2024 Transfer Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

For me the important variable in transfer loading is integration. Georgetown provides a model. Their offense added some transfers

Transfers are a very complicated issue. Many of the posters have been incisive about the practice. Part of the magic of college sports resides in the wonder of witnessing kids develop over 4 years, from 4th team hangers on to 1st team mainstays. To me this is an argument against hoarding transfers every year. For example, take Sagaeder. He often dominated at Mt. Sinai, but struggled mightily last year. I still believe he will become an excellent LSM. With the number of dmen transfers this year, we may not see him on the field. My excitement for next season diminishes because there are some number of recruits we will not see.

Remaining competitive may require the new emphasis on transfers. I thought Kurst was a joy to watch last season as much for his enthusiasm as for the way his teammates responded to him. But how about Gtown. It took them 2/3 of the season to integrate the fine transfers they had collected. And now they are faced with a group of recruits who lost a year of experience.

Recognizing that the NCAA cannot ban transfers, I believe it could limit the number per team to maybe 2 or 3, thus widening the number of teams that might take advantage and evening the playing field. The current practice leaves me cold.
I'd be hesitant even to think about putting limitations in place until after the "COVID generation" leaves school. It's going to gradually reduce itself to a much smaller number instead of the mass migration we see now.

Interesting choice ... Hoos loading up on the FOGO spot. In a weird way I feel better about him going to UVA than Hopkins or UNC which both look to have a real hole at that spot compared to other top teams. Interesting to see who will be the main FOGO for Virginia.

Top offensives talents will look at SU as long as the offense continues to hum; an improved face off unit will only add to the fun. Now if they only ran a third midfield line and fourth attacker consistently.

fairfield attackman jack mckenna to ohio state

ty if you're reading this please credit nyclax

fairfield is becoming the farm team for the buckeyes. third or fourth transfer from there in the last two years

fairfield attackman jack mckenna to ohio state

ty if you're reading this please credit nyclax

fairfield is becoming the farm team for the buckeyes. third or fourth transfer from there in the last two years

Lol and they add the defenseman from Fairfield.

FOGOs seem to be growing on trees this offseason. I have to imagine Drew Blanchard is Hopkins bound at this point? Last big FOGO name on the board.

Outside of that it seems Josh Zawada is the last player who really moves the needle left (if Vardaro is indeed Georgetown bound). As an SU fan I've got my eye on Zach Goorno from Bowdoin and Stone Jacobs from Vermont as SSDMs.

Wonder how they work it with McAdory currently at the righty attack spot. Do they move him back to middie so Zawada can be back on a line with high school teammate Dyson Williams? Oneill is still the big problem in Duke land and the guy who will demand the ball most of the time. Still only one ball and still the same stale as hell duke offense.

Wonder how they work it with McAdory currently at the righty attack spot. Do they move him back to middie so Zawada can be back on a line with high school teammate Dyson Williams? Oneill is still the big problem in Duke land and the guy who will demand the ball most of the time. Still only one ball and still the same stale as hell duke offense.

I think its really about Duke taking one last big crack with O'Neil being a senior and only 1 champ game appearance to date and no titles. If he finishes without a title it will certainly impact his legacy even though he is obviously an elite level player. Duke also loses a metric f ton to graduation after next year including O'Neil, Dyson Williams and a host of others.

I think it’s really about Duke taking one last big crack with O'Neil being a senior and only 1 champ game appearance to date and no titles. If he finishes without a title it will certainly impact his legacy even though he is obviously an elite level player. Duke also loses a metric f ton to graduation after next year including O'Neil, Dyson Williams and a host of others.
Agreed on the last big shot theory. But we saw how that worked out when they brought in Sowers.

Maybe Zawada comes out of the box and runs a lot of inverts with McAdorey. Not a true position-less offense, but a hybrid of some kind.

And, as an aside, O’Neill can still be neutralized with physical defense. Just not a lot of defensemen out there who can jack him up and keep their footwork.

Agreed on the last big shot theory. But we saw how that worked out when they brought in Sowers.

Maybe Zawada comes out of the box and runs a lot of inverts with McAdorey. Not a true position-less offense, but a hybrid of some kind.

And, as an aside, O’Neill can still be neutralized with physical defense. Just not a lot of defensemen out there who can jack him up and keep their footwork.
Hoping that is true. Zawada and Oneill are both attack who love to initiate with the ball. Different now that Oneill will be a highly experienced senior vs a freshman like it was with Sowers. He was not the threat off the dodge then that he is now. But basically any time Zawada dodges instead of Oneill I will be happy. Zawada is great but not a Sowers or Oneill level dodger.

Owen Grant of Delaware did a great job on him in the tourney. Kennedy did a good job against him in our 2022 game. Think Olexo is our best guy for the job since he is both physical and speedy, but we felt like we needed his foot speed to guard McAdory this past season. Maybe that changes with Figueras back in action if he is fully recovered.

I think its really about Duke taking one last big crack with O'Neil being a senior and only 1 champ game appearance to date and no titles. If he finishes without a title it will certainly impact his legacy even though he is obviously an elite level player. Duke also loses a metric f ton to graduation after next year including O'Neil, Dyson Williams and a host of others.
If they don't win next season, it will impact Danowski's legacy.

If they don't win next season, it will impact Danowski's legacy.

Danowski's legacy is pretty much cemented but it will be a decade since his last title and he's had some pretty loaded teams that under achieved in the tourney (save for last year). He reminds me a bit of Desko from say 2010-2016, lot of really good teams and not much to show for it.

A couple of names have found landing spots according to Xanders:

TJ Gravante from Mount St Mary's to Delaware
Ben Scandone from Drexel to Brown

Also someone on Fanlax said that Thomas Colucci is moving from Colgate to UVA.

The Cavs seriously loading up on fogos this offseason (one from Navy, Binghamton, Colgate and a late high school flip from Brunswick).