in the same boat. Thirty two consecutive years as a football season ticket holder kept coming back even with numerous years of some bad football. Hoping I can get back in my old seats.