2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair waived by Las Vegas Aces | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair waived by Las Vegas Aces

Brutal. Hopefully she still gets that 100k from the city and another opportunity elsewhere.
She will get paid to play basketball somewhere, I just really hope its in the WNBA. It would be such a bad look if she didn't get that 100k when she was sitting in the locker room. I'm guessing someone making the kind gesture wouldn't make such a dumb move, but we've seen names spelled wrong on jersey retirements.

She will get paid to play basketball somewhere, I just really hope it’s in the WNBA. It would be such a bad look if she didn't get that 100k when she was sitting in the locker room. I'm guessing someone making the kind gesture wouldn't make such a dumb move, but we've seen names spelled wrong on jersey retirements.
Weird too that they give her a roster spot on opening day and cut her after the fourth game when she got in for the first time for a few minutes at the end of a game. Wouldn’t shock me if inside the organization giving her a roster spot on opening day alone was a contentious decision.

Peaked at some box scores from a few other teams. The Dallas Wings appeared to be lacking in depth at guard production (beyond their lead guard).

NY Liberty
Minnesota Lynx
Los Angeles Sparks

Last edited:
Sad Baby GIF

Peaked at some box scores from a few other teams. The Dallas Wings appeared to be lacking in depth at guard production (beyond their lead guard).

NY Liberty
Minnesota Lynx
Los Angeles Sparks
Thanks for the homework, I wouldnt even know where to even know what depth charts look like. Question though, do a lot of teams use a short rotation like the Aces? They seem to use a super short bench.

Thanks for the homework, I wouldnt even know where to even know what depth charts look like. Question though, do a lot of teams use a short rotation like the Aces? They seem to use a super short bench.
I'm just a Caitlin Clark Dyaisha Fair newbie, but the Aces seem to be an outlier. Quick glance at some box scores shows them playing about 6 w 20+ & 1 more w 12ish.

Others seem to have 7-8 w 10+ mins.

Lots of teams w 2-3 guards scoring 10+. These are some teams that had 1 good guard, then a huge drop-off. Just based on 1 recent game. Not a full season analysis.

I'm just a Caitlin Clark Dyaisha Fair newbie, but the Aces seem to be an outlier. Quick glance at some box scores shows them playing about 6 w 20+ & 1 more w 12ish.

Others seem to have 7-8 w 10+ mins.

Lots of teams w 2-3 guards scoring 10+. These are some teams that had 1 good guard, then a huge drop-off. Just based on 1 recent game. Not a full season analysis.
Sounds like the league is way behind on expansion. Unfortunately they cant expand too fast without really changing the game.

Becky Hammon not mincing words.
She needs to find a team that's having trouble putting the ball in the basket from the point guard spot. Recall if any of the teams you posted earlier have a dire need? Otherwise this isn't looking good at all.

She needs to find a team that's having trouble putting the ball in the basket from the point guard spot. Recall if any of the teams you posted earlier have a dire need? Otherwise this isn't looking good at all.
Team by team

Seattle - 4 guards in its top 7 scorers
Phoenix - 6 in its top 7
Minnesota - 3 in its top 7
LA - 4 in its top 7
LV - 3 in its top 7 (this may be a flawed analysis)
Dallas - 2 in its top 7
Washington - 5 of 7
NY - 2 of 7
Indiana - 4 of 7
Connecticut - 4 of 7
Chicago - 5 of 7
Atlanta - 5 of 7

NY & Dallas may be worth a look.

Dallas 2nd leading scoring guard avgs 31 minute & 6 points a game, but leads the team in assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.2 steals.

NYs 2nd leading guard scorer avgs 26 mins , 8 points, 3.3 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 3 turnovers, 1.2 steals

Minnesota 2nd leading guard scorer avgs 12 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 1.5 steals, 3 turnovers

Last edited:
Loved Fair's game and all that she meant to Syracuse program. It's a numbers game in the WNBA, and they were never in her favor, limited rosters and her height. Regardless of where she got drafted the odds of making a team were slim, things that were assets in college don't always translate to next level. Where quickness was an asset at SU, the "W" has plenty.

The season for the 'W' is short and complicated by an Olympic year and not alot of time to develop a player. Find a place overseas and work on her game.

No time to develop a new PG while on the road to the threepeat.
Depth beyond the starting five has been a problem since before this season started. Replacing Fair with a serviceable veteran free agent isn't going to help over the long term.

They might win it all again but it's going to be really tough.

Like it or not, it is incredibly hard to get and keep a roster spot in the WNBA. Very, very few spots and very intense competition to get one. Much harder than the NBA and we know that too is not easy by any stretch.
Wishing Fair the best w/ the WNBA or basketball somewhere in the world.

Like it or not, it is incredibly hard to get and keep a roster spot in the WNBA. Very, very few spots and very intense competition to get one. Much harder than the NBA and we know that too is not easy by any stretch.
She'll do well in Europe, or possibly Australia would be a good spot for her.

I am biased, but feel like she could be as good as some of the other 2nd guards out there. She got 2 assists in 3 minutes for LV. She could exceed 6 assists if given 20 mins.

She could get 8ish points in that time too.

These are the numbers the 2nd guards at NY & Minn are pulling.

But, yeah, she didn't look great on D. Taller players were feeding the post by passing right over her head.

Last edited: