2024 Yankees Season | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Pitching has cratered. Way too many games giving up 6+ runs over the last two weeks.
All along, team ERA has been around the top of the league, while FIP and xFIP have been in the middle. This suggests that team pitching has been somewhat fortunate. My hope is that the return of Cole might prevent the team from falling to the middle. The last two or three times through the rotation have been a disaster. I’d assume it is an anomaly and not a trend. A stretch like this can really make things seem hopeless.

Asking for a friend who doesn’t want to upset the board cognoscenti:

When would be an appropriate time to feel concern?
Until I see different this is the same old team that can beat up the dregs to qualify for the playoffs but has too many issues vs. the quality teams to win a title.

Until I see different this is the same old team that can beat up the dregs to qualify for the playoffs but has too many issues vs. the quality teams to win a title.

I think you’re right. The Braves, Dodgers, and O’s all looked like more complete teams. Tough to feel confident in a 7-game series.

Haven’t seen what Philly has in store.

We’ll always have the Twinkies, though.

I think you’re right. The Braves, Dodgers, and O’s all looked like more complete teams.
If you watch these teams more closely, talk to their fans, and listen to their podcasts, you’ll find they have plenty of perceived weaknesses as well.

Do we really believe recent World Series winners were “complete teams?”

Yankees are facing my team, the mighty Blue Jays offence for 4 games. If the Yanks want to win 3 or more games this series, they better be prepared to score at least 7 runs total over the series.

Rodon: The Stinker...

default.jpg

Ok it’s officially time for concern.
It’s officially time to switch channels and watch Jeopardy. No that’s not a good idea because it makes me think the Yankees playoff chances might be in jeopardy.

It’s officially time to switch channels and watch Jeopardy. No that’s not a good idea because it makes me think the Yankees playoff chances might be in jeopardy.
I’m already switched to YouTube videos

Ok it’s officially time for concern.

Giving up 8 runs to the Jays, and in particular 2 homers to George Springer (.581 OPS) would concern me if I was a Yanks fan.

Fortunately you still have the Yanks after tonight's game, and I'm still stuck with the Jays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom